BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Pears

rookie1ja

• 3 weeks later...

it could also just be that the pears are somewhere else. like somewhere imbetween rather then the ground (so an object) or the peartree. like Guish said water could do it.

Or maybe it was picked by the person who owned the tree since he didnt want to lose his pears during the storm. um... so could like Pears simply mean there was more then one on the tree right, but the end of the riddle it said no "PearS" were on the ground or the tree, so it could simply mean its not plural anymore right. Afterall there might be only one pear on the tree and only on the ground. then it would still make sense correct?? Or does that not make sense. I mean it could just be that.

Actually a ton of things could of happened. Right so almost anything works.

• 2 weeks later...
So simple. They are on the roof of the house(s) that are under the trees branches

Yes, that could be ture or somebody came along hungry and ate them all. everybody rules out the very simple! :P

I have an answer. The strong wind broke off the branch with all of the pears on it. The branch falls to the ground, but it lands so that the pears are still lifted off of the ground. Pears not in tree, pears not on ground, problem solved.

Edited by Sinsemilla

hi people..

i dont think anyone got it right....

the right answer is,there were no pears on the trees..the problem is simple...there was a pear tree,,but due to logic conclusion it is obvious there werent any pears on the trees when the wind blew... :)

but there werent any pears on this tree...there was no mention of pears,but if your making a new puzzle to solve,i'd say the pear was floating on simply water surrounding the tree..

everybody who keeps saying there are no pears have not read the riddle correctly it states there are "neither pears" on the ground or in the tree so therefore there could be a pear in each place but not more than one!!!! (the plural factor gets you here) so when i read that there were 2 pears (not pairs) to begin with it made a perfectly logical explanation for the riddle... well to me anyways.... :)

Pears - Back to the Logic Puzzles

There are a few trees in a garden. On one of them, a pear tree, there are pears (quite logical). But after a strong wind blew, there were neither pears on the tree nor on the ground. How come?

Pears - solution

At first, there were 2 pears on the tree. After the wind blew, one pear fell on the ground. So there where no pears on the tree and there were no pears on the ground.

Another possible solutions: The wind blew so hard that the pears fell of the tree and blew along the ground into the water or hovering in the air in a tornado.

:huh: Yeah you cant just add stuff at the end, first of all if one pear fell but there were two then one should still be in the tree. oh yeah and if one is on the ground then how can all of a sudden there be none on the ground, but then none in the tree when just one fell, seriously its lame. I think you confused yourself, they say the apple doesnt fall to far from the tree I dont think pears do either.

:huh: Yeah you cant just add stuff at the end, first of all if one pear fell but there were two then one should still be in the tree. oh yeah and if one is on the ground then how can all of a sudden there be none on the ground, but then none in the tree when just one fell, seriously its lame. I think you confused yourself, they say the apple doesnt fall to far from the tree I dont think pears do either.

imagine this:

tree with 2 pears, ground with no pears ... then wind blew

tree with 1 pear, ground with 1 pear - there are not pears on the tree and there are not pears on the ground

I might draw a picture if that is still too complex

• 2 weeks later...

I believe that it is that their is one Pear on the tree and one Pear on the ground therefore there are no pairs. This riddle works best when spoken due to the fact that pear and pair are homonyms. It is like this riddle/joke You have 20sick sheep, when spoken aloud it sounds like you are saying you have 26 sheep, one dies how many are left? since it is written down that i said you have 20 sick sheep you would know the answer is 19. However if you say this aloud to someone they would most likely answer 25 because 20 sick sheep sounds a lot like 26 sheep

sorry No avatar and no cool slogan but soon

Have any of you ever heard of a "fruitarian"?

Well, apparently it's like a vegetarian, but they eat only fruit. And the deal is they believe than as long as the fruit is still on the tree, it belongs to the tree. But, if the fruit is on the ground, it belongs to the earth. So these people stand around under fruit trees waiting for the fruit to fall 'cause it's the only way they can justify taking the fruit.

So my solution suggests that there are a bunch of fruitarians standing under this particular tree during this wind storm.

What do you think? Plausible?

• 2 weeks later...
The Pears could have smashed into a wall and made marmalade. So there would be marmalade on the wall, and no pears on the ground or tree.

OR

They could have been blown into a neighboring tree.

I WAS THINKING THE VERY SAME THING...LOL... WHICH WOULD BE A LOT EASIER TO SOLVE. :lol: