BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Washing dishes can get you hurt,

But in my presence, the blood won't squirt.

In went the hand to the sink full of suds.

Out it came, covered in blood.

Never a dull moment when I am here.

Two words you'll find, when the answer is clear.

• Answers 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I really dont agree with this fitting the riddle. It seems you had the answer first then made the riddle to fit, and it really doesnt fit, just my opinion. A clean cut wouldnt be covered in blood

I think the water would make the blood come out (and I've had some clean cuts that bled pretty bad) But a clean cut would explain why the blood wouldn't squirt. All in all, another good lotus riddle. ~sigh~ Too few of those lately. We miss you!

Edited by deannaart

I think the water would make the blood come out (and I've had some clean cuts that bled pretty bad) But a clean cut would explain why the blood wouldn't squirt. All in all, another good lotus riddle. ~sigh~ Too few of those lately. We miss you!

I understand your disappointment in the answer, and I'm sorry. My reasoning was to have dual meaning to "clean." So, in one case as we know a clean cut "the blood doesn't squirt" and in another case, (showing that the riddler was cut) i used covered in blood, but the clean there is because the water was soapy. I'm sorry. And also, who comes up with a topic after they write the riddle? That doesn't make sense. The topic is the whole point, so a riddle can't fit unless you first know the answer. Just a thought and opinion. I'll be working on another soon, guys, I promise.

My oppologies. I suppose every riddle can't be perfect.

seems like a good fit to me, you have the clean cut reference, and also when you clean a bad cut, sometimes it bleeds worse than before just because you are breaking clots loose or whatever, so it would come out of the water bloodier than before....at least thats my take on it

nice one lotus, and good solve imagk :thumbsup:

Lotus,

Didnt mean to offend. When I sign on to brain den you are the one i look for the most I love ur riddles. When you are not here I miss your riddles. Maybe I was frustrated not getting the answer to this good luck.