BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

There are three people, they are (and will) be born on the same date 12 years and one month apart from eachother. The first of these people will be born later this year. The second persons birth year, when the individual digits are summed eaquals the day of their birth. The average of the third and first persons month of birth of birth squared eaquals the day of their birth. The older the person the later the month. What are the three birthdays?

14 answers to this question

I have some questions about this riddle

If the first person is born in 2011, then the second person will be born in 2022, 2023, or 2024 depending on which month the first person is born. This means the day of the second person's birth is 6, 7, or 8. Since all three were born on the same day that means all three were born on the 6th, 7th or 8th. The average of the first and third persons birth month squared can't equal 6, 7, or 8. The best you can do is 6.25. Is there something wrong with my logic?

There are three people, they are (and will) be born on the same date 12 years and one month apart from eachother. The first of these people will be born later this year. The second persons birth year, when the individual digits are summed eaquals the day of their birth. The average of the third and first persons month of birth of birth squared eaquals the day of their birth. The older the person the later the month. What are the three birthdays?

excuse me but, it shud be "equal to the date of their birth" not "day of their month" and also how is it possible that "the older the person the later the month"??

If the first person is born in 2011, then the second person will be born in 2022, 2023, or 2024 depending on which month the first person is born. This means the day of the second person's birth is 6, 7, or 8. Since all three were born on the same day that means all three were born on the 6th, 7th or 8th. The average of the first and third persons birth month squared can't equal 6, 7, or 8. The best you can do is 6.25. Is there something wrong with my logic?

I had the same issue.

I think your logic is good. (Except the 2nd person could only be born in 2023 or 2024, not 2022.) I thought maybe the OP meant only the last 2 digits of the birth year (i.e. '23 and '24) but that still didn't work out for me.

March 7, 2011

April 7, 2023

May 7, 2035

I think this line should be rephrased: "The average of the third and first persons month of birth of birth squared eaquals the day of their birth."

The first person's month is squared but not the third person's.

Edited by Thalia

The other two were born 12 years prior to 2011

excuse me but, it shud be "equal to the date of their birth" not "day of their month" and also how is it possible that "the older the person the later the month"??

The sum of the individual digits that define their year of birth eaquals the day of their birth. I.e. if someone was born 1876 then, by this logic the day of their birth would be 1+8+7+6 = 22 so they were born on the 22nd day of the month

The older the person the later the month, take two people for instance, person A who was born in 2011 and person B born in 1999. The birth month of the person born in 1999 should appear later in the year than the person born in 2011 (i.e. Person A = feburary Person B = March)

March 7, 2011

April 7, 2023

May 7, 2035

I think this line should be rephrased: "The average of the third and first persons month of birth of birth squared eaquals the day of their birth."

The first person's month is squared but not the third person's.

This isn't the correct answer but your on the right track, just remeber one person was born 2011 and the other two born prior to this not after

This isn't the correct answer but your on the right track, just remeber one person was born 2011 and the other two born prior to this not after

Your original post states that the first person is born this year. That implies that that person will be the oldest one and the others will be born after.

25th april 1987

25th may 1999

25th june 2011

Good job! Solved it

Just one point, remeber that the older the person the later the month, so swap the birthmonths for 1987 and 2011 and its perfect

The two bolded sections contradict each other making this one impossible. For the first part to be true, the last part would need to be the younger the person the later the month. Your answer has a difference of 11 years and 11 months.

The two bolded sections contradict each other making this one impossible. For the first part to be true, the last part would need to be the younger the person the later the month. Your answer has a difference of 11 years and 11 months.

True, sorry about that, still someone found the answer - check out item 6 in the posting rules