BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

I am 10, and sometimes I can be 1. I sit and I stand, but how I sit is unproportional to how I stand. Not many people can use me, for I am foreign to some. Sometimes I can fly, sometimes I can walk, but one thing for sure, I can’t swim. If you look at me from head on you might think that I would be a “cool-cat” but at second glance you might think that I can do all sorts of things, I can transform and form something completely different.

No hints until no one guesses it after a while. But lets hope this isn’t guessed in one try.

14 answers to this question

I am 10, and sometimes I can be 1. I sit and I stand, but how I sit is unproportional to how I stand. Not many people can use me, for I am foreign to some. Sometimes I can fly, sometimes I can walk, but one thing for sure, I can’t swim. If you look at me from head on you might think that I would be a “cool-cat” but at second glance you might think that I can do all sorts of things, I can transform and form something completely different.

No hints until no one guesses it after a while. But lets hope this isn’t guessed in one try.

The letter X is 10 and sometimes can be 1 (when it's marked on a ballot, for instance), but the rest of the clues have me baffled.

Capt. Fussbudget

some descriptions my fit the answer, but some seems to be a little stretch to imagine. hope an explanation will follow soon....

Ok explanation time:

Its 10 because it’s the 10th letter in the alphabet and it’s also sometimes one because upside down it looks like a backwards one (a dyslexic person). The J has a big line when written the actual way and its bigger than the line on the bottom so its unproportional. Not many people use the letter J (if you can tell its not in that riddle at all). A Blue-JAY can fly, a man named Jay can walk, but there are no fish called Jay. Cool-cat was just some random bull poop to throw you off, that’s why its in “”. It can do all sorts of things because it can be any letter if you rearrange the lines, it can be a K, L, I, etc. Is that a good enough explanation.