BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

1. Irregular Speed

3. Drill right to the second

"Lock Out. Tag Out." - It's the phrase used in industry to promote safely locking or tagging equipment in the off-position or without power so you can work on it without someone accidentially turning it on.

What is "lock out, tag out?" I've never heard that phrase in my life. It has to be lock-box.

My guesses...

1) Variable Speed

2) Eyes on Safety

3) Right To Drill seems like the closest thing; but I would think that would be "2Drill" on the right side of the box instead of "Drill Squared."

4) Life begins at (or after) forty

5) lock-box

What is "lock out, tag out?" I've never heard that phrase in my life. It has to be lock-box.

My guesses...

1) Variable Speed

2) Eyes on Safety

3) Right To Drill seems like the closest thing; but I would think that would be "2Drill" on the right side of the box instead of "Drill Squared."

4) Life begins at (or after) forty

5) lock-box

"Lock out, Tag Out" is very popular on military aircraft when maintenance is being done. I'm sure it is used in other industries as well. It means a collar is put on the circuit breaker so someone doesn't close it while electrical work is being done on a system.

"Lock out, Tag Out" is very popular on military aircraft when maintenance is being done. I'm sure it is used in other industries as well. It means a collar is put on the circuit breaker so someone doesn't close it while electrical work is being done on a system.

Thanks. I embarrassingly fell victim to the "If I haven't heard of it, it doesn't exist."

A quick Google search confirms that it must be "lock out, tag out": http://www.futuretekinc.com/images/uploads/products/715_thumb.jpg