BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

hola pple :D

It is now time for the DS2!!! post-11778-1245545269.gif

If you don't remember what to do then look at this link:Spencer, Detective Spencer (DS1)

but this time you are in the mystery (all who participate are the same person) assisting Detective Spencer

Now lets get started :lol:

The day is July 20th, 2008. Monday. Ms. Anya was just washing her dishes when she received a phone call. If one were to assume this were an ordinary day, one would think this phone call wouldn't matter much. But this was no ordinary day, so this was no ordinary call.

-Hello?

-*heavy breathing*

-*nervously*hello?

-*raspy voice* I know who you are...and I will get you...

Ms. Anya hangs up, scared out of her mind. Caller ID: 687-3377; in other words, Murders. Immediately she goes to the police and tells them her story. Hearing her plight the chief of police sends in their top man. Detective Jonathan Spencer :D. The detective goes to Ms. Anya's how ASAP. She is fine, but shaken. Det. Spencer calls his assistant (you; lets call you...Jonas (M) or Jane (F) I'll be Detective Spencer). We must keep Anya safe until we capture the culprit. With every update will be one successful day that Anya has been kept safe. Here is what you must find out in the process:

1) Who is the Raspy Man (RS) (ultimate goal)

2) When/Where will he strike next? (Daily Goal)

3) How will you stop him? (Daily Goal)

Everyday the RS will leave a new hint. It is up to you to figure out the latter of the 3 questions.

-*raspy voice* Good luck...

:thumbsup:

• Answers 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Ms. Anya:

Eye color: Brown

Hair color: Brown

Height: 5 feet 6 inches (167.64 cm)

Ethnicity: Caucasian

Description: Ms. Anya is a temperate woman and has a wonderful personality (not code for anything for those who watch too much tv) She has a pet cat, "Sally", and is currently working as a secretary at lawyer Daniel Forth's office. (His name is in Anya's contacts). Her home phone is rarely used because she is usually out all day working long hours with a few days off now and then and most calls are usually forwarded to her cell phone. She is usually outspoken and loves to read; her favorite genre? Thrillers.

Is OUTSPOKEN the word? The most practical way would be to recite the entire description, but the bomb could be programed to react to vibrations.

Ms. Anya:

Eye color: Brown

Hair color: Brown

Height: 5 feet 6 inches (167.64 cm)

Ethnicity: Caucasian

Description: Ms. Anya is a temperate woman and has a wonderful personality (not code for anything for those who watch too much tv) She has a pet cat, "Sally", and is currently working as a secretary at lawyer Daniel Forth's office. (His name is in Anya's contacts). Her home phone is rarely used because she is usually out all day working long hours with a few days off now and then and most calls are usually forwarded to her cell phone. She is usually outspoken and loves to read; her favorite genre? Thrillers.

Is OUTSPOKEN the word? The most practical way would be to recite the entire description, but the bomb could be programed to react to vibrations.

Gosh it's been so long since anybody posted,

but no that's not it, good guess though, you have the right amount of letters and no the only thing reactive to vibrations is the mic

Edited by No1slight

Gosh it's been so long since anybody posted,

but no that's not it, good guess though, you have the right amount of letters and no the only thing reactive to vibrations is the mic

Clear as day

You will see.

Brown? That is her eye colour.

Thrillers? Just going off the same description as Blahblah and taking the last word in the desctription. Is that it?

No but the first letter is right. with this clue and the one i just gave, it should be pretty clear

(also if you want to see what he looks like here's the link to his picture Detective Spencer more will come soon)

Edited by No1slight

well then it's temperate. Weird word but I guess that's the password

yeah, i was watching the show Bones when i made this and the Bone's real name is Temperance so...moving on:

You, along with Det. Spencer look through the pantry and see the bomb sitting at eye level with some sort of receiver attached to it. You try to say the word, but the bomb remains unchanged. Once Anya has made her way to the bomb, she inputs the word with her voice:

Anya: Temperate! (heh woops i mean 9 letters :duh: )

Bomb: *click* *whir* *beep* 4...3...2...*blank display*

The bomb has been deactivated, now the RS will call again tomorrow on Wednesday night.

Congratulations, you have just saved Anya from Tuesday's puzzle and i will post the update on the situation tomarrow.

Update:

Answering machine:

*click* *whir*

"Wednesday night, day number three,

This madness shall continue from me.

As always, you must guess the clue,

That appears in stanzas just for you.

Nothing's ever on TV,

But i'll fix that, just you see.

Cut the power and she'll die

Think faster because time will fly.

The clicker's always getting lost

But finding it will bring a cost.

You must apply the proper weight

On the scale before it's too late.

there is a requirement for the weight as well as a restriction

She needs your help. But you must also try to figure out more about the people involved/mentioned in the case.

Sorry, if I am doing this wrong but I would check the couch or maybe a cuckoo clock.

Can we call the friend Renee Mitchell during this time?

Or maybe send it to Police HQ to be ran through the Database.

you're doing perfectly fine :D and yes you can check all of those, but she doesn't have a cuckoo clock.

What would you like to ask Renee Mitchell

and the only help from the police is Detective Spencer and Jonas/Jane (you)

*you search the couch but all you find is a few coins and...a weight?*

Edited by No1slight

Questions for Renee: How long have you known Ms. Anya?

More to come after reply.

Questions for host: What were the coins that were found?

Renee: Oh, i've known her since we got out of law-school together but neither of us could get our break in the world of justice so we settled to being secretaries for the lawyers.

the coins are not important, try looking at what was after the ellipses(...)

as for your other questions:

Renee: Well, Anya and I are just friends from law school as i've mentioned before, and i can't think of anyone who would have a grudge against her, well, except maybe Rudolf Suarez. He asked her out and she stood him up. He cried so hard that everybody began to call him, "Rudolf the red-nosed loser." She felt so sorry for him but she couldn't reach him in time to tell him about her engagements that night. He never found out only because he didn't listen. As for the night in question, i've been out of state for a few weeks visiting my father in the hospital, he just had a stroke so i'm here to help him get better, but i have to come back tomorrow.

th-th-th-th-that's all folks! well, for now anyway...

Ms. Anya, who is Rudolf Suarez?

Does the weight have it's weight on it?

For the scale, you might want to check the bathroom.

Anya: Rudolf was this guy who kept pestering me in college. I couldn't take it any longer so i decided to go out with him. I ended up missing our date because i got sick. When i tried to tell him he wouldn't hear any of it. I don't think that he's ever forgiven me...

The weight says 25 lbs

You look in the bathroom but find no scale.

Anya: That's odd, my bathroom scale is usually right by the door...

What is in the room in and around the television? I'm looking for a scale, a clock (especially one that's not correct) or anything related to flight.

In the living-room there is a tv, a couch, a small mantle clock, a fireplace, a few pictures around the clock, and a few end-tables with lamps on each one.

there will be a picture of the room tomorrow.