BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

The journey of a lifetime led me to here.

Forever in your memory, I’ll be near.

A beautiful flame burning day and night.

Being extinguished...... Unthinkable plight!

Though I've been passed through many a hand,

Throughout the ages, I will make my stand

Forged in the fiery heart of the Sun.

Not the one I mentioned, if it helps anyone. :rolleyes:

Edited by heyupal

The journey of a lifetime led me to here. (You have to live you whole life (and die!) to get an eternal flame)

Forever (eternal) in your memory,(like "in memory of" or "in your honor") I'll be near(eternal flame usually on gravestone or close by remains).

A beautiful flame burning day and night. (obvious, yes?)

Being extinguished...... Unthinkable plight! (It's eternal, not supposed to go out!)

Though I've been passed through many a hand, (The keepers of the flame throughout time. I didn't think "one set of hands" coould maintain an eternal flame for eternity)

Throughout the ages, I will make my stand (again you know..... that whole eternal thing going)

Forged in the fiery heart of the Sun. (deception, play on words for title)

Not the one I mentioned, if it helps anyone. ( admission of said deception, not Sun but son, makes the eternal flame answer fit as in flame put up ny passion of a child for thier parent)

Sorry if you guys think I was off on this one. I thought this one was pretty good (what do I know). ....I wonder if plasmid liked it?! :unsure:

Edited by heyupal

Sorry if you guys think I was off on this one. I thought this one was pretty good (what do I know). ....I wonder if plasmid liked it?! :unsure:
Woulda liked it better if I'd gotten the answer :P:rolleyes:

The many hands clue seems perfectly fine to me. I was just thrown for a loop by the sun - son clue, thinking the last two lines referred to a different star, but that's definitely a legal move in riddle writing. Next step is to incorporate poetic meter in the riddles ;)

The journey of a lifetime led me to here. (You have to live you whole life (and die!) to get an eternal flame)

Forever (eternal) in your memory,(like "in memory of" or "in your honor") I'll be near(eternal flame usually on gravestone or close by remains).

A beautiful flame burning day and night. (obvious, yes?)

Being extinguished...... Unthinkable plight! (It's eternal, not supposed to go out!)

Though I've been passed through many a hand, (The keepers of the flame throughout time. I didn't think "one set of hands" coould maintain an eternal flame for eternity)

Throughout the ages, I will make my stand (again you know..... that whole eternal thing going)

Forged in the fiery heart of the Sun. (deception, play on words for title)

Not the one I mentioned, if it helps anyone. ( admission of said deception, not Sun but son, makes the eternal flame answer fit as in flame put up ny passion of a child for thier parent)

Now that I have looked up eternal flame I realize there were/are more than the gas powered ones I am familiar with and certainly the torch type being passed from hand to hand makes sense, or the hearth fire where a burning piece of wood from the family hearth was used to start the fire in the daughter/son's new home.

I wasn't criticizing the riddle at all-- just figured i missed something and if i asked, somebody would point it out to me :)

Woulda liked it better if I'd gotten the answer :P:rolleyes:

The many hands clue seems perfectly fine to me. I was just thrown for a loop by the sun - son clue, thinking the last two lines referred to a different star, but that's definitely a legal move in riddle writing. Next step is to incorporate poetic meter in the riddles ;)

Thanks! and....

Now that I have looked up eternal flame I realize there were/are more than the gas powered ones I am familiar with and certainly the torch type being passed from hand to hand makes sense, or the hearth fire where a burning piece of wood from the family hearth was used to start the fire in the daughter/son's new home.

I wasn't criticizing the riddle at all-- just figured i missed something and if i asked, somebody would point it out to me :)

Thanks again..... I'm not really that sensitive. Just abhor working on a riddle that makes no sense when you finally get the answer from the topic starter! :D chicory you are(and a few others.....Deanna, Lotus, PG, JamesB, Plasmid....etc.(don't be mad if I left anyone out)) one of the reasons I tried to write it so deceptively..... you're very good at riddles i've seen! :P