BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

What is your IQ?

• 2 weeks later...

Why don't these little online quizzes ever score lower than reality? Eh, who cares. I'll go about my day happily believing I have an IQ of 156. How do I know? The internet told me!

• 3 weeks later...

i lied about my age and said i was twice as old as i was and on my first try i got about 150. thats what most of them say, they make you think you're smarter than you really are. Almost nobody in the world is that smart. In fact, Einstien's IQ was predicted to be 160.

ps. the average iq for anybody, any age whatever, is exactly 100. your age is usually considered when you take iq tests because younger kids are going to answer less questions right than older adults, even if not by as much as you think.

pps i always get lower scores on iq tests than my iq really is because all the questions you have to figure out too much i skip. (i have a low attention span add well adhd)

I got 148 which im pretty proud of.

Guessed at number sequence ones coz i could not be bothered to work them out!

all those ads at the end where a bit annoying tho <_<

I took an online IQ test some years ago, and I think I got 146.

I did a Print Screen and edited the image; I changed 146 to... 64.

I then printed and posted the image on my wall.

If you lower other people's expectations, it's easier to then surprise them... :D

Almost nobody in the world is that smart. In fact, Einstien's IQ was predicted to be 160.

I got my IQ tested by mensa which most people would accept as correct and it was 156, and they told me only 1% of the population shares this score.

which when you think about the size of the population it isnt really "almost nobody"

I got my IQ tested by mensa which most people would accept as correct and it was 156, and they told me only 1% of the population shares this score.

which when you think about the size of the population it isnt really "almost nobody"

Mensa's weird. I took their entrance and I was "in the 99.9+%" and I am fairly sure I am not in the smartest 0.1% of the people I know or the population in general. Either that, or IQ measures absolutely zilch beyond a certain level which I would certainly agree with after going to the Mensa AGM where I met some wonderful people!

Cheers!

--

Vig

actually, the 1% was like, people with higher iq than 135,140 or so.I know this: only 2.2% of the population have iq of 130 or higher, and 160 is off the charts. Literally.(unless you count it as the +, which it is, but so much higher......)

anyway, yes my mistake, even if it was .00001 percent of people, that would still be 600 people in the world.

compared to 6 billion people though, anything less than a million in my opinion is very very low. Infact, its about what 1,000,000/6,000,000,000=.00016667*100=.0167%

check me, i always get zeros mixed up and my calculator doesnt work, which isnt very good when you suck at division.

although even so i guess youre right. thats not almost nobody but i was just saying that for emphasis

Edited by acescards

oh, and mensa is an ego thing. it costs to take an actual test to get into mensa (not an online one, something different. Im sure they monitor it or something so you cant cheat)

the online thing is supposed to be an estimate of whether you could get in or not. they eggagerate so youll want to take the real test because you think you could actually make it, and they end up with your money.

this is directed to king of pain and georgie

• Downvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

This is such a silly and completely inaccurate test. That is, unless my IQ has increased exponetially since High School. I scored around 140 then, and this test is scoring me in the mid 150's. Sorry, but I'm pretty certain that being a stay-at-home mom has sucked a good portion of my brain right out, never to be seen again. :(

What you said about Mensa can be said about any club (most of which are much more expensive). Mensa is neither as highly selective as people make it out to be nor is it as snobbish as others think (almost all Mensans understand that IQ has no practical importance).

And guess what, it's much better than giving money to a religious organization!

Edit: I took the actual (proctored) test from where I cited my 99.9+% result and became a member before I had access to the internet. The online test cannot really exaggerate your score since your IQ scores mean nothing at all. In my case, I didn't do as well online as I did on the pencil and paper test which was 3 hours long. All these tests do is to put you in a rough ballpark. There's no reason to badmouth an organization that selects it's members based on a written test. There are far more selective clubs.

Cheers!

--

Vig

Edited by kingofpain

I attempted to take the test, and I feel that I did very well on it. Unfortunately, I didn't get my score, because I had to give a lot of personal information in order to get it, including my name, phone number, address, and social security number (well, maybe I'm exaggerating on that last one, but still!) <_< :angry: Now, what could they possibly want with all of that personal information?.... *cough cospamugh cough*

• Upvote 1

Does anybody actually know how people figure out your IQ. I know it means Intelligence Quotient, and quotient means 'answer to a division problem. If that's true, does it mean you divide something with something else to get your IQ??!

This is such a silly and completely inaccurate test. That is, unless my IQ has increased exponetially since High School. I scored around 140 then, and this test is scoring me in the mid 150's. Sorry, but I'm pretty certain that being a stay-at-home mom has sucked a good portion of my brain right out, never to be seen again. :(

I don't know about that. In High School, we were measured on how well we could absorb and memorize information. In the real world, we are measured by how well we can think! It takes a lot of thinking, synergism, extrapolation, strategy, creativity, and generally thinking outside the box to be a stay-at-home mom! Hats off to you!!!

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I got caught in a circle, had to cancel all to get out. It was a waste of time for me. :huh:

Seriously someone should have stated in the opening post that you would have to fill out 50 different offers. FYI, it's a gimmick. I randomly answered all questions and my IQ is a 159? I doubt that :\

• Downvote 1

I got 141 which is good seeing as I'm only in Grade 9 :P I have to agree though, I don't like the way mensa is considered this "amazing club". Although I wouldn't say they're all snobbish, my history teacher was in mensa, he's one of the nicest teachers I know (unless he gives you math questions).

~Kat

• 2 weeks later...
Does anybody actually know how people figure out your IQ. I know it means Intelligence Quotient, and quotient means 'answer to a division problem. If that's true, does it mean you divide something with something else to get your IQ??!

It is assumed that test scores follow a normal distribution. The mean score is assigned to an IQ of 100. Each 15 points represents 1 standard deviation from the mean.

Ok I'm not taking it cause I don't wanna fill out all the gimmicks but I do want to say that people that are considered geniuses have an IQ higher than either 145 or 160 (I can't remember if they changed it or not).

Kat it doesn't matter what grade you're in you're IQ is said to stay the same your whole life. But I don't see how that's possible...:unsure: