BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Sigh... It's been almost ten years since the first Advance Wars was released. Time to release some ideas.

Baddies: (Orange Star) Has BTSC. Win if in majority.

Andy: The unofficial leader of their grouop who's traveling through the other countries while kicking a** and taking names.

Can PM the host to send one message per night from the baddies.

Max: Blocks one player per night.

Sami: Vote can count as 0x, 1x, or 2x.

Secret ability: ?

Goodies: Win if all baddies and indy are dead.

Olaf: Master of snow. Uses his power to bring a blizzard down and completely prevent people from doing their action.

Grit: Good at gathering intel. Uses his power to spy an action from a player.

Kanbei: A moron, but excels in both offense and defense. Has a kill on prime nights (2,3,5,7,11). Takes 2 hits to kill him at night. Can still be killed by lynch. Has BTSC with Drake.

Sonja: Even better at gaining intelligence and retaining it. Spies a role from a player.

Eagle: Kills on even nights. Saves on odd nights. Can use both abilities in the same turn. However, the baddies have a 30% chance of getting his identity.

Drake: No idea. At first, I thought he was going to send a 15-character message to someone. Has BTSC with Kanbei.

Clone Andy: Created by the indy to orchastrate the conflict, but went haywire and now is helping the goodies. Has one save per night. Can't save same person twice in a row. Can only save self once.

Independent: WINCON: ?

?????: He's the mastermind between the whole conflict. No one knows who he is, but he's skilled and has a plethora of abilities to use.

Each night I roll a die.

1: Save self.

2: Spy action.

3: Spy role.

4: Redirect target (night)

5: Redirect vote (day)

6: Any of the above.

Blocks have top priority.

There will be as little killing as possible. So if Person A targets Person B and Person B targets Person C, only B will die.

In tied vote, a coin is flipped.

Please submit ideas and improvements in this thread please.

6 answers to this question

Hi Filly, thank you for doing this.

I like the balance in numbers, but I have a good few questions at first glance

1. Do the Baddies have a Night Kill?

2. Where does Andy's message end up? Is it posted in the Night Post, or is it sent to another person?

3. Does Olaf block EVERYBODY? Or is it just a block of one person?

4. 2 goodie kills AND 2 goodie saves? You might want to make the Eagle role more unique.

5. For Drake...maybe give him the ability to discover the identity of dead people, or give him the ability to take on the role of any dead player or something...

That's all for now

1. Yes, the Baddies do have a night kill.

2. It's in the Night post.

3. Olaf blocks one person per night.

Changes:

Eagle: Traps one person for the night and next day. Trapped person can't post, use their ability, or be voted for. 50% chance that Eagle will find out identity after release. Can use it twice in same night to trap two people. 40% chance for baddies to find out identity.

Secret Ability: ?

Drake: Discovers role of dead player. Has BTSC with Kanbei

Oh, no waaaaaay. I used to play this on my GameBoy! I never beat the final level... (because I was like 7, and it was harrrddd haha). I really need to go back and do this.. Today.. Omg. Thank you for the reminder, several years later. :D

That is all.