BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Photograph

rookie1ja

The person speaking is looking at his son.

The riddle says: "the father of that man on the photo is the son of my father". The man's father is my grandfather's son, whom is "I", and since I am the father of my son, the man in the picture is my son.

This is so easy!! You're looking at yourself of course!
I am looking at somebody's photo. Who is it I am looking at, if I don't have any brothers or sisters and the father of that man on the photo is the son of my father?--------

he's looking at himself people....he doesnt have sibblings.....think please.....

How is it that this is so hard to follow?

If I have no bothers then the son of my father is me. So

So I am the father of the man in the photo. So the man in the picture is my son.

How hard is that?

• 3 weeks later...

Ok guys since people still keep saying its himself we will do it step by step

I am looking at somebody's photo. Who is it I am looking at, if I don't have any brothers or sisters and the father of that man on the photo is the son of my father?
ok lets start will start off with me then work back

1. we have me looking a a picture

2. i have No siblings

3. my father's son= ME since i am an only child! No argument there right?

4. That guy's father is my father's son

5. so if my father's son= me then it really reads

that guys father is me

6.so that guy is my son

• 2 weeks later...

I once was at an exposition, where a man pointed at a portrait and said: I have no brothers, but HIS father is a son of MY father.

The portrayed man was clearly his son, because it couldn't be his nephew. If it were his nephew, after all, then the man talking would have had at least one brother - the father of the portrayed man!

The current riddle is analogous: you're looking at a photograph of your son!

(Actually, one could have dozens of sisters, and this would still be true, because we're NOT talking about the MOTHER of the person in the photograph. The MOTHER could hardly be anyone's SON either, could she?)

BoilingOil

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It would be the son. Alright lets call the man looking at the photo James. James has no silblings as stated, His fathers son would need to be James right? since no siblings has already been proved, then using the answer from before (his fathers son is James) then if James is the father of the man in the photo (the father of that man on the photo) must be his son.

Unless everyone here knows some way that a man can be his own father it cant really have any other answer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...