BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

1)I can be eaten and important for circle work. What am I?

2)I am an insect, and the first half of my name reveals another insect. Some famous musicians had a name similar to mine. What am I?

3)My life can be measured in hours, I serve by being devoured, thin I am quick, fat I am slow and wind is my foe.What am I?

4)I have holes in my top and bottom, my left and right, and in the middle but I still hold water.What am I?

5)Give me food, and I will live; give me water, and I will die. What am I?

6)You use a knife to slice my head and weep beside me when I am dead. What am I?

7)I'm the part of the bird that's not in the sky. I can swim in the ocean and yet remain dry. What am I?

8) I am mother and father, but never birth or nurse. I'm rarely still, but I never wander. What am I?

9)I am weightless, but you can see me. Put me in a bucket, and I'll make it lighter. What am I?

10)I'm where yesterday follows today, and tomorrow's in the middle. What am I?

11)Weight in my belly, trees on my back, nails in my ribs, feet do I lack. What am I?

12)Lighter than what I'm made of, more of me is hidden than is seen. What am I?

13)You can have me but cannot hold me, gain me and quickly lose me, if treated with care I can be great, and if betrayed I will break. What am I?

14)I can be cracked, I can be made, I can be told, I can be played. What am I?

15)Until I am measured I am not known. Yet how you miss me, when I have flown! What am I?

sorry if any of these have been heard before.

Edited by bacon

23 answers to this question

5. fire

8. nature/time

9. hole

11. barrel

12. shadow

13. will/pride/determination/joy/confidence

14. code

15. time

5,8,9,11,13,15 are right

14,12 are wrong for what i got.

i was using tree in 8 but nature includes trees and i was being a bit to Specific

i also ws using ship for 11 but barrel gives the same answer

all of em?

1)pi(e)

2)beetle

3)candle

4)sponge

5)fire

6)onion

7)shadow

8)tree

9)hole

10)dictionary

11)ship

12)sun

13)confidence, silence, secret

14)joke

15)time

all apart from 12 which wakejon had correctly said iceberg

well done

1. Pi (or Pie).

2. Beetle.

3. Candle.

4. Sponge.

5. Fire.

6. Onion.

7. Shadow.

9. Hole.

10. Dictionary.

12. Iceberg.

13. Trust.

14. Joke.

15. Time.

2)I am an insect, and the first half of my name reveals another insect. Some famous musicians had a name similar to mine. What am I?

3)My life can be measured in hours, I serve by being devoured, thin I am quick, fat I am slow and wind is my foe.What am I?

4)I have holes in my top and bottom, my left and right, and in the middle but I still hold water.What am I?

6)You use a knife to slice my head and weep beside me when I am dead. What am I?

7)I'm the part of the bird that's not in the sky. I can swim in the ocean and yet remain dry. What am I?

8) I am mother and father, but never birth or nurse. I'm rarely still, but I never wander. What am I?

9)I am weightless, but you can see me. Put me in a bucket, and I'll make it lighter. What am I?

11)Weight in my belly, trees on my back, nails in my ribs, feet do I lack. What am I?

13)You can have me but cannot hold me, gain me and quickly lose me, if treated with care I can be great, and if betrayed I will break. What am I?

15)Until I am measured I am not known. Yet how you miss me, when I have flown! What am I?

4: A Sponge

5: Fire

6: An Onion

7: A Shadow

9: A Hole

10: A Dictionary

12: An Iceburg

14: A Note

15: Time

Here's what seems to be the current answers:

1. Pie (ViZioN)

2. Beetles (Brain King)

3. Candle (itachi-san)

4. Sponge (itachi-san)

5. Fire (onetruth)

6. Onion (wakejon)

7. Shadow (itachi-san)

8. nature/trees (onetruth)

9. Hole (onetruth)

10. Dictionary (wakejon)

11. Barrel (onetruth) or ship

12. Shadow (onetruth), iceberg (wakejon), or sun (itachi-san)

13. will/pride/determination/joy/confidence (onetruth), silence/secret (itachi-san), or trust (thorntma)

14. Code (onetruth) or joke (wakejon)

15. Time (onetruth)

7.duck

13.water

14.man

1. Pi

2. Beetle

4. Sponge

6. Onion

7. Shadow

8. Tree

9. Hole

11. Boat

12. Iceberg

13. Trust

14. Joke

15. Time