BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

14 answers to this question

LOL UNfire...

But no none of the answers are correct, jippiidan's second guess is kiiinda close, here's another hint:

In pairs on Earth

In threes in the Heavens

Edited by Anza Power

AmaHanaKo got it!

Oxygen

I am Fire - fire as we know it is a reaction between O2 and a reduced material...

I am Water - H2O

In pairs on Earth - Normal air Oxygen we breath is O2

In threes in the Heavens - The Ozone is O3

I always take - Oxygen almost always acts as an oxidizer (oxidizer, duh), as in it always takes electrons...

And give I never bother - There's no normal element that can oxidize Oxygen in normal conditions...

Retrieving from me is hard - It is hard to take back the electrons that it takes...

And from only one other it is harder - Only the element Florine (F2) is a more powerful oxidizer...

Hope this wasn't too geeky, I know it could be frustrating to people who don't know all of this when you find out that the answer is in a subject you aren't into...

Edited by Anza Power

AmaHanaKo got it!

Oxygen

I am Fire - fire as we know it is a reaction between O2 and a reduced material...

I am Water - H2O

In pairs on Earth - Normal air Oxygen we breath is O2

In threes in the Heavens - The Ozone is O3

I always take - Oxygen almost always acts as an oxidizer (oxidizer, duh), as in it always takes electrons...

And give I never bother - There's no normal element that can oxidize Oxygen in normal conditions...

Retrieving from me is hard - It is hard to take back the electrons that it takes...

And from only one other it is harder - Only the element Florine (F2) is a more powerful oxidizer...

Hope this wasn't too geeky, I know it could be frustrating to people who don't know all of this when you find out that the answer is in a subject you aren't into...

Not too geeky! I love that it gets me thinking! Especially love the "in pairs on earth/in threes in he heavens" hint bit! Thanks for a fun riddle! :thumbsup:

I agree with AmaHanaKo, it must be oxygen. "In pairs on Earth In threes in the Heavens " as in oxygen gas O2 and ozone O3. "Retrieving from me is hard And from only one other it is harder" oxygen is the second most electronegative element, so it's hard to take an electron out of it

oops should have refreshed before posting, he answered it already.

Edited by archlordbr