BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

:lol: Draw Capital H without lifting your writing instrument at any moment and without overwriting any of the line.

Note: The trick requires no folding of paper. Except Some logic. The writing instrument is normal pen/pencil.

19 answers to this question

:lol: Draw Capital H without lifting your writing instrument at any moment and without overwriting any of the line.

Note: The trick requires no folding of paper. Except Some logic. The writing instrument is normal pen/pencil.

Seems impossible at first if it's a simple capital H (using three lines) as the join between the cross-piece and the uprights forms a 3-way junction, which you can't make without overwriting or lifting your pen... so it can't be that.

What then if it's the outline of a letter 'H'? That's much easier to draw.

Seems impossible at first if it's a simple capital H (using three lines) as the join between the cross-piece and the uprights forms a 3-way junction, which you can't make without overwriting or lifting your pen... so it can't be that.

What then if it's the outline of a letter 'H'? That's much easier to draw.

That works - an H in blocked writing. It is still an H

The trick is to draw the outline without leaving any space between the inner and outer edges?

Seems impossible without some trickery.

Edited by fatelaking

You can draw H without folding the paper. Here is the trick:

1. Draw | (left line in H) in the paper.

2. Place another paper over it so that it hides half of the line (lets say the bottom half).

3. Redraw the hidden line over the paper that is placed above

4. Draw -

5. Draw | (Right most line) so that the top half is drawn in the paper that is below and the bottom half is drawn in the paper that is on the top.

6. Remove the Top paper.

7. Draw the bottom half in the original one.

Hope you can visualize what iam trying to say :rolleyes:

You can draw H without folding the paper. Here is the trick:

1. Draw | (left line in H) in the paper.

2. Place another paper over it so that it hides half of the line (lets say the bottom half).

3. Redraw the hidden line over the paper that is placed above

4. Draw -

5. Draw | (Right most line) so that the top half is drawn in the paper that is below and the bottom half is drawn in the paper that is on the top.

6. Remove the Top paper.

7. Draw the bottom half in the original one.

Hope you can visualize what iam trying to say :rolleyes:

There is no folding of paper involved. So I think it is ...

Drawing the outline

over writing is crossing over or writing another line on top?

I would make a U and then curve over to the right and draw the line through the middle of the U to make the H

over writing is crossing over or writing another line on top?

Spoiler for oops so sorry:

I would make a U and then curve over to the right and draw the line through the middle of the U to make the H

So imagine a U with a P next to it. UP with a + on that.. does this make sense to you?

You make a U and then continue into a P and keep drawing the last part of the P to the left till it crosses

both vertical lines.

Edited by crazypainter

Take a piece of paper and roll it on a cylinder of such a size that the paper ends just meet. Start with the pencil... now, need I say more?

I couldn't get you.

How are you going to draw the two parallel vertical lines? :unsure:

A horizontal line seems to be possible.

Can you please explain it to me.

Here's my solution, easy to do, not easy to draw in this space. I don't seem to have enough control of the fonts to draw a nice picture with the basic text editor provided here.. Easy to do in a WORD document, not here. Bear with me on the description. Here we go.

Since I can't do it with the editor, you'll have to draw your own Big "H" and picture these points around it a, b, c, d, e, f. Point "a" is halfway up the H on the left side, right where the horizontal line meets the RIGHT vertical line of the H. Point "d" is on the right side where the horizontal line meets the RIGHT vertical line of the H. "b" is on the top of the left vertical line .

"c" is on the bottom of the left vertical line.

"e" is on the top of the right vertical line.

"f" is on the bottom of the right vertical line.

Get a piece of paper and wrap it around a cylinder, for example a soda can. The paper should be of a size such that the edges of the paper just touch when the paper is wrapper arouind the can.

Start the pencil at point "a" , draw a line upwards towards point "b". Because the paper is rolled around a cylinder, point "b" will touch point "c". Next, continue the line up to "a", now go horizontal to "d", now up toward "e", (again "e" and "f" are touching because the paper is rolled on a cylinder. Continue from "e" to "f" up to "d".

Unroll the paper, and there's the "H".