BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

On a windy Monday in a palace type circular house at around 8 in the morning, the 1 year old son of the richest man in that land was kidnapped while sleeping in his 2nd floor room.

The nanny came back from the 1st floor and found out that the boy was missing. She immediately called the boy's father to tell the incident.

The father rushed home and notify the police of the kidnapping happened in their house. When the police arrived they asked the father who's inside the house and what happened on that day. The father told the police that His wife, her mother, the nanny and the gardener.

The police asked each one of them including the father on where they are and what they are doing when the kidnapping happenned. The Nanny told the police that she's fixing milk for the boy. The wife told the police thats she's cooking for dinner at the kitchen. the gardener told the police that he's watering the plants outside and the grandmother told the police that she's in the corner of the living room stiching sweatshirt for the boy. the father told the police that he's in the office.

After a couple of hours, police identify 2 suspects who might be the kidnapper. who are they?

Edited by beryong27

12 answers to this question

The first one is definitely the wife.. since no one cooks dinner on 8 am..<br />

and the second one is probably the father.. dont think there are any office that opens at 8am

Edited by hungryforlogic

Mother and grandmother. If he is the richest man, then he would hire a cook and the grandmother would not be in the corner of a round house nor stitching a sweatshirt, richest man would have just bought a new sweatshirt for his son.

The first one is definitely the wife.. since no one cooks dinner on 8 am..<br />

and the second one is probably the father.. dont think there are any office that opens at 8am

You've got 1 right, i'll not say whos right of the 2 answer of yours, tnx for trying

Mother and grandmother. If he is the richest man, then he would hire a cook and the grandmother would not be in the corner of a round house nor stitching a sweatshirt, richest man would have just bought a new sweatshirt for his son.

You're right but the reason for the wife should be ... shes cooking dinner at 8 am, and ur perfectly right about the grandmother, tnx.

You're right but the reason for the wife should be ... shes cooking dinner at 8 am, and ur perfectly right about the grandmother, tnx.

For some diners, such as whole turkey and pies, starting at 8 AM would be reasonable, after all, a rich man probably does entertain guests and have dinner parties.

1. Its quite possible to be making dinner at 8am, if a lot of prep is required, or it's a long cooking time.

2. Circular houses do not have circular rooms - so the rooms will have corners..

3. As for stitching a sweatshirt......Father didn't get to be "the richest man in the land" by splashing out unnecessarily on new stuff..... :D

4. I'd be fairly suspicious of a gardener watering flowers at 8am on a windy day, tho. :unsure:

1. Its quite possible to be making dinner at 8am, if a lot of prep is required, or it's a long cooking time.

2. Circular houses do not have circular rooms - so the rooms will have corners..

3. As for stitching a sweatshirt......Father didn't get to be "the richest man in the land" by splashing out unnecessarily on new stuff..... :D

4. I'd be fairly suspicious of a gardener watering flowers at 8am on a windy day, tho. :unsure:

The much obvious answers are the grandmother and the mother ... Hey! but your point of view base on my story make sense, and i didn't see that. yes your right in your own way.

And if you wont mind, i asked for 2 suspect ... base on your suspicion i think the gardener works with the nanny, he left the boy all alone so that the gardener can do it and she is the one who reported to the father (not to the police) to avoid and consider her a strong suspect .. LOL :thanks:

Edited by beryong27

Nobody would give statement, "I was in the corner of the living room..." Generally a person would say, "I was in the living room........."

Grand mother therefore is a strong suspect, mentioning the words 'in the corner' in her statement shows that she is not satisfied there, may be due to misbehavior of other persons... or some thing else.

Second strong suspect in my view is Nanny...!

Why did not she first inquire the whereabouts of the son in the house itself, asking the other people present in the house? Directly calling the father of the son, makes her another strong suspect.

Nobody would give statement, "I was in the corner of the living room..." Generally a person would say, "I was in the living room........."

Grand mother therefore is a strong suspect, mentioning the words 'in the corner' in her statement shows that she is not satisfied there, may be due to misbehavior of other persons... or some thing else.

Second strong suspect in my view is Nanny...!

Why did not she first inquire the whereabouts of the son in the house itself, asking the other people present in the house? Directly calling the father of the son, makes her another strong suspect.

Although it looks odd if somebody prepares dinner at 8 AM, so the wife also seems to be a suspect; but she can't make herself suspect by telling such an open lie, she could have told 'Lunch' or 'Breakfast' instead of 'Dinner', if she had to lie at all.