kingofpain

Question

Came across this on a newsgroup:

https://implicit.harvard.edu

I took a few of these and my 'unbiased' results are as follows:

I am unbiased between Hillary, Obama and McCain

I am unbiased between Blacks and Whites

I am unbiased between Straight and Gay people

My first test told me I had a moderate bias for able people vs. disabled people. I took the test again a few times and it told me that I have no bias. I think the first time result may have been off because I don't naturally associate a road sign of a dog with blind people.

Here are some of the tests that told me I was prejudiced:

I moderately associate Males with Family and Females with Careers

I moderately associate Asian Americans with 'America' and European Americans with 'Foreign'

I like Judaism slightly more than other religions (The test was for anti-Semitisim and I guess I am pro-Semitic)

I slightly associate men with science and women with liberal arts

Tell us if you find out something cool about yourself. Some of these prejudices are very counter-intuitive since I consciously believe that women are better caretakers of family than men. I also look at all religions with contempt and have observed first hand that Asian Americans tend to hold on to their culture a lot more than European Americans do. The results were very surprising given this information!

Cheers!

3 answers to this question

i tried to take a few tests but i kept slipping up. it gets very, very confusing and i don't think my results would be accurate. i did take the presidential test, and it showed i most liked Barack Obama and lest liked John McCain, with Hilary exactly in the middle. there was almost no space between each.