BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

So, it looks like we know who Diomedes is (Caliope's target), and have some degree of control over the Ages tonight. I think that we should save the Age of Olympians for tomorrow night. That will allow me to have Eros for tonight, and the Age of Chaos (crazy age).

However, I also think that we should try to hit fairly hard tonight. So, should we send a request to Hades via Hermes? I think that controlling his action/summon might be better than just sending him a shield, especially since I think that Odysseus will guess it (after all, we said that's what we were going to do).

Maybe, rather than sending him a shield, I should use Eros to defend him? Do we think that I should target IDNE and hope that I disrupt a guess again (and have a 50/50 shot of taking them both out), or target Diomedes, and try to stop their attacks?

Who should we attack tonight, etc. etc.

11 answers to this question

So, it looks like we know who Diomedes is (Caliope's target), and have some degree of control over the Ages tonight. I think that we should save the Age of Olympians for tomorrow night. That will allow me to have Eros for tonight, and the Age of Chaos (crazy age).

However, I also think that we should try to hit fairly hard tonight. So, should we send a request to Hades via Hermes? I think that controlling his action/summon might be better than just sending him a shield, especially since I think that Odysseus will guess it (after all, we said that's what we were going to do).

Maybe, rather than sending him a shield, I should use Eros to defend him? Do we think that I should target IDNE and hope that I disrupt a guess again (and have a 50/50 shot of taking them both out), or target Diomedes, and try to stop their attacks?

Who should we attack tonight, etc. etc.

The Heroes do seem to have folded in on themselves without the galvanizing force of Y-san (who I'm guessing might be Nestor... :unsure: at least if Bb is really Hades). The one thing that confuses me is that I thought that Y-san had been hit (and lost summons) on two occasions previously and yet Nestor has had a summon every night. If Bb is Hades and PT is Diomedes, then I don't know who Y-san is. IDNE must be Odysseus since he lost a summon and gained it back in the age of the Titans, so who does that leave as Nestor, GC? :wacko:

As for actions, since you used Eros last night, you won't be able to tonight. We'll have to either send Hades a message via Hermes or try to give him that shield as we promised. We can try to prevent them from stopping us using our guesses. If we are going on the assault, then I think that we need the age of the Olympians. We'll need all three of Zeus' guesses to try to protect our attacks and if Nestor has only been attacked once, then they will still have Priam at his command, giving them four potential stops. Of course, they can't use Atlas again tonight so Zeus should be able to nullify Priam tonight as well as try to cancel Odysseus' guesses about our actions.

As for the attack, we can have two attackers both boosted to 100% with the help of Demeter. I can attack and Euterpe can boost me, while an attacker that Demeter has can be boosted by Aphrodite. That way we should be able to hit two people: PT and Y-san? Then Zeus guesses that Odysseus will guess that we will attack our targets and then we will be guaranteed to go through with the attacks. :thumbsup:

Thoughts/problems?

The Heroes do seem to have folded in on themselves without the galvanizing force of Y-san (who I'm guessing might be Nestor... :unsure: at least if Bb is really Hades). The one thing that confuses me is that I thought that Y-san had been hit (and lost summons) on two occasions previously and yet Nestor has had a summon every night. If Bb is Hades and PT is Diomedes, then I don't know who Y-san is. IDNE must be Odysseus since he lost a summon and gained it back in the age of the Titans, so who does that leave as Nestor, GC? :wacko:

As for actions, since you used Eros last night, you won't be able to tonight. We'll have to either send Hades a message via Hermes or try to give him that shield as we promised. We can try to prevent them from stopping us using our guesses. If we are going on the assault, then I think that we need the age of the Olympians. We'll need all three of Zeus' guesses to try to protect our attacks and if Nestor has only been attacked once, then they will still have Priam at his command, giving them four potential stops. Of course, they can't use Atlas again tonight so Zeus should be able to nullify Priam tonight as well as try to cancel Odysseus' guesses about our actions.

As for the attack, we can have two attackers both boosted to 100% with the help of Demeter. I can attack and Euterpe can boost me, while an attacker that Demeter has can be boosted by Aphrodite. That way we should be able to hit two people: PT and Y-san? Then Zeus guesses that Odysseus will guess that we will attack our targets and then we will be guaranteed to go through with the attacks. :thumbsup:

Thoughts/problems?

You know... I don't know what's the matter with me lately. I'm forgetting things left and right. For some reason I'd thought we'd opted NOT to use Eros, for whatever reason. You're right, which makes my action a little simpler. In that case, maybe we should go for Age of Olympians tonight, which would give Odysseus only the two guesses, which would let us nullify