BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

THE KING'S TEST

An eccentric king wanted to find the smartest person in his kingdom. He had one bucket of milk and another bucket of water, both filled to the rim. he then said, "whoever can mix these together to form a 50/50 mixture without using anything other than these two buckets will recieve a thousand gold coins." How did one man finally succeed?

The man never poured the milk or water at any time

The man did not accomplish this task quickly

Milk and vodka (for example) could NOT have been used in this test

9 answers to this question

Well, I don't think it would be perfect, but if you dump the bucket of water out, you can then split the milk relatively evenly between the buckets. Then, leave them outside for a rainstorm until they are filled up.

Well, I don't think it would be perfect, but if you dump the bucket of water out, you can then split the milk relatively evenly between the buckets. Then, leave them outside for a rainstorm until they are filled up.

No... that would be adding new water... you have to use the water that was given to you

I think I know

he let the water evaporate and the milk curdle. Then he was able to dump/pickup and drop (not pour) half the curdled milk into the empty bucket. Then he left them outside until a rainstorm hit and filled both buckets up.

EDIT: I didn't see your new post about not being able to add new water...

Edited by itachi-san

Answer!!!!!

He waited for a very cold day, both the water and milk froze... then he proceeded to chizzle out the water and mily and put and equal about of the frozen result into each bucket....

Answer!!!!!

He waited for a very cold day, both the water and milk froze... then he proceeded to chizzle out the water and mily and put and equal about of the frozen result into each bucket....

THE KING'S TEST

An eccentric king wanted to find the smartest person in his kingdom. He had one bucket of milk and another bucket of water, both filled to the rim. he then said, "whoever can mix these together to form a 50/50 mixture without using anything other than these two buckets will recieve a thousand gold coins." How did one man finally succeed

I thought of it earlier...but your answer has to use to cut the solid piece of frozen chunks...

THE KING'S TEST

An eccentric king wanted to find the smartest person in his kingdom. He had one bucket of milk and another bucket of water, both filled to the rim. he then said, "whoever can mix these together to form a 50/50 mixture without using anything other than these two buckets will recieve a thousand gold coins." How did one man finally succeed

I thought of it earlier...but your answer has to use to cut the solid piece of frozen chunks...

no you can just take the ice out of the bucket and smash it on the groud... and there you go, a whole bunch of ice cubes you can then distribute into the buckets...

Tip one bucket slowly until the contents (water or milk) is level with the opening of the bucket and the rim of the bottom of the bucket. At that point the bucket is half full. Tip the bucket back onto its base. Pour the contents of the other bucket into the first until the first bucket is full. Discard the remaining contents of the second bucket. Voila! 50/50.

i got one...the man who finally did it just by simply doing nothing at all but, waiting.

he waits for a quite long time when both the water and milk get too deteriorated to tell which bucket contains milk and which one contains water, not to mention check whether are they 50/50...

:P