BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Will you believe me if I say that the square 'A' and square 'B' are of the same color? :o

You can easily verify this using a image editor (use the 'color picker' tool OR crop a portion of 2 squares and compare).

post-6305-1214053547_thumbpng

Nice find. I've already seen that octo performing on TV. The coastline as seen from space was great.

Thanks to unreality, I found another set of ABs, here is it.

Oh yeah, that one was cool too. :D

Now what's really interesting is if you get it into paint and then slowly move a bit of square B into square A, you can see it seem to get darker. Try it.

Will you believe me if I say that the square 'A' and square 'B' are of the same color? :o

You can easily verify this using a image editor (use the 'color picker' tool OR crop a portion of 2 squares and compare).

If u have photoshop crop these AND look at them they are the same. this is cool

there is another way u can trust ur sight....cover the green object with ur hand, and blur ur vision on the grid....u'll notice that the two colours will appear to be the same!!!

mmm....INTRESTING!!! :D

If you have a decent printer, try printing it. It was actually much easier to see that they are the same that way. I wonder if the difference between reflected and directed light makes a difference?

This illusion is excellent.......i couldn't believe it, but WOW..... :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

i think this is the 'trick of the light ' type of illusion........according to the intensity of light (and sometimes the colours surrounding and highlighting it) , one colour will seem to change shades and tones accordingly.

I JUST LOVE IT!!!!!

Edited by EDM

I personally advise you open the image in an editor (MS Paint will work just fine) and see for yourself.

Even I didn't believed it at first. Thats why its my favorite.

Lesson to learn:

Don't trust your eyes B)) , always.

ur right, we should not trust your eyes. -_-

I would have to disagree with the statement they are the same color. The boxes themselves are not, but for box B with the shadowing they have the same darkness. The box is obviously white and therefore not the same color. Your wording is wrong and a little misleading.

Cool nonetheless though. Nice picture and idea.

If you look at the picture on a flat screen such as cellphone or laptop, you can tilt the screen so you are looking at it from an extreme angle. then you can clearly see that the square are the same colour. Good job Adelson!

I would have to disagree with the statement they are the same color. The boxes themselves are not, but for box B with the shadowing they have the same darkness. The box is obviously white and therefore not the same color. Your wording is wrong and a little misleading.

Cool nonetheless though. Nice picture and idea.

I think YOU are interpeting the statement wrong. The boxes ARE the same color NOT "darkness." If you look at the actual COLOR of the boxes they are the same, but your brain recognizes a checkered pattern making you assume the box is supposed to be white. This plus the lighting/shadowing effect causes your brain to think it is a white box with a shadow. Upon inspecting the actual COLORS of each box, not the colors you think they are supposed to be, you will find that they are the SAME color. You could say the shadow makes the white box "darker" so obviously its not white but the SAME color as the other box.

Wow. I just tried that myself. Still dont believe it though.

Can anyone offer an explaination as to why one appears brighter than the other?

I know the shadow has something to do with it...

:lol: It does involve the shadow - the shadow makes it the same color

:rolleyes: Guys actually they are different colors the illusion is created due to the shadow of the cylinder try the color picker method in the block right below block A you will see the truth :D