BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

A guy has to see his girlfriend, who lives at the other side of the river. There is only one bridge, who connects the two sides.

There is a guard, who collects money from the person, who wants to cross it. It takes 10 minutes to cross the bridge on foot. Guard sleeps and wakes up for 5 minutes. So, there is no chance anyone can escape from his eyes. If a person has no money, he sends him back from where he came from.

This guy is poor and has no money. Can any one help him to cross the bridge?

[He has no options, except crossing the bridge through the guard.]

10 answers to this question

A guy has to see his girlfriend, who lives at the other side of the river. There is only one bridge, who connects the two sides.

There is a guard, who collects money from the person, who wants to cross it. It takes 10 minutes to cross the bridge on foot. Guard sleeps and wakes up for 5 minutes. So, there is no chance anyone can escape from his eyes. If a person has no money, he sends him back from where he came from.

another solution is to use a car, motorcycle or bike ;D

Edited by unreality

He leaves, and at 5 minutes he's half way across the bridge, guard wakes up. The guy says he came from the other side. So the guard sends him across. This would mean the guy would have to lie to the guard. Oh no!! Since the guard wouldn't be able to tell which side he came from if he was dead center on the bridge. Peace.

Edited by cruxclimber

This guy is poor and has no money. Can any one help him to cross the bridge?

[He has no options, except crossing the bridge through the guard.]

hehe :P guard is only awake for 5 minutes a day. sleepy guard ;D

all he has to do is turn around before the guard sees him- and the guard will think he was coming from the other side and make him cross the rest of the way, thinking he was sending him back where he came from! ;)

I never get logic puzzles and I atually understood this! -_-

all he has to do is turn around before the guard sees him- and the guard will think he was coming from the other side and make him cross the rest of the way, thinking he was sending him back where he came from! ;)

I never get logic puzzles and I atually understood this! -_-

Gr8...even cruxlimber has the solution...watch for my next puzzle in few minutes.

There was one like this before, anyway, janubaba, you should expect the answers to your riddles to be in spoilers, remind somebody if they didn't use spoilers or something because it ruins it for others. ;):)