Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Bulbs

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
257 replies to this topic

#31 Morgue.Delivery

Morgue.Delivery

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 02:48 PM

First, you turn on two switches and leave them on for about a minute. Now turn one off and go in the other room. One light will still be on and two will be off. Of the two that are off, one will be hot and the other will not. There you go.

#32 axmillia

axmillia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 06:17 PM

Assuming the bulbs are those where we can control the intensity we can easily identify which switch is for buld. Just rotate the switch to dim, middle and high point and go to the room. The buld which is brightest belongs to high point switch.

Light switch.

ok, are these switches in my kitchen? because I have at least one switch that I really think the previous owners put there as a cruel joke. maybe they wired to a light at their new place that illuminates the word "SUCKER" every time I flip it.

Or maybe it controls your neighbor three doors down's garage door.(In case you don't get it Nationwide commercial)

#33 pop@exterus.com

pop@exterus.com

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 10:39 PM

Turn on one switch and wait 5 minutes. Then turn that one off, turn a second switch on and go into the other room. The hot (but off) light is switch one, the light that's on is switch two, and the remaining is switch three.

#34 teriincali

teriincali

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 11:49 PM

I'd go into the room with the lamps once to pick them up and put them in the room with the switches. Then I'd plug them in and test the switches.

#35 templar

templar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 04:11 AM

for this problem

i think i will switch on 2 and wait a little bit .. after that i will switch off the second one and keep the first one on ..

so when you go inside the room you ll see 1 light on . at that time you ll have to touch the 2 other bulbs .
the warm bulb will indicate you which one belong to the second switch ..
1 one bulb is turn on
2 one bulb is turn off cold
3 one bulb is turn off but warm .
it is easy now to figure out which one is which ...

#36 splinterbondourm

splinterbondourm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 11:38 PM

I think the way is:
-1st turn on two switches,
-2nd turn off just one of the switches you turned on before,
-3rd you go to the other room and check the bulb that is on, then you know which switch is linked to it
-4th you touch the remaining bulbs. The one that is warm is linked to the switch you turned off before and the one that is cold is linked to the switch you never touched.

#37 brain_bashed25

brain_bashed25

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 12:55 AM

Unplug all 3 bulbs bring them into the room with the swithces plug them in and see what it does

#38 puppetlord

puppetlord

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 03:31 PM

DUH

you turn on the first bulb then wait about an hour before you turn on the second. Then you go into the room and wait till one burns out (thats the first) then there will be one on (second) and the third you didn't turn on

#39 max202

max202

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 06:47 AM

some of thos ideas r good but not everyone can do that i got a way even a 4 year old can do without burning your hand.
y pick one swithc and turn it on and off, on and off and make sure u listen carfully cus when the blubs fuse blows u can hear it then u switch one on and u walk in and see. simply actuly now that i think of it mabe only a 4 year old would think of this cuz adult dont like to break things

#40 shivanand

shivanand

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 09:06 AM

solution: Since he has said bulbs
no ques should arise.

1st turn on one of the switch for 5 min.

next turn off that switch. turn the next switch on.
go to the other room seee which bulb is on now you can map the bulbs and switches. the bulb which was on will be hot you can get which switch it belongs to....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users