BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

For those of us living in the United States, we read from left to right and from top to bottom. However, there is one common instance where we read from bottom to top. That’s right, the bottom line is read first, then the line above it, then the line above that, etc. Many of us do it on a daily basis. Can you tell the RiddleDude what this one common instance is, or where it can be found?

17 answers to this question

this ones had me thinking hard. but here goes

the daily basis thing thru me, but i suppose many ppl cud do many things on a daily basis.i think the answer could be knitting. or rather when u read a pattern for knitting a jumper etc im sure you read from bottom to top. is this the answer?

I think its the email list. Your email arrives and is piled on top of the others. The older emails will be push to the lower portion. Since I want to read my oldest mails first, therefore I went to the bottom and read up.

For those of us living in the United States, we read from left to right and from top to bottom. However, there is one common instance where we read from bottom to top. That’s right, the bottom line is read first, then the line above it, then the line above that, etc. Many of us do it on a daily basis. Can you tell the RiddleDude what this one common instance is, or where it can be found?

AN ENVELOPE.

POSTMAN FIRST READS THE COUNTRY,

THEN CITY AND PINCODE,

THEN STREET AND LOCALITY NAME,

THEN DOOR NO. AND

THEN THE NAME

AND THEN POSTS IT TO CORRECT PERSON.

THIS IS WRITTEN ON AN ENVELOPE IN REVERSE ORDER AS IN

FIRST LINE NAME, DOOR NO., STREET AND LOCALITY NAME, CITY AND PINCODE, AND AT LAST COUNTRY

Edited by parik

ok something that we read on a daily basis from bottom to top..

a mesuring cup for food or exc. or a gas gage..?..?

SOLVED

The places where you're apt to see one line of text and the next line of text written above it are when instructions are written on the road, like, "No left turn or Pedestrian Crossing.”

Lots of great answers and ideas, though. Great job everybody!!!