BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

wolfgang

Question

Three identical men named( Rols,Trns, Hogo ),You showed them three identical shirts,but in three different colors(Red, Blue, and Yellow ).Then you blindfold them, and gave each one a shirt randomly to wear.

Now ,you should say only two sentences,using letters taken from their names only, to make each man knowing which color has his shirt...you can repeat any letter.

but you are not allowed to say or mention any color.

Note:They are as clever as you !

Any kind of cheating is forbidden.

I challenge you -_-

9 answers to this question

I would say the name of whomever is wearing the red shirt followed by R (eg Trns R). I would then say the name of whomever is wearing the yellow shirt followed by snot (eg Rols snot). If they are as clever as I am, hearing their name and R would clearly indicate they are wearing the red shirt. Hearing their name and snot (generally a yellowish color in my experience) would clearly indicate they are wearing the yellow colored shirt opposed to the red or blue shirt. This leaves the third person able to figure out that their shirt is blue.

Are the colors mapped to persons in this order: <Rols-Red, Trns-Blue, Hogo-Yellow) or is this just random?

Can we use letters fron color names to give hints. For eg:

"Rols R. Trons Not O." (Rols will believe his color has a letter R in it which means red. and Trons will believe that his color doesnt have an O and since rols has red already Trons concludes he has blue and hogo concludes he has yellow.)

Well sorry I missed the section "gave each one a shirt randomly to wear." Here 's a try:

Generally red and yellow colors depict "hot" and blue depicts cold so the one who gets blue color we can tell him: "<Person Name> got not hot." Now the confusion between yellow and red can be solved by the word shot. Which could signal getting shot and losing blood which is red to indicate red color. So the one who gets red will hear: "<Person Name> got Shot." The third person can conclude the color yellow."

Three identical men named( Rols,Trns, Hogo ),You showed them three identical shirts,but in three different colors(Red, Blue, and Yellow ).Then you blindfold them, and gave each one a shirt randomly to wear.

Now ,you should say only two sentences,using letters taken from their names only, to make each man knowing which color has his shirt...you can repeat any letter.

but you are not allowed to say or mention any color.

Note:They are as clever as you !

Any kind of cheating is forbidden.

I challenge you -_-

If they are as clever as me then anything I come up with will work. And this is what I would do:

First say their names in alphabetical order "Hogo,Rols,Trns". Then I would say their names in alphabetical order of the color of the shirt they are wearing.

For example if Hogo wore Red, Rols wore Yellow and Trns wore Blue; my second sentence would be "Trns, Hogo, Rols".

I would say to the one with the yellow shirt his name followed by ‘son’, naturally, since the pronunciation of ‘ son’ is the same as that of ‘sun’ he would think ‘yellow’

I would say to the one with the yellow shirt his name followed by ‘son’, naturally, since the pronunciation of ‘ son’ is the same as that of ‘sun’ he would think ‘yellow’

I would say to the one with the red shirt his name followed by ‘hot’, naturally since he heard the first answer and hot he would say ‘red’

The last one wearing blue and hearing what was said and the answers would naturally say ‘blue’

Assuming name_1 got red and name_2 got blue, I'll say:

name_1 got hot. name_2 not.

Now, if they are equally clever as I'm then they will associate hot with red and not (coz of first sentence it will mean cold) with blue. The third one automatically gets yellow.

I could also say: name_1 got shot to indicate red (color of blood).

Edited by KlueMaster