BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

12 answers to this question

What else do you do with them? Burn them to a crisp I suppose.

I beleive they are bried 6ft because that is the depth necessary to avoid scent of the decomp. takes average 10 years without coffin and 12 - 15 with.

I beleive they are bried 6ft because that is the depth necessary to avoid scent of the decomp. takes average 10 years without coffin and 12 - 15 with.

Also it slows em down a bit if they come back to life and want to eat you

Dead are buried because no one wants to see them rot. It is another way of mummifying. They think the soul or spirits are able to release some good luck for the crops the next year?
Not to mention some yummy nutrients. I'd much rather be worm food than cremated. It's the only real way to go "back to nature" :P

Not to mention some yummy nutrients. I'd much rather be worm food than cremated. It's the only real way to go "back to nature" :P

Matter cannot be destroyed so it makes no difference. You aren't the same as when you were first a zygote (or born if you prefer to look at it that way). Point being, that there is no way to go back the way you came.

Edited by itachi-san

Not to worry, the worms will never be able to enter the way they seal up the coffin. I think it's a lot of money for a short send off. The parlor directors sure make a killing. Nyuk . My friend does the hair and make-up before and after they croak and makes alot including gratuities.

Matter cannot be destroyed so it makes no difference. You aren't the same as when you were first a zygote (or born if you prefer to look at it that way). Point being, that there is no way to go back the way you came.
I don't want to go back, but it'd be nice to go forward in some positive way. You make a meal for a worm, the worm makes a meal for a bird etc, etc. Gets you back into the cycle of things.

Not to worry, the worms will never be able to enter the way they seal up the coffin.
Yeah, I bet worms probably don't eat dead people anyway. But I'm sure something does. I hope biodegradable coffins biodegrade quick enough so you won't be just putrid mush by the time anyone comes for a snack. Otherwise I might have to have a special funeral where they throw me to a pack of wolves or something. Wouldn't that be marvellous?