Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#31 plainglazed

plainglazed

Abuse of PoWers

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4754 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 06:18 PM

wait, wait. see you there with your finger on the trigger and know you're supposed to be evil and all (as further evidenced by your masterminding this twisted plot) but if you have to blow us all up, maybe you could see it in your heart to give a little time before further smiting us with your algorithm...

#32 octopuppy

octopuppy

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1303 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 07:01 PM

wait, wait. see you there with your finger on the trigger and know you're supposed to be evil and all (as further evidenced by your masterminding this twisted plot) but if you have to blow us all up, maybe you could see it in your heart to give a little time before further smiting us with your algorithm...

3 days and 48 states into this and now you want some time?

Well, all right then.

I'll just blow up half of what's left.

OKLAHOMA
ROOEJQPE

You've still got Arizona, but not for long :D

#33 Vineetrika

Vineetrika

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 07:57 PM

is it EDQSVBER ?

#34 Vineetrika

Vineetrika

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 08:43 PM

Now that I understand the logic for first letter, the code for ABORT is
BERVWEDQ

#35 octopuppy

octopuppy

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1303 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 08:41 AM

Now that I understand the logic for first letter, the code for ABORT is
BERVWEDQ

Password accepted, system shutting down

Curses, foiled again! I'll get you next time, Arizona!

Well played, Vineetrika.
But what really surprises me is:

is it EDQSVBER ?

...which has everything right but the first letter. And I thought the first letter would be the first thing that anyone would figure out. :D

#36 Vineetrika

Vineetrika

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 01:14 PM

I started off with analyzing the logic for the first letter but I got nowhere. Then I used Araver's clue (first and last letter combination has the same starting letter) to verify this for 2 letters in the middle of the word. That is when I saw a pattern. Once I got the pattern for the remaining letters, I started analyzing the logic for the first letter and it came to me quite easily.

This puzzle is very good and I enjoyed solving every bit of it.

#37 araver

araver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1615 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 04:00 PM

I started off with analyzing the logic for the first letter but I got nowhere. Then I used Araver's clue (first and last letter combination has the same starting letter) to verify this for 2 letters in the middle of the word. That is when I saw a pattern. Once I got the pattern for the remaining letters, I started analyzing the logic for the first letter and it came to me quite easily.

This puzzle is very good and I enjoyed solving every bit of it.

Congratulations :thumbsup:
I think you can discover the previous algorithm as well.

On an unrelated note, I guess you like octopuppy's rule of not disclosing the algorithm? :P
Summer of 2014:
Show the Mafia world you're back in action ... signup for Justice League Unleashed (Again) - Second Arc: Of Magic and Men. Come join the madness!  :thumbsup:

Puzzles open: Strange Creatures I Past puzzles: Mystery Operation Series: I, II, III, IV; Contamination Scenario;
Past games: Crack the Code Series: III, VII, IXPast mafia games: UN Mafia, UN Mafia II, Star Trek Mafia, TMM IV

Almost random quotes:
>> Not only is the universe stranger than we imagine, it is stranger than we can imagine.

#38 octopuppy

octopuppy

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1303 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 04:28 PM

On an unrelated note, I guess you like octopuppy's rule of not disclosing the algorithm? :P

It's not a rule, I just think it's nicer that way. There's only one truly satisfying way to find these things out, which is to solve it yourself.:D

#39 araver

araver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1615 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 06:21 PM

OK, so any hosts for CtC 9?
Octopuppy, do you wish to play the mean-algorithm now?
Summer of 2014:
Show the Mafia world you're back in action ... signup for Justice League Unleashed (Again) - Second Arc: Of Magic and Men. Come join the madness!  :thumbsup:

Puzzles open: Strange Creatures I Past puzzles: Mystery Operation Series: I, II, III, IV; Contamination Scenario;
Past games: Crack the Code Series: III, VII, IXPast mafia games: UN Mafia, UN Mafia II, Star Trek Mafia, TMM IV

Almost random quotes:
>> Not only is the universe stranger than we imagine, it is stranger than we can imagine.

#40 octopuppy

octopuppy

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1303 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 09:17 PM

OK, so any hosts for CtC 9?
Octopuppy, do you wish to play the mean-algorithm now?

I've been taking a few days off. Next time!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users