Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

25 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Outside at night, the gang member lowers his helmet visor and eyes the prize within the house; he can see it. If he can get it, his fortune is assured, his fellow gang-members will respect him, and he can get the custom Harly Davidson he wants so badly. So carefully and quietly he creeps closer, ever cautious that his movements go undetected by the guard protecting it, yet in reality his surreptitious movements are being closely monitored and recorded by camaras. If he knows, he doesn’t care. Then suddenly, unexpectedly, a delivery boy brings a hot order for the hungry guard. Seeing this turn of events, one of the tenants in the house quickly intercepts the order by brandishing a stick, leaving nothing for the guard. He hurls the stick toward the guard and then distracts both he and the delivery boy by running from his home, screaming and arms waving everywhere. Without question, he and the thief are in cahoots, both members of the same gang. The thief takes the opportunity presented by his friend by rushing for the prize. He attacks the distracted guard in the house and knocks him on his back. He lays his hands on the prize. Eureeka! But wait! He cannot lift it; it doesn't move! The angry guard is scrambling to get up, though with difficulty because of his body armor. Not wishing to tangle with the assaulted guard, and satisfied in this accomplishment alone, the thief dashes away toward the nearest ditch, his escape ensured.

What was the prize?

Posted (edited) · Report post

good one! I'm not sure.

King Arthur's sword?

Edited by Psych

Posted · Report post

I wonder if the guard is a dog. The armor; his chain. The tenant; a child. Am I close or miles off?

Posted · Report post

I wonder if the guard is a dog. The armor; his chain. The tenant; a child. Am I close or miles off?

You're in the next county :D

Interesting approach though.

Posted · Report post

i am not sure about this but to me it looks like

THE HARLEY DAVIDSON BIKE

Posted · Report post

I still think the guard isn't human.

Posted · Report post

Okay... this is my answer. The prize is:

The fountain of youth.

Posted · Report post

I still think the guard isn't human.

All characters are human. Harley davidson is actual item but irrelavent.

uhh possibly some important information? such as social security number???

Edited by flamedudex

Posted · Report post

He was dared by his comrads that he couldn't make it to the item with a pool enough for the bike. So getting the item was irrelevant the prize was the wager

Posted · Report post

I regret the biker part. Only meant to distract. Here's a re-write that is much better:

Outside at night, the thief lowers his helmet visor and eyes the prize within the house; he can see it. If he can reach it, his fellow gang members will embrace him. Carefully and quietly he creeps closer, ever cautious that his approach goes undetected by the guard protecting it. His surreptitious movements are being closely monitored and recorded by cameras. He knows but doesn’t care. Then suddenly, a delivery boy brings a hot order for the hungry guard. Seeing this, one of the tenants nearby quickly brandishes a stick and knocks the order to the ground before the Guard takes it. Without question, he and the thief are in cahoots. The second gang member then chucks the stick toward the guard and runs madly from his home; screaming and arms waving everywhere. The thief takes this opportunity by rushing for the prize. The guard, having picked up his order, sees the thief and runs to intercept him. The thief attacks the guard now standing in the way and knocks him on his back, as the guard’s order spills worthlessly on the ground. The thief then lays his eager hands on the prize. But wait! It doesn’t move! He cannot lift it from its place! The angry guard scrambles to get up, hampered by his body armor. But satisfied in this accomplishment alone, and not wanting to face the wrath of the guard, the thief dashes away toward the nearest ditch, his escape ensured.

What was the prize?

Posted · Report post

I believe that the prize is laying under the guard making it very hard to grab the prize. The prize is not specified as being the Harley Davidson because the prize is "within the house." It is hard to believe the customized bike is just laying inside the house with a guard protecting it from the inside. From there I am completely lost.

Posted · Report post

I believe that the prize is laying under the guard making it very hard to grab the prize. The prize is not specified as being the Harley Davidson because the prize is "within the house." It is hard to believe the customized bike is just laying inside the house with a guard protecting it from the inside. From there I am completely lost.

Read the re-write. Ignore the biker stuff.

this one is a combination of metaphors, synonyms, allusions, and actual terms.

Posted · Report post

A football team

Guard- quarterback on the other team

Delivery boy- the center on the other team

screaming and arms waving- the crowd cheering

thief- player on team

prize- end zones/touchdown

Posted · Report post

A football team

Guard- quarterback on the other team

Delivery boy- the center on the other team

screaming and arms waving- the crowd cheering

thief- player on team

prize- end zones/touchdown

re-think that line and get back to me.

;)

Posted · Report post

Maybe they're playing paintball. More specifically, capture the flag?

In which case the prize is the flag...

<_<

rescuing his friend from a castle prison cell.prize is to unlock the cell door.jump in a moat and escape..

Edited by mrfischer

Posted · Report post

Oh brother. It's a sports thing?!?!?! I think I wasted my time.

Posted · Report post

Man i am lost... :unsure::blink:

Is there a hint in the story itself that I am overlooking?

Outside at night, the thief (RUNNER) lowers his helmet visor and eyes the prize within the house (STADIUM); he can see it. If he can reach it, his fellow gang (TEAM) members will embrace him. Carefully and quietly he creeps closer (LEADS OFF), ever cautious that his approach goes undetected by the guard (CATCHER) protecting it. His surreptitious movements are being closely monitored and recorded by (MEDIA) cameras. He knows but doesn't care (MUST BE PRO). Then suddenly, a delivery boy (PITCHER) brings a hot order (PITCH - HOT MAY MEAN FAST BALL) for the hungry guard. Seeing this, one of the tenants (TEAMMATES) nearby quickly brandishes (SWINGS) a stick (BAT) and knocks (BUNTS) the order to the ground before the Guard takes it. Without question, he and the thief are in cahoots. The second gang member then chucks the stick (BAT) toward the guard (CATCHER) and runs madly from his home (PLATE); screaming and arms waving everywhere (REALLY?). The thief takes this opportunity by rushing for the prize (RUNS TOWARD HOME PLATE). The guard (CATCHER), having picked up his order (BASEBALL), sees the thief and runs to intercept him. The thief (RUNNER) attacks the guard now standing in the way (GUARDING THE PLATE) and knocks him on his back, as the guard's order (BASEBALL) spills worthlessly on the ground. The thief then lays his eager hands on the prize. But wait! It doesn't move! He cannot lift it from its place! The angry guard scrambles to get up, hampered by his body armor (CATCHER PADDING). But satisfied in this accomplishment alone, and not wanting to face the wrath of the guard, the thief dashes away toward the nearest ditch (DUGOUT), his escape ensured.

I THOUGHT THE PRIZE WAS A RUN, BUT BECAUSE THE THIEF PUTS HIS HANDS ON THE PRIZE, IT IS HOME PLATE.

Edited by importmonkey

Posted · Report post

baseball game. home run is the prize

Posted · Report post

Another nice one Shakee. I liked the first draft better, but I'm fond of red herrings.

the first time I read this one, it immediately brought to mind images from the movie "The Sandlot". I guess I was in the wrong ballpark. (pardon the pun)

Posted · Report post

baseball game. home run is the prize

Good call fischer. Thanks Grayven.

Posted · Report post

Good call fischer. Thanks Grayven.

Oops, Actually, Fischer gets it wrong.

Prize is home plate taken from third after a bunt (or hit)

Posted · Report post

couldnt it be a new motorcycle

of harley davidson

huge comfy two-seater for his girlfriend to sit too?