BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Hi! I am new to this site and this is my first attempt at a riddle. I hope you like it. This is an original riddle, written by me and only ever seen by a few friends on facebook. No one ever answered it and only 1 other person, my daughter, knows the answer...because I had to tell her before she could go to sleep! I have polished it up a bit and hope you find it worthy! Good Luck!

WHAT ARE WE?

• There are only 3 of us in existance.
  • Only 1 of us can be rhymed with anything you've ever seen.
  • Although we can all be seen in the sunlight, shade makes all the difference!
  • Plural, 2 of us are good to eat.
  • Singular, 1 is still good but 1 makes you sick!(Make sure you know which is which!)
  • 1 of us is two faced…making some things too young, while others too old!
  • Although 1 of us gets most of the publicity and almost ALL the jobs, it is the least heard about one that is the "Favorite with the ladies!"

What are we?

(I will post the answer in a bit.)

Edited by princecharmthings

5 answers to this question

Sorry it is so messy...I did try to go in and fix it but I guess it didn't save it??? So here is the edited version.

WHAT ARE WE?

• There are only 3 of us in existance.
  • Only 1 of us can be rhymed with anything you've ever seen.
  • Although we can all be seen in the sunlight, shade makes all the difference!
  • Plural, 2 of us are good to eat.
  • Singular, 1 is still good but 1 makes you sick!(Make sure you know which is which!)
  • 1 of us is two faced…making some things too young, while others too old!
  • Although 1 of us gets most of the publicity and almost ALL the jobs, it is the least heard about one that is the "Favorite with the ladies!"

What are we?

(I will post the answer in a bit.)

but mostly fits - secondary colors?

• There are only 3 of us in existance. - green, orange, purple
  • Only 1 of us can be rhymed with anything you've ever seen. - green rhymes with seen but orange and purple have no rhymes
  • Although we can all be seen in the sunlight, shade makes all the difference! - shades as keyword
  • Plural, 2 of us are good to eat. - greens and oranges good to eat
  • Singular, 1 is still good but 1 makes you sick!(Make sure you know which is which!) - orange still good but green can mean sick
  • 1 of us is two faced…making some things too young, while others too old! - ???
  • Although 1 of us gets most of the publicity and almost ALL the jobs, it is the least heard about one that is the "Favorite with the ladies!" - green with envy? and green as in $ maybe and purple

kinda falls off a little in the end from what I can interpret but worth a guess. I would encourage you to give this one some time before you hint or give the answer. intriguing. good one.

but mostly fits - secondary colors?

• There are only 3 of us in existance. - green, orange, purple
  • Only 1 of us can be rhymed with anything you've ever seen. - green rhymes with seen but orange and purple have no rhymes
  • Although we can all be seen in the sunlight, shade makes all the difference! - shades as keyword
  • Plural, 2 of us are good to eat. - greens and oranges good to eat
  • Singular, 1 is still good but 1 makes you sick!(Make sure you know which is which!) - orange still good but green can mean sick
  • 1 of us is two faced…making some things too young, while others too old! - ???
  • Although 1 of us gets most of the publicity and almost ALL the jobs, it is the least heard about one that is the "Favorite with the ladies!" - green with envy? and green as in $ maybe and purple

Well done! And fast, too!

kinda falls off a little in the end from what I can interpret but worth a guess. I would encourage you to give this one some time before you hint or give the answer. intriguing. good one.

WHAT ARE WE?

ANSWER: SECONDARY COLORS!

There are only 3 of us in existance. Green, Orange, and Purple.

Only 1 of us can be rhymed with anything you've ever seen. Green is the only one that can be rhymed at all. It also rhymes with "seen."

Although we can all be seen in the sunlight, shade makes all the difference! All 3 are in sunlight when broken up with a prism... Shade makes all the difference when matching colors...shade was a clue.

Plural, 2 of us are good to eat. Oranges and Greens are good to eat.

Singular, 1 is still good but 1 makes you sick! (Make sure you know which is which!) An Orange is still good to eat. But, when you are "green" you are nauseated... green meaning sick.

1 of us is two faced…making some things too young, while others too old! Green again... too young/novice is "Green" while food left too long gets moldy and rots and turns "green" when it is too old!

Although 1 of us gets most of the publicity and almost ALL the jobs, (Green gets most of the publicity in The News, as in Money, almost ALL the jobs in that "Green Jobs" are popular where "Orange Jobs" or "Purple Jobs" are not. (Although you could say picking oranges or making orange juice at a factory could be considered "orange jobs.")

it is the least heard about one that is the "Favorite with the ladies!"As for this last clue, of the 3 colors, more women would choose "Purple" as their favorite over green and orange. Not a scientific fact that I can reference, but I asked all my friends and found it to be true. Besides, it is just a riddle, and not science!

I hope I have answered all questions fairly.

(Perhaps it needs a little more work...?

Great Job, plainglazed! You nailed it!!!

Edited by princecharmthings