BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

George boards a red-eye flight from Las Angeles to Chicago, more than ready to return home after a tiring week of meetings and conventions. George strolls lazily back towards his ticketed seat, 26B, when he sees an old friend from high school whom he has not seen in at least ten years. George perks up and, in a slightly raised voice, greets his old friend waiving in a lively manner. Within seconds, the other passengers on the plain start screaming and ducking into their seats, and an air marshal in seat 2A rushes up behind George and tackles him to the ground. George is taken to one of the small Homeland Security cells at LAX where is questioned for five minutes, and then released with the apologies of the air marshal and the entire US government!

Questions:

1. Is George's friend male or female?

2. Who is George's friend?

3. What caused all the commotion? (There is one true, and simple answer).

10 answers to this question

this is all I'm getting, but I don't know if this answer incorporates the "apology from the entire u.s. government" aspect of your puzzle

1. male

2. Jack

3. his greeting was an emphatic, "hi jack," which caused the little uproar (hijack)

@largeneal

Yeah that's correct. A simple puzzle that I tried to beef up with some useless information. The "entire US Government" quip was just with the DHS theme.

@largeneal

Yeah that's correct. A simple puzzle that I tried to beef up with some useless information. The "entire US Government" quip was just with the DHS theme.

Oh...well it was a neat puzzle. Good one and post more!

It was George W. Bush on Air Force One. He saw his former girlfriend from high school Ima Terrorist who recently joined the Secret Service without him knowing. He shouted her name and was taken down by his guards thinking that he was a terrorist with a George Bush mask. After he was detained for 5 minutes they finally realized it was President Bush because he couldn't pronounce nuclear so they let him go and everyone apologized. The End =)

It was George W. Bush on Air Force One. He saw his former girlfriend from high school Ima Terrorist who recently joined the Secret Service without him knowing. He shouted her name and was taken down by his guards thinking that he was a terrorist with a George Bush mask. After he was detained for 5 minutes they finally realized it was President Bush because he couldn't pronounce nuclear so they let him go and everyone apologized. The End =)

that works perfectly, GWB allways has the 26B ticket on airforce one - i was not to thrilled when i got 26a

perhaps largeneal will share the kudos at the bonanova coffe shop

I've heard this one before.

George boards a red-eye flight from Las Angeles to Chicago, more than ready to return home after a tiring week of meetings and conventions. George strolls lazily back towards his ticketed seat, 26B, when he sees an old friend from high school whom he has not seen in at least ten years. George perks up and, in a slightly raised voice, greets his old friend waiving in a lively manner. Within seconds, the other passengers on the plain start screaming and ducking into their seats, and an air marshal in seat 2A rushes up behind George and tackles him to the ground. George is taken to one of the small Homeland Security cells at LAX where is questioned for five minutes, and then released with the apologies of the air marshal and the entire US government!

Questions:

1. Is George's friend male or female?

2. Who is George's friend?

3. What caused all the commotion? (There is one true, and simple answer).

1. His friend is a man

2. His name is Jack

3. George yells out "Hi jack!", which was misinterpreted as if he was hijacking the plane