Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

The Man in the Elevator

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
163 replies to this topic

#21 sweetie

sweetie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 07:54 AM

yeah heard a loadsa times...jus cos tat guy is a PIGMY!!while he goes down he has jus tp press t zero button in t elevator tat is at t bottom of all t buttons..but while cumin bk if he s all alone he cant press tat tenth floor button..its at a greater height than his..on rainy day he has an umbrella to do tat n wen other ppl r wit 'm in t elevator they help tis li'l fella....

#22 Garrek99

Garrek99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 12:43 AM

Well, I don't know what the laws are like abroad, or if they're even the same all over the US, but a person who is handicapped (and a dwarf/midget would certainly classify as such) wouldn't be stupid enough to live in a building that doesn't conform to the laws regarding the special needs of the handicapped. For example, all elevators have the buttons labeled with braille for the blind, and by law they have to have ramps to accommodate those in wheelchairs. One of the "little people" would most certainly have arranged with the building manager/owner to have either a stool permanently placed in the elevator or have the panel with the buttons lowered and placed within reach. I grew up with a friend who was confined to a wheelchair back in the 70s and she ran into this kind of problem everywhere. Everything has to be handicapped accessible nowadays. Although I have always wondered why they have braille drive-thru tellers. haha Just a joke.

Good logic puzzle, nonetheless.

I see what you are trying to say but I don't think that anyone can make a manager of a building install a permanent stool at the base of the buttons because that could be a hazard for the non-handicapped peops. In the case of the short persons I think that they are screwed as far as getting help in the elevators. I do sincerely believe that they should start carrying pens or pencils or dild*** with them for this specific purpose. HeHe

#23 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 10:06 PM

ha ha. I love that one -- Fantastic!

#24 catdogman

catdogman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 10:26 PM

Any reason why he can't use an umbrella on days it does not rain?? I know it is not fashionable... but he is a midget, he wont be attracting too many movie stars anyway..

#25 Nytetears

Nytetears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 02:24 AM

He is a midget. When he has an umbrella he can press the button for his floor or if someone is on the elevator they can press it for him. Other wise he can only reach the button for the floor 3 below his.

#26 skreeminr

skreeminr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 10:29 PM

What didnt make sense to me is that he could only go to the 7th floor. With that in mind, elevator buttons are usually in even rows so why the 7th floor and not the 6th or higher?? Anyone? I think I have a pretty valid point....

#27 The Gray Fox

The Gray Fox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 03:38 PM

Maybe the buttons are on multiple rows? so then 1-5 are equally as high as 6-10 so then there would be no problem.

#28 Chiddiq

Chiddiq

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 05:52 PM

Well your hint of rainy day causes this answer:
Mostly, the man may be short and he could not press the keys above than for 7th floor.
In a rainy day, he can have an umbrella, which will be useful to press any key.

#29 Kikoia3230

Kikoia3230

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 08:21 PM

I knew the answer without even looking at it so don't ascuse me of anything! When it's not raining he can on reach up to the button that says 7th floor, but on rainy days, HE CAN USE HIS UMBERELLA TO PRESS THE 10TH FLOOR BUTTON!

#30 roxsox

roxsox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 10:31 PM

I am sorry but lateral thinking puzzles should be based on some practical reality.

There is not a single midget in existence that wouldn't start carrying a freakin' pencil with him so that he can press that freakin' elevator button. That is BIG BS. I apologize for being rude. I am mostly just playing around, although, I belive that the point is valid.

lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users