Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

The Man in the Elevator

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
163 replies to this topic

#131 hangman94

hangman94

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 01:16 AM

My first idea was that he was small or too short to reach the button but he can jump and hit the tenth floor button :)

#132 Soothsayer

Soothsayer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 04:41 AM

hes an insane midget who either likes the exercise or isn't smart enough to carry a device to press the higher buttons. My first thought was a secret lover on the 7th floor. and he didn't want to be seen taking the elevator or something.. and if someone else was in the elevator he didn't want to stop at the 7th or w/e.. i dunno this seems a little strange but i kinda like the answer.. it's just not that practical.. I'm gonna have to look up this lateral and canonical stuff..

#133 jyo_cool

jyo_cool

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 10:42 AM

my first thought was he's dwarf... :D :D :D

#134 karlhite

karlhite

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 04:39 PM

Dude, he just needs a special dialing wand. He can obtain one by mashing his hand against the keypad on any touch tone phone.

#135 CowzRock

CowzRock

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 07:53 PM

My teacher told me this last year. isn't it cause he's a midget?

LOVE,
CowzRock :P

#136 thegirlyouneverknew

thegirlyouneverknew

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 09:05 PM

He's a migit, duh.

#137 sbuendia

sbuendia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 04:04 PM

What if the sceond person in the elevator is also a midget? None of them could reach the 10th floor button.

#138 logic seeker

logic seeker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 01:09 PM

very simple hes a midget and when it rains he has a umprella so he able to reach the buttons

#139 Jack Shyte

Jack Shyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 04:01 AM

"He can also push them with his umbrella."

Then why can't he go to his floor directly when no one else is in the elevator.

Bit silly having that as part of the answer.

#140 Drydung

Drydung

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 11:18 AM

Hmmm! Sounds very difficult. I never knew that elevators are so complicated things to ride. You have to be very careful. It all depends on, the way you are moving - up or down, your height, height of all the other people inside the elevator, the ordering of the allocation of the button numbers, availability of a pencil to any one of the persons inside the elevator (by the way, for some reason I am having this uncanny feeling that 'availability of a pen' can also influence the situation), the length of that pencil, the weather condition, whether you use an umbrella or a raincoat, your expectation about the weather of the day, etc. etc. etc....all these collectively determine the displacement of the elevator...and all these years I was thinking human beings are intelligent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users