Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#11 niner

niner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 06:24 PM

But then an autobiography is completed when the person is dead.His autobiography ends with his death.

But who would write it?

#12 grey cells

grey cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2807 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 06:34 PM

But who would write it?

That's the point . No one can write another's autobiography.As far as I know Autobiography is a book that is written and COMPLETED by him in his own lifeteme.So I still think history is the most appropriate answer. ;)

#13 itachi-san

itachi-san

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3620 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 07:41 PM

History and one's life story (auto-biography) both have the same logical conclusion. They are happening as you write and therefore cannot be finished.

#14 Seventh Sage

Seventh Sage

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 03:50 PM

That's the point . No one can write another's autobiography.As far as I know Autobiography is a book that is written and COMPLETED by him in his own lifeteme.So I still think history is the most appropriate answer. ;)

I definitely think that an autobiography is an acceptable answer, or at least a COMPLETE autobiography is. If it ends in the subject's death, the subject can never write about, and therefore never finish it.
But of course, there are several autobiographies out there that have been finished - they just end where the writer wants it to end.
I'd still go with history as being the best answer. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users