Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Favorite books?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#11 flamebirde

flamebirde

the guy who lurks in the corners, posting useless stuff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1372 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:04 AM

Remember, it's okay to kill a dove, but it's a sin to kill a mockingbird. - Atticus Finch.

I think that that's a quote, but not quite sure. It does have a moral meaning, though.

Mafiosos and mafiosas of the world, unite! And then kill each other in a particularly tricky move that everyone suspects but never anticipates.

stand back. I'm going to apply logic.

Come join the battle against the Chromatic Witch! http://brainden.com/...nly-eat-orange/

The Coup of Rhotus still needs players!End the 2 year sign up phase! http://brainden.com/...-mafia-signups/

#12 MissKitten

MissKitten

Merthur <3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2185 posts
  • Location:At my computer, or maybe writing fanfiction, and losing my sanity and innocence

Posted 12 May 2012 - 06:47 PM

My fave would have to be The Host by Stephenie Meyer. That is then followed very closely by the Ranger's Apprentice series by John Flanagan. Don't know why, I just love The Host. And the Ranger's Apprentice series I like because it's set in medieval times.

My fave genres would have to be Fantasy, Medieval, Mythology, and some Sci-Fi. And then defo Romance. And then....yeah, I have no "favorite genre", I love them all. :P

re: Les Mis, I hated it. I love it, but I hated it. Mainly because we read the abridged, and Gavroche only appeared for about 33 pages. When he died, the book ceased to have meaning for me. *cries*

Chocolate is proof that God wanted us to be happy.

So you want a fight with intent to kill? Then come fight me! It's here in my bow, that intent to kill you love so much! ~ Uryu Ishida

... ~ Nova-kun

Society needs to learn how to adapt, or humanity is screwed. ~ MiKi, aka MissKitten, aka myself

#13 Quag

Quag

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1707 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 12:54 AM

e: Les Mis, I hated it. I love it, but I hated it. Mainly because we read the abridged, and Gavroche only appeared for about 33 pages. When he died, the book ceased to have meaning for me. *cries*

Shame the book should be read in full.

Gavroche isn`t that important a character in the full book either.
Javert is 2nd to Jean Valjean in my opinion. Very well written character, Well Jean Valjean is probably the best written character in any book ive read.
Dang I`m getting sad just remembering the book now.

#14 MissKitten

MissKitten

Merthur <3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2185 posts
  • Location:At my computer, or maybe writing fanfiction, and losing my sanity and innocence

Posted 13 May 2012 - 06:14 AM

I love all the characters, don't get me wrong. Gavroche was just my favorite.

Chocolate is proof that God wanted us to be happy.

So you want a fight with intent to kill? Then come fight me! It's here in my bow, that intent to kill you love so much! ~ Uryu Ishida

... ~ Nova-kun

Society needs to learn how to adapt, or humanity is screwed. ~ MiKi, aka MissKitten, aka myself

#15 TrollMan

TrollMan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:31 AM

Thinking, Fast and Slow
By Daniel Kahneman

#16 Brainiac100

Brainiac100

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1134 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:19 AM

Gotta promote the Bartimaeus Sequence and the Skulduggery Pleasant series.

Did you know that there is a new one out??? I didn't. I found out as I was wandering through the store today. ^_^ ^_^ ^_^
Is there a riddle stuck in your brain, and you cannot solve it? Be happy! It is a positive proof that you have a brain. <--Rookie1ja

#17 Aaryan

Aaryan

Superior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1966 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:31 AM

Which one? There are only four. He is starting a new series, though.

Back in Business. 

Are you intelligent? Of course you are. Do you love mind games? Of course you do? Join a Trainer's Manual Mafia in the Games today (well, once one opens up).

#18 Brainiac100

Brainiac100

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1134 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:52 AM

It was the Ring of Solomon. I'd never noticed it before. has it been out long?

I can be such a dolt at times. :unsure: :unsure:
Is there a riddle stuck in your brain, and you cannot solve it? Be happy! It is a positive proof that you have a brain. <--Rookie1ja

#19 Aaryan

Aaryan

Superior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1966 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:34 PM

It was the Ring of Solomon. I'd never noticed it before. has it been out long?

Since 2010.

Back in Business. 

Are you intelligent? Of course you are. Do you love mind games? Of course you do? Join a Trainer's Manual Mafia in the Games today (well, once one opens up).

#20 Brainiac100

Brainiac100

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1134 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:15 PM

Since 2010.

Oh. Yep, totally knew that. Totally. I knew that. :help:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users