BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

hola pple :D

It is now time for the DS2!!! post-11778-1245545269.gif

If you don't remember what to do then look at this link:Spencer, Detective Spencer (DS1)

but this time you are in the mystery (all who participate are the same person) assisting Detective Spencer

Now lets get started :lol:

The day is July 20th, 2008. Monday. Ms. Anya was just washing her dishes when she received a phone call. If one were to assume this were an ordinary day, one would think this phone call wouldn't matter much. But this was no ordinary day, so this was no ordinary call.

-Hello?

-*heavy breathing*

-*nervously*hello?

-*raspy voice* I know who you are...and I will get you...

Ms. Anya hangs up, scared out of her mind. Caller ID: 687-3377; in other words, Murders. Immediately she goes to the police and tells them her story. Hearing her plight the chief of police sends in their top man. Detective Jonathan Spencer :D. The detective goes to Ms. Anya's how ASAP. She is fine, but shaken. Det. Spencer calls his assistant (you; lets call you...Jonas (M) or Jane (F) I'll be Detective Spencer). We must keep Anya safe until we capture the culprit. With every update will be one successful day that Anya has been kept safe. Here is what you must find out in the process:

1) Who is the Raspy Man (RS) (ultimate goal)

2) When/Where will he strike next? (Daily Goal)

3) How will you stop him? (Daily Goal)

Everyday the RS will leave a new hint. It is up to you to figure out the latter of the 3 questions.

-*raspy voice* Good luck...

:thumbsup:

• Answers 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Questions for Daniel Forth: Mr. Forth, how long has Ms. Anya been working for your company?

Is Ms. Anya a good employee, and has there been any incidents involving her in the last couple of months?

What station is the TV on?

Sorry, been trying to figure out the riddle and playing Mafia.

Forth: Ms. Anya has been working for me for at least 3 years and she is a great employee at that. As for your last question, there are so many nuts that walk into my office that it would be hard to discern any one from another.

The TV is on the DVD player setting.

Edited by No1slight

Search the mantle and the fireplace, including the clock and photos for any proppelants, explosives, or areas that may be able to accept the weight that we found in the couch.

Look at the photos to try and find a scale in one of them.

Look in the kitchen for an ingredient scale.

Mr. Forth, where were you on the night of July 20th, 2008?

Is there anything in the DVD Player?

Forth: I was in my office as always.

You search the DVD player and find that there is a disk inside with the words "play me" written on the non-reflective side.

what is your course of action?

And for the questions asked by Medji:

You search the mantle and find nothing, but as you lift a photo of Anya's dog (deceased) and find that it seems heavier than it should be.

Think about what's in the picture

Examine the glass, frame and backing for tampering or other.

@Anya:

Do you still keep this dog's belongings?

You look at the back of the frame and find a stone superglued to the back...how did that get overlooked? :blink:

Anya: Yes, some of them, his dog house is in the backyard.

Response to Sayalzah:

yes the mantle clock is set right

You turn the TV around and see that there has been obvious tampering since there is a big hole in the back with a bomb sticking out with no apparent way to tamper with it to deactivate it.

has anybody played the DVD that says, "Play Me"?

I will be the one to play the DVD I guess.

Investigate the dog house.

Mr. Forth is there anyone who can confirm your alibi (Spelling?) that night?

Forth: well, yes and no, the only person who can confirm my alibi would be my wife and i'm afraid we sleep at night :dry: .

You Play the DVD and turn on the TV (no it will not explode like that) and you see the RS's shadow...well, you think it's his shadow...

RS: Hello detective, since you were gullible enough to play this DVD, you now have 2 minutes to eject the DVD which will not come out without the remote. *insert evil laugh here*

Without a moment to lose you and Spencer quickly move to the doghouse in 10 seconds flat (terribly convenient for us reading the thread :P ) and you peer inside the deceased canine's quarters. There is the scale that you were looking for in the bathroom with a strange apparatus clinging to the remote.

What will you do next?

Without a moment to lose you and Spencer quickly move to the doghouse in 10 seconds flat (terribly convenient for us reading the thread :P ) and you peer inside the deceased canine's quarters. There is the scale that you were looking for in the bathroom with a strange apparatus clinging to the remote.

Very convenient indeed. :thumbsup:B))

My guess is that it will take a minute and 49 seconds to get the remote and press the eject button. :ph34r:B))

Do we have any way to look up potential suspects like Suarez?

Can you describe the contraption in the doghouse if Sayalzah is incorrect?

Just asking since you had mentioned a restriction involving the weight.

Just posting some of the things we know about the RS.

Good with electronics. 2 well thought out bombs.

Could be a close acquaintance to Ms. Anya since he/she seems to know her fairly well (then again could be a stalker) and appears to know the layout of Anya's house.

With that...

Ms. Anya, how well do you get along with your neighbors?

Put the weight on the scale, press the eject button on the remote.

You put the weight on the scale and receive the remote, then you quickly dash to the living-room and press the eject button on the remote. The TV screen turns blue and you hear an automated voice saying, "bomb deactivated" all of which took 1 minute and 49.99 seconds (cuz that's just how good you are :P:ph34r:)

Very convenient indeed. :thumbsup:B))

My guess is that it will take a minute and 49 seconds to get the remote and press the eject button. :ph34r:B))

Do we have any way to look up potential suspects like Suarez?

