BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Photograph

rookie1ja

at first i thought the same as admin..... but after you explained it and broke it down i understood what you meant..... <<the father of the person in the photo .....is the son of my father >>

i ignored the first part at first

Neither caveat is meaningless. If I have a brother, the man in the photo can be my nephew.

If I'm a woman and the photo is of my son, his father could only be the son of my father if my son's father is my brother. Hopefully that wouldn't be the case. :unsure:

i agree ...you must say that "i" is a man...or else the photo would be my...<<nephew-son>>...which is just wrong!!

nope.. admin was right

the "son of my father " is the one that holding the picture

so the father of the one on the picture.. is the one,, that holding or looking the picture

therefore: the one on the picture is the son that is looking on the picture...

get it??

• 4 weeks later...
This is a classic logic problem. As I recall the original puzzle was

"Brothers and sisters I have none, but that man's father is my father's son"

Think about it folks, the ONLY answer is that he's referring to his own son, not himself.

i have to disagree with Bill47 on this one if he is saying that his fathers son is my fathers son than he is reffering to himself. the key words are my fathers son which is either yourself or a brother or sister. since the riddle clearly stated their were no brothers or sisters than the only person left who it could be would be himself

Alright, I understand that you may all think that these are some valid solutions. I personally have not read precious responses to this and i don't really care. But here is the part that i find hilarious and it will blow up in my face if it turns out that I'm wrong. I'm 14 (yes to you I will most likely sound like a whiny little teenager who doesn't know when to shut up) and i figured this one out in 10 seconds flat. know you people may all be young too or you may just be bored and not have anything to do but there is a simple answer to this one.

I am looking at somebody's photo(can be anyone in the world so far). Who is it I am looking at, if I don't have any brothers or sisters and the father of that man on the photo is the son of my father(narrows it way down to the son of a specific man)?

Now yes i suppos that it could be himself but that was not what the person who wrote this riddle was probably thinking. The answer is his fathers grandson . this leaves it as his fathers son and it is not himself, not a brother or sister and he might be taking a picture of his own son.

I personally have not read precious responses to this and i don't really care.

Welcome to the Den. Please have a better attitude when posting; we're mostly a pretty nice bunch.

The answer is his fathers grandson . this leaves it as his fathers son and it is not himself

That doesn't make sense. His father's grandson would be his son. His father's son would be himself.