BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

itachi-san

Question

Your second guess is correct B))

I would have to say that my initial guess of coat hanger fits just as well as gum does. It is just as useful as gum is if thrown out, I would argue even more so. It withstands severe abuse while being made, used and bent into other shapes for the next 2 lines. It is used to break into cars to steal things, and you can use it to retrieve things lost where you could not reach.

LOL, I really do find it funny how you pick apart other posters riddles for having multiple answers, then deny that yours do. You always say that one line is meant to be literal, while another is a stretch, yet you don't tell us that in the riddle. For every reason you have for gum to be the answer, a coat hanger fits just as well. Just like in a few of your other riddles, there were a few answers that fit just as well, but because it wasn't what you had in mind it's wrong. If you don't want multiple answers to fit, make your riddles more air tight.

LOL, I really do find it funny how you pick apart other posters riddles for having multiple answers, then deny that yours do. You always say that one line is meant to be literal, while another is a stretch, yet you don't tell us that in the riddle. For every reason you have for gum to be the answer, a coat hanger fits just as well. Just like in a few of your other riddles, there were a few answers that fit just as well, but because it wasn't what you had in mind it's wrong. If you don't want multiple answers to fit, make your riddles more air tight.

I always acknowledge other answers. I don't think coat hanger fits this riddle very well. Who throws out a functional coat hanger? And saying 'throw out a coat hanger' must be said 1/1,000,000th of the time as much as 'throw out your gum'. Look at my previous topics and give me examples of where I shot down other answers that worked as well as my answer before you run your mouth. I know I can give you a few posts where I acknowledged other answers to be correct. (For example 'the sun' answer for 'the siren' riddle). And lastly, I said you can think of this as correct if you want because I'm sure somewhere, someone has thrown out a coat hanger, but it most certainly is not a common thing to do.

When thrown out, I am still of use - neither gum or coat hangers work here for me

I withstand severe abuse - gum more than coat hangers here

I may be the culprit if important items are taken - how? and how? neither fit for me

Though I may retrieve others which you have forsaken - ditto

Not to put the cat among the pigeons, and I don't want to take the flak, neither am I the mediator or judge and certainly not a moderator ..

But - not getting the gum/coathanger all the way through on this

I would say a cat works for all four better or purr-fectly! Thrown out at random but still a friend, takes verbal abuse constantly, makes off with a bit of grub now and again and brings in a mouse or two too.

Vote cat, but don't lets fight like one!

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." - Robert Heinlein

"coat-hanger and gum have intrinsic value but lack joie de vivreand real importance" - LIS (Phil O'Sophy)

When thrown out, I am still of use - neither gum or coat hangers work here for me

I withstand severe abuse - gum more than coat hangers here

I may be the culprit if important items are taken - how? and how? neither fit for me

Though I may retrieve others which you have forsaken - ditto

Just to throw my reasoning out there (many answers can fit, everyones happy, my answer is gum)

When thrown out, I am still of use - when gum is thrown away it is still just as useful, only flavorless usually

I withstand severe abuse - should be self-explanatory, chewed like crazy and for long periods of time is pretty severe

I may be the culprit if important items are taken - sweet 16, chewing most gum can lead to dental problems (teeth removed) - usually from the Bubblicious or Big League Chew addicts

Though I may retrieve others which you have forsaken - if you drop something in a tight spot, you can use gum as an adhesive at the end of a stick to get it back.

And for the hint - you almost always find gum at a baseball game now that tobacco is minimally used

Just to throw my reasoning out there (many answers can fit, everyones happy, my answer is gum)

When thrown out, I am still of use - when gum is thrown away it is still just as useful, only flavorless usually

I withstand severe abuse - should be self-explanatory, chewed like crazy and for long periods of time is pretty severe

I may be the culprit if important items are taken - sweet 16, chewing most gum can lead to dental problems (teeth removed) - usually from the Bubblicious or Big League Chew addicts

Though I may retrieve others which you have forsaken - if you drop something in a tight spot, you can use gum as an adhesive at the end of a stick to get it back.

And for the hint - you almost always find gum at a baseball game now that tobacco is minimally used

Line 1 - thrown out - then used .. not sure if you mean put back into mouth, so not thrown out but more of temporarily suspended from use.

line 2 no prob

line 3 funny that a dentist deliberately invented a sugary gum and it's one of my fLavorite bits of trivia, banned completely in some places and some countries and others are not allowed to add sugar - chewing gum is now good for you, your teeth become stronger and it helps produce saliva which aids digestion

4 - yes they used it on CSI- NY, but never came across it before then, tangential (loosely stickin)!

3 out if 4, though will be willing to hear more on line three - not vexing you on this i hope Itachi-san

Line 1 - thrown out - then used .. not sure if you mean put back into mouth, so not thrown out but more of temporarily suspended from use.

line 2 no prob

line 3 funny that a dentist deliberately invented a sugary gum and it's one of my fLavorite bits of trivia, banned completely in some places and some countries and others are not allowed to add sugar - chewing gum is now good for you, your teeth become stronger and it helps produce saliva which aids digestion

4 - yes they used it on CSI- NY, but never came across it before then, tangential (loosely stickin)!

3 out if 4, though will be willing to hear more on line three - not vexing you on this i hope Itachi-san

Not vexing at all. This wasn't a very good one apparently. I'll try to do better next time.

Not vexing at all. This wasn't a very good one apparently. I'll try to do better next time.

i act then i think

just using intinct

and we all know

that I can be slow

only use my natural pace

good wrk itachi - LIS

Spit the gum if it has all that sugar

THE TRUTH

When thrown out, I am still uf use.... Truth will still come out

I withstand severe abuse...... Nobody likes the truth

I may be the culprit of important

items taken..... Honesty, truth