BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Brian Dennis: The Flying Dutchman

Cavenglok

@guppy Yes, they were tattooed on. Sorry for the unclarity. (is that a word?) You could search for different ports, but Climax City has, well, quite a bit of them. It will take a LONG time. Also, what map? I haven't finished it yet... I don't have a computer with me, so I'm "borrowing" my friend's. Thanks for the thumbs up. :)

@Thalia/Headshot Yes, you can. You do so and you'll apparently hear from them in a few days.

@Headshot That's the poem I found it from. I found it very intriguing. So far, your (old) contact book has all the contacts from previous mysteries and not much else that will be of use. The medical crew confirmed that it is all of the same person. The medical crew also says upon autopsy that the body was most likely killed before it was discovered. This could mean that it was killed off site or killed and discovered later. The medical crew says they will inform you exact dates and times later.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Did I mention you have witnesses? The man who discovered the body at the Liberty Hotel pool is distraught from finding a dead body brutally killed like that, but he is ready to talk. If you also want to investigate the hanged body in Main Street, you may want to talk to the husband of the dead woman first.

The dead woman in the pool's name is Natasha Milton. Her finder is Matthew Macintosh. The hanged woman is Sarah Milton. Her husband is Nick Milton.

Edited by Cavenglok

Milton... Milton... Why don't you go find some member of the Milton family and question them if they had family enemies? Or if they had any problems recently? It doesn't seem like a random murder to me

u said the body had these tattoos .... were these tattoos places after she was killed or like before they killed her?.. cause i doubt that she had them unless she was in coordination with them and they had some kind of fight... or it's just their way of making their mark.. i agree with bellerophon we should question the milton family... natasha and sarah have the same family name we should find out how there are connected.... so yes question the miltons:)

It turns out only Natasha's brother is alive. His name is Nick, so you interrogate him.

Interrogation: Nick Milton

Interrogation Instructions

You can interrogate any witness you want. Ask them any question. I hope you will be sensible. If you feel they aren't telling the truth, you have a taser. But they WILL strongly dislike you after you do so. As any sensible person would. I'll start off the interrogation with a question if one hasn't already been presented.

You: Hello. Nick Milton?

Nick: That's right.

You: Right. Wait, are you Nick Milton as in Sarah Milton's husband?

Nick: (flinches) How do you..?

You: My name is Brian Dennis. I am the detective investigating that case. There have been two murders, so we'll need you to tell me anything you can.

Nick: Very well. As long as they're not too personal.

You: They won't, I don't think. Does your family have any family enemies?

Nick: Not that I know of. Erm... You can go ask my um... sick uncle. He may not be... up to answering your questions. It probably won't help you. He's a little senile.

You: Erm... It'll help a litte, I guess. Thanks.

Nick: Alright, then. You need anything else?

It appears that the tattoos were made after the murder.

Edited by Cavenglok

questions for nick... where can we find your uncle? were u and natasha close? did u fight with sarah? and does anyone in ur family own any boats or houses next to the beach or ports or anything like that?

@guppy

Interrogation with Nick

You: How can we get to your uncle?

Nick: Climax Hospital. His name is Jonathan Flint.

You: I'll make a note to visit him. Were you and Natasha close?

Nick: We were very close. As kids, we never separated. But I found a wife and she found a boyfriend, so we became farther apart then.

You: Okay. Did you and Sarah have any fights?

Nick: (raises eyebrow) What, you think I killed her?

You: No, just curious.

Nick: Well, you stay out of our marriage.

You: Very well. Are you willing to continue?

Nick: ...fine. We were set up. Things weren't the best between us. But I tried to love her. And she tried to love me. It just didn't work out.

You: I'm sorry.

Nick: It's... Okay.

You: Want a break?

Nick: Is that all your questions?

You: Unfortunately not.

Nick: Then let's get this done and over with.

You: Does your family have any ports or boats?

Nick: We live by Gillies Beach. (you look at him) Everyone has a boat there. (you still look) Yes, I have a boat! But not ports. We didn't plan on getting one soon.

You: Why not?

Nick: Too much work.

You: Okay. I have some pictures here. Could you tell me what they are? (you show him the tattoos)

Nick: That's... That's Blackbeard's Jolly Roger.

You: Pardon?

Nick: A demon-like creature holding a spear over a heart. It's definitely Blackbeard's.

You: Can you recognize anymore?

Nick: Can I? I used to work at the Salem Pirates Museum. The torso is Blackbeard, the right arm is Calico Jack Rackham, the left hand is Bart Roberts, right leg is Edward Low, and that's Stede Bonnet's flag on the left leg.

You: Wow. Thank you.

@Headshot

According to records, none of them have a criminal record.

Edited by Cavenglok

*This is in real time.* You have responses from the medical crew. Natasha was killed July 18, 2011, around 1:00 in the morning. Sarah was killed July 17, 2011, around midnight.

So I guess you want Nick's alibi for those two dates.

Interrogation - Nick

You: What did you do the 17th and 18th of July?

Nick: I left home about 9:00 in the Pirate Museum to get my job back after I cooked Natasha some eggs. She was staying over, and she looked slightly panicked. She was eating when I left. I went to see Sarah at work. She had to work overtime because Natasha was staying over for now on. I took her out for lunch. She had to work, so I said good-bye. I hung out with some old friends of mine. They were so sure that I would get the job, but I told them I might or might not. We partied for a while. I had the car, so I picked up Sarah and came back home around 9:00. Natasha wasn't home. She came back home very, very frightened. It was something like 11:00. Then I found her next morning, dead in the bathtub. Sarah was gone in the morning. I panicked and called you guys. Then I heard that she... she... (he breaks down)

You: I'm sorry. That's all we need. Thank you.

You stop in your tracks. In a bad-a** fashion, you look at him, back still to him.

Interrogation - Nick

You: Wait a minute. Sarah was found in a bathtub and Natasha was found in a pool.

Nick: Yeah. That's what I said.

You play a recording of the interrogation. Both of you hear him say otherwise in the recording. Nick glares at you.

Nick: I need to go.

You: (you hold your pistol to his forehead) No you don't. Why'd you fumble?

Nick: I forgot.

You: That's an awfully big thing to forget.

Nick: Well, I did.

Next action?

USE THE TASER!!!! *laughs hysterically in anticipation* Actually, no. I would say take him into custody, and see if your top investigators can get him to say different. The taser is used in dire situations ONLY. But a few questions: couldn't you use the taser as encouragement? You know, like saying that if the suspect doesn't answer honestly you will tase the person? And couldn't you just tase them repeatedly even if they don't like you?

Sheriff: He calls himself the Flying Dutchman. He killed two people so far. One's on 51 Main Street, hanged underwater. The second was found in five pieces in the swimming pool of Liberty Hotel. You wanna take the case?

how can someone be hanged underwater in a bathtub?

we need to take him into custody. let the police see if they can get anymore out of him, well we go search his house. (we need him to tell us in detail exactly what he did the morning he found the body)

You take Nick into custody. You hand the police your good ol' taser and tell them to try and not kill Nick. You take care Nick hears it to intimidate him. By the way, you guys want me to confirm with the medical crew how Sarah and Natasha died?

@MissKitten Er.. The more you tase them unnecessarily, the more they dislike you, and will answer you less and less clearly. Also has to do with the fact they are in too much pain to talk.

PIrates+Underwater murders+Flying Dutchman = Ehh?

I say to first confirm with the medics about the deaths of the Miltons, then you should get a search warrant for Nick's house and search it thoroughly. You went so suddenly that he probably didn't have time to hide anything incriminating. Also get speaker recognition for the man on the other side of the phone. (unless the police station doesn't record phone calls?) Put Nick to the lie detector and try to convince him that he will not be in danger if he tells the truth (once he does, you can do otherwise).

we need to check nicks house for Natasha blood to see if she was killed there............... also if nick was home and sarah was killed in the house(bathtub) how did he not hear anything? ...............after we check the house we need to talk to the uncle

post-27620-0-08973300-1311858428.pngYou search Nick's house.

When you enter through the door, there's not much to see. An old hallway leads to the kitchen. On the wall are beautiful paintings. They have cute little mice combatting rats. Interesting. You turn right into another antique room. This is the living room. A relatively new leather couch faces a burnt-out fireplace. The rug is beautiful and ornate. A candlestick waits on a tall oak shelf.

You look around again. The windows are clean, Nick has been taking good care of the house. You pass the 10-inch flatscreen. So spoiled.

You go into the bathroom, your real interest. The bathtub is actually clean. There's a small line where the water has been for a while, and you notice a little red around parts you can't wash. So she was bloodied. You'll have to check out her autopsy later when you answer the medical crew's riddle. (which I will come up with in a sec)

You walk into Sarah and Nick's bedroom. It's a big bed with windows. The sun shines through pleasantly. The closet inside has suits and dresses. They shared the closet. You also notice that the clothes are hung together, whereas there are almost no clothes by the other closet door.

Nothing real suspicious. Maybe Nick is innocent after all?

To see the way of death,

you must first check their breath.

The marks around their throat

sent them to Charon's boat.

Edited by Cavenglok

Way of death = how they died

their breath = Garlic Breath?

marks around their throat = Vampires?

Charon's boat = Ferryman of hell, means they died.

I thought it was about pirates... But then, I could be wrong about Dracula.