Can you describe the contraption in the doghouse if Sayalzah is incorrect?

Just asking since you had mentioned a restriction involving the weight.

There might be, but you would have to acquire them and put the contacts into your notebook

Just posting some of the things we know about the RS.

Good with electronics. 2 well thought out bombs.

Could be a close acquaintance to Ms. Anya since he/she seems to know her fairly well (then again could be a stalker) and appears to know the layout of Anya's house.

With that...

Ms. Anya, how well do you get along with your neighbors?

Or the RS may know somebody who is good with these things.

Anya: Oh, I get along well with all my neighbors, but only three have been over at least once. Their names are Jenny, Nathan, and Makerita.

Do you have any acquaintances you think might be depressed or insane?

Anya: No, none that i can think of, if they are then they're very good at covering up their emotions.

Edited by No1slight

Ms. Anya: For what reason did Jenny, Nathan, and Makerita come to your house?

Did you have any electrical work done on your house recently?

Strange questions: Can you give a description for Sally the Cat? Including personality.

Ms. Anya: Has Sally been acting wierd the last couple of days?

*waits impatiently* :P for next clue to solve. Fun game/riddle/whatever this is classified as.

Ms. Anya: For what reason did Jenny, Nathan, and Makerita come to your house?

Did you have any electrical work done on your house recently?

Strange questions: Can you give a description for Sally the Cat? Including personality.

Ms. Anya: Has Sally been acting wierd the last couple of days?

*waits impatiently* :P for next clue to solve. Fun game/riddle/whatever this is classified as.

Anya: Well, Jenny, as it turns out, was my other best friend in high school, so we did lunch, Nathan came over when my kitchen sink needed repair, and Makerita came over with Jen a few times. and as for my cat, well, you know that comic strip in the sunday paper? the one with the orange cat? well, she's just like him but much, much thinner. And she hasn't been acting odd in the past few days.

No1slight (yes this is actually me): I will post the next puzzle after i get off from work. (around 6:00PM Anchorage, AK time)

Anya: Do you speak to Nathan or Makerita (Interesting name by the way) very often?

Do you know if they were here during the last couple of weeks?

Edit: Spelling

Anya: Well Makerita and i speak regularly when we meet up with each other and Nathan and i only chat when i invite him to *ahem* dinner. only Makerita has been here in the last couple of weeks and nathan has been out of town at some sort of convention (none of those geeky ones mind you).

lol it's the name of a girl that used to be in my class :D

Ms. Anya: May I please have the address of Nathan, Makerita, and Jenny?

Posting Major Suspects for me:

Rudolf

Nathan

Makerita

Jenny

Cleared for me:

Lawyer

Best friend during Law School (can't remember name at the moment)

Anya: Nathan lives down the road on the corner and Makerita lives right across the street with Jenny next-door.

(i wouldn't bee too sure about the lawyer (forth) because his alibi can't be proven by anybody because the only other person there was asleep ;))

(i wouldn't bee too sure about the lawyer (forth) because his alibi can't be proven by anybody because the only other person there was asleep ;))

True. Just was thinking that you said earlier (before I started playing) that the RS had not been revealed yet and he was mentioned in the Bio of Ms. Anya.

Next day puzzle?

Makerita: Do you have a close relationship with Ms. Anya?

Have you seen anything or anyone that has been acting strange during the last couple of weeks?

True. Just was thinking that you said earlier (before I started playing) that the RS had not been revealed yet and he was mentioned in the Bio of Ms. Anya.

Next day puzzle?

Makerita: Do you have a close relationship with Ms. Anya?

Have you seen anything or anyone that has been acting strange during the last couple of weeks?

yes the next puzzle is comming soon

Makerita: We're just the kind of friends who drop by every once-in-a-while and no i haven't noticed anything strange lately.

Posting a thought:

RS could equal Rudolf Suarez

*thinks to myself* I seem to be caught up on Mr. Suarez *ends thought*

Ms. Renee Mitchell: Sorry to bother you again.

But do you know of a way that I might be able to get a hold of Mr. Suarez?

Ms. Jenny:

How long have you known Ms. Anya?

Do you know of anyone who could of had a grudge against her?

Posting a thought:

RS could equal Rudolf Suarez

*thinks to myself* I seem to be caught up on Mr. Suarez *ends thought*

Ms. Renee Mitchell: Sorry to bother you again.

But do you know of a way that I might be able to get a hold of Mr. Suarez?

Ms. Jenny:

How long have you known Ms. Anya?

Do you know of anyone who could of had a grudge against her?

uh just so you know, and i don't mean to be rude or make anybody feel stupid, but RS is just an abbreviation that means Raspy Suspect. sorry for raining on your parade :blush:

Renee: Well, you could try the college. here i'll give you the number... *tells you the number over the phone* (now you can call the college)

Jenny: i've known anya since she moved here, you know how it is being the welcoming comity. anywho, i can't think of anybody who would have a grudge against her.