BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Someone please help me with the answer to this.....

There is a fork in the road and one side leads to the bank, which is where you want to go. You do not know which side the bank is on. There is one troll on each road and they are identical, one ALWAYS lies, and one ALWAYS tells the truth. You can only ask ONE of the trolls ONE yes or no question to find out which side has the bank on it. You do not know which troll is which. What is the question you ask to find out which side the bank is on?

3 answers to this question

Someone please help me with the answer to this.....

There is a fork in the road and one side leads to the bank, which is where you want to go. You do not know which side the bank is on. There is one troll on each road and they are identical, one ALWAYS lies, and one ALWAYS tells the truth. You can only ask ONE of the trolls ONE yes or no question to find out which side has the bank on it. You do not know which troll is which. What is the question you ask to find out which side the bank is on?

"which way will the other troll tell me to go?"

and then you go the oposite way.

the truthfull troll will tell you the wrong way b/c thats what the liar would say. and the liar would tell you the wrong way bc it is not what the truthful one would say.

Welcome to the boards, Sora. Please perform a search before posting new riddles. If you perform a search for the words "fork" and "truth", you will find this has been done before.

Martini