BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

itachi-san

Question

This is an homage to Brandonb's translator puzzles. They are all quotes from movies and hopefully follow the difficulty level he has setup. I hope everyone has as much fun solving these as I had making them ;)

lvl 1) W'C Y BKD PIYAWVD PYNA. W FKZOBV'E TVKF FIYE EK BK FWEI KVM WR W PYZDIE KVM. W XZAE BK EIWVDA. - IMYEI OMBDMN YA EIM XKTMN

lvl 2) EPW QJH MJDDE OEPS EFF ZEQ FKIIFW ZJMMKW, JP EPW QJH MJDDE OKIW. - CP OFJDZW (missing 2 important grammatical devices somewhere)

lvl 3) LJBOMO QZJV NBLJ QVAJP QN QJOQ GJ. A QJ RAO YAIJV SAQR ONGJ KI XJBO BP BALJ LRABQA. (missing the letter A)

lvl 4) JT EMM BOH WX LJXBA X EMM BOH BJSXA X EMM BOH SJCMP, AOH SEMUA XBJ VXH (missing a vowel)

lvl 5) WV AWHUL U CJWQ Z VNVIJZQ U AE IZKZAZC. JWO JV LWQ U AE IZKZAZC, U YW'Q FWO. (missing a consonant)

lvl x) UNI ARLOGMS '95 CRLLIA OPOJ O LIOW NSLLSLBNSP. O GHZI POLD EHTLOUJ YIIWHGM OWW UNLSRMN JSRL MRUUHPRUB. (nothing missing, except logic - you'll see)

remember that in quotes, precise grammar is not usually the case. uh oh...

Edit: I should note that each example has an entirely different encryption (maybe)

16 answers to this question

gj on 1 and 2 Frost! and yeah, it's hard for me to tell, but I think they get quite difficult (luckily it's the weekend, so no bosses or teachers should complain ;) )

Thanks. Somehow I just guess a couple letters and it all works out from there. B))

"The Durango 95 purred away a real horrorshow. A nice warm vibraty feeling all through your guttiwuts."

BTW, The 3rd 'R' in "horrorshow" is encrypted as a 'W'. So that plus the last word REALLY through me, I thought I was way off till I had to google it to check :P

Edited by Brandonb

"The Durango 95 purred away a real horrorshow. A nice warm vibraty feeling all through your guttiwuts."

BTW, The 3rd 'R' in "horrorshow" is encrypted as a 'W'. So that plus the last word REALLY through me, I thought I was way off till I had to google it to check :P

nice! and sorry about that typo. i just re-checked everything else and it's all on the up and up ;)

A Clockwork Orange. basically they use their own language =)

Edit: i fixed the OP

are 3,4, and/or 5 too short? I can add the encrypted sources for more letters to work with if needed.

I haven't worked on the others yet, but here's number 3:

A census taker once tried to test me. I are his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti.

(except you left off the last 'i', so it says "chiant")

-- Slience of the Lambs (a favorite!)

I haven't worked on the others yet, but here's number 3:
A census taker once tried to test me. I are his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti.

(except you left off the last 'i', so it says "chiant")

-- Slience of the Lambs (a favorite!)

great job Cherry Lane! I was waiting for you to give these a whirl ;) sorry about the typo... again..jeez. Brandon deserves a lot of credit. These are really tough to check it seems. Some kind of jedi mind trick or something.

nice Ben Law! really well done, and I'm glad to see I managed not to have typos in those 2 B))

Thanks for playing everyone! The masters shined as usual, but I encourage everyone to try getting into these types of puzzles. It's a unique satisfaction when the pieces start falling into place ;)

Edit:

Casablanca and Animal Crackers

nice Ben Law! really well done, and I'm glad to see I managed not to have typos in those 2 B))

Thanks for playing everyone! The masters shined as usual, but I encourage everyone to try getting into these types of puzzles. It's a unique satisfaction when the pieces start falling into place ;)

Edit:

Casablanca and Animal Crackers

Thanks for the puzzles Itachi. Took a looong time to solve them :P

Thanks for the puzzles Itachi. Took a looong time to solve them :P

you're quite welcome! i had a lot of fun with these. i'm gonna stick with movie quotes for future puzzles (maybe song lyrics too). in fact, i'm about ready for round 2 ;) though i'll take much more time checking for typos this time.