BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

I know this is a brainteasers forum, but I think it would be nice to have a writers forum. While playing Unreality's Deity System game i noticed how much creativity some people on this forum have. If we had a writers forum on the site, not only would it allow people to exrepress themselves with any stories they might have, but it would also attract even more people who are appealed by it. This is just a suggestion, I want to see what everyone else thinks about the idea.

Also, because it's not brainteasers, you could make it so that any posts under the forum dont go towards peoples post count.

Edited by giterdone

7 answers to this question

I like the idea to enrich this forum with creative ideas - high quality posts not necessarily connected to brain teasers ... so not just random words presented in childish/immature manner

it all depends on:

1. interest of members (there were several attempts to discuss literature ... with little success)

2. form (short novels, poems etc.)

3. quality of posts (no "duh, loooool" and "gotsta bounce" posts)

I like this idea. I suggest a new section called Poetry and Prose (something to that effect). This section can be sub-divided into User Submitted Poetry, User Submitted Prose or short-fiction only, Lit discussion and debate (about existing literature), and Role Playing Games (for threads like the DEITY system). The threads for users' creative writing can be very helpful with comments and constructive criticism so that our work can even improve from it.

I'm still not seeing the point of caring about user's total post count, so I wouldn't worry about that part.

I got the idea from Unreality's forum. They have a section where you can write your own stories, But because of the lack of people on that forum THere are only a few stories(One of them is mine). Because there is sooooo many more people on this forum, I figured it might work.

One suggestion: If we do make a writers forum, I belive we should have unlimited edit control to our OP's. If we can't edit the Op as many times as we would like, the story would be scattered throughout the thread. People like to write stories and sections, and it would be so much eaiser to read if we could just add to what's already there in the OP.

I really like Itachi's catagory ideas. The total posts idea was just to appeal to the sense that there would be no "Brain-activity" (brain teasers).

Edited by giterdone

I'm a writer/author type person, but I don't prefer to publish my work on the internet, especially large stuff. Stuff I work actually hard on. But I'm a member and moderator of a large RP site, and started an RP here as well as a few on my various forums (the site URL changes from time to time, lol, currently and hopefully permanently we are The Revival)... and I've occasionally written some Fan Fics for my forum too

anyway, I think it'd be a good idea