BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Think of words ending in -gry. Angry and Hungry are two of them. There are three words in the English language. What is the third word? It is something that almost everyone uses every day, and if you have paid attention, I have already given you the answer.

23 answers to this question

Think of words ending in -gry. Angry and Hungry are two of them. There are three words in the English language. What is the third word? It is something that almost everyone uses every day, and if you have paid attention, I have already given you the answer.

Language

This is already posted

angry , hungry , puggry - These are the 3 words that end with "gry"

There are only three words in the English language. What is the third word?

That is the only part that actually matters, seeing as there are actually quite a few words that end in -gry, though they aren't used everyday.

That is why the answer is Language.

the - english - language

Your word does not end in "gry" :lol:

It's one of those riddles where the phrasing is more important than what is actually said. The important sentence is "There are three words in the English language." In other words "There are three words in 'the English language.' "

I did a search and the only word I found ending in "gry" (other than sir names) was:

ONEGRY: a state of being alone or unhappy.

I don't use that one every day (thank goodness!)...'cause I've got the Slickster!! :wub:

but I see the joke that you others are getting at...a play on words. :)

but I see the joke that you others are getting at...a play on words. :)

I did a search and the only word I found ending in "gry" (other than sir names) was:

ONEGRY: a state of being alone or unhappy.

I don't use that one every day (thank goodness!)...'cause I've got the Slickster!! :wub:

Agreed ! You and Aka are truly friends . :D

Angry sure suits you . ;)

EDIT :

too go with Language.

;)
...language, however, I really like the word "puggry", whatever the hizzle it means. I hope I get one for my birthday.....if not I'll probably just sit at home in a onegry.

;)
...language, however, I really like the word "puggry", whatever the hizzle it means. I hope I get one for my birthday.....if not I'll probably just sit at home in a onegry.

Pug´gry - A light scarf wound around a hat or helmet to protect the head from the sun.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Puggry

I hope you get one for your birthday too, cause I wouldn't want you to be in an onegry on your birthday.

There is no longer a "real" answer to this particular puzzle since it has simply become a riddle over the years. However, 8 of the most common "correct" answers can be found here:

http://www.fun-with-words.com/word_gry_angry_hungry.html

Think of words ending in -gry. Angry and Hungry are two of them.

There are three words in the English language. What is the third word?

It is something that almost everyone uses every day, and if you have paid attention, I have already given you the answer.

Only one answer fits.

You are asked to think about - not to respond to - words that end in -gry.

The requested answer is said to be in common, almost daily, usage.

Bye bye puggry and the like.

You are told the English Language has three words. That sentence has two interpretations:

1. The language has three words.
  2. The phrase has three words.
Since the OP is in English and contains more then three distinct words, interpretation [1] is out.

The only answer that fits is language.

The word is "WORDS". Everyone uses words everyday, unless they are mute. And "words" was the third word that you posted!!! I'm right, aren't i? heh he sorry, not to brag

Why is this still open? ALL 8 of the most common "correct" answers can be found here:

http://www.fun-with-words.com/word_gry_angry_hungry.html

Ohhhh - you caught me on the wrong foot. Did not read all the words of the riddle carefully (blushes).

It was just like the fact that :

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.