Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#11 Duh Puck

Duh Puck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 04:58 AM

However, I will not drown my sorrows worrying about it. I´d rather drown a good bottle of beer.

I know I'm just nitpicking, but ... don't you mean that you will not kill your sorrows by drinking alcohol? And, incidentally, I believe that you "down a bottle of beer," not drown it. I agree that there can be latitude for interpretation without ruining a puzzle, but when a word or phrase is used carelessly or inaccurately it can make the experience less enjoyable and open to unnecessary disagreement.

Edited by Duh Puck, 17 March 2008 - 04:59 AM.

#12 kiger

kiger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 05:01 AM

she shoot him with harsh words, gave him a bath, and dryed him off, simple as pie.

#13 grey cells

grey cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2807 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 05:15 PM

i think what grey cells means by drowning is holding under water for a long period of time, not just to humans
confirm plz grey cells

Sorry for the delay.Yes what you suggest was in my mind.I know that there is a difference between holding a person underwater and his photo.The expression DROWNING was put there in the puzzle to make it a little bit more complicated.
Duh puck,
I understand what you are saying.That is the reason I had given a clue(spoiler)[think about HIM]

#14 Gray Fox

Gray Fox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 09:52 PM

Him

–pronoun
1. the objective case of he, used as a direct or indirect object: I'll see him tomorrow. Give him the message.
2. Informal. (used instead of the pronoun he in the predicate after the verb to be): It's him. It isn't him.
3. Informal. (used instead of the pronoun his before a gerund): We were surprised by him wanting to leave.
–noun
4. Informal. a male: Is the new baby a her or a him?

Might help. Im not sure yet if It will.

#15 itachi-san

itachi-san

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3620 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 01:48 AM

Sounds like pre-digital photography to me.

#16 ash013

ash013

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 06:01 PM

A husband and wife have been happily married for many years . One not-so-fine day , the wife shoots her husband , drowns him in water and then hangs him. But 20 minutes later, the neighbours see them hand-in-hand , happily going for an evening out. How is this possible??? ;)

Spoiler for A possible clue.

The wife was taking a photo of her husband.If we stuck with that,that you can't use for photo "him",simply "him" doesn't refer to her husband."Him" may be name.That means she tooks photo of her husband and drowns and hangs another person named Him.

#17 grey cells

grey cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2807 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 06:15 PM

The wife was taking a photo of her husband.If we stuck with that,that you can't use for photo "him",simply "him" doesn't refer to her husband."Him" may be name.That means she tooks photo of her husband and drowns and hangs another person named Him.

I understand what you mean . But usually in the language of english, a pronoun(in this case him) is used immediately after the noun(husband).
And as to referring to the husband's photograph as him , it is a case of anology which is commonly used in puzzles. If I had not used that anology , there would be no puzzle in this case. :)

#18 jword

jword

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 10:56 PM

I know I'm just nitpicking, but ... don't you mean that you will not kill your sorrows by drinking alcohol? And, incidentally, I believe that you "down a bottle of beer," not drown it. I agree that there can be latitude for interpretation without ruining a puzzle, but when a word or phrase is used carelessly or inaccurately it can make the experience less enjoyable and open to unnecessary disagreement.

I once requested the British Navy Hydrographic Department to confirm the pronunciation of a town name, on two charts of different scale the town was spelt differently . They replied "It depends what school you went to" ; the town , in Syria, was Sh´it or Sh´ite.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users