BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Cavenglok

Question

Hiya. This is Cavenglok. Some of you may know that Brian Dennis is presently already dealing with the Sabertooths, but I'm starting a simpler, more stereotypical version with Brian Dennis. I will be running both Sabertooth and Axe of Murder. Have fun! :thumbsup: Note: You'll have to do some research for this.

This was in your rookie days, way before you dealt with the Phoenix. You have solved 2 cases so far, neither of which were particularly important. This one has been specially trusted to you by Captain Smith.

When you arrive at the crime scene, (171 Maycomb Avenue, Climax City, Maine) you see a relatively small apartment building. You have a forensics team and a couple armed police officers with you. You go up to the third floor. The staircase is shabby, and smells like old Indian food. You enter apartment 3A.

The first thing that hits you is the smell. It smells like the omelettes you sometimes make in the morning. Burnt and rotten. Ugh.

The next thing you notice is that the place is covered in random pieces of paper pinned to the walls. One of them just has the number 2, another has a picture of a bee, and then the same picture with a stop sign under it.

Then you notice the body. You kneel down to examine. Oliver Cooper. Young man, about 5'9'', age 24, engaged to Eva Ross. His skin is pale and he's on his stomach. There seems to be no outside wounds except one bloody axe is stuck in his back. The handle is about 2 feet long. The cut seems to go a little longer than the blade of the axe would provide. You wonder how this happened. One window is open, and there's a telephone hanging over the edge of the windowsill.

You explore the house more. You make a map. (which I will post in a second) The bedside table has a shelf full of interesting things... like his contact book! There is also a laptop inside his bag. The phone starts ringing and you pick it up. A clearly inhuman voice says,

"Do not chase the man who killed Mr. Cooper. You do not know what you are getting into. Just know my name is the Axe Murderer. But if you must, go find out where the papers may lead to find your next clue."

To start off, some rules. You are Brian Dennis, and you tell me what to do. I just tell you what happens when you do so. You have a pistol, a police badge, a taser, an interrogation room, a forensics team, and well, your handy dandy old notebook to write things down in. You can interview anyone you know, or you can investigate anything. If you need additional help from someone else, you will have to solve a riddle which I will provide.

Sometimes, in interviews, I'll call out WIT. That means you have to think up something to say in order to calm down the opponent. If it fails, then the person will not talk to you anymore. You can call out INSTINCT any time you want, and I'll do 3 steps based on what I would do, but you can only do this once every three days. Here's a new thing: COSTUME. You may dress up as another person and interrogate someone who refuses to talk to you. You will have to solve a riddle and describe your outfit. The riddle will give a hint to what would best work.

Edited by Cavenglok

Sorry guys, high school sucks.

Read first post at least. It'd be helpful to read first page.

So you meet Eva's parents. Her father's name is Max. When you went to their house, you found a suspicious rug.

You do have a lie detector. This new brand is so advanced technologically it only detects lies, not if you're nervous or not. You use it against Max.

Interrogation - Max

You: Are you sure about your shiny new rug here?

Max: What, you take me for a liar?

[NO RESULT]

You: Give me a direct answer,

Max: I got it from a friend.

[NO RESULT]

WIT Get him to give you a direct answer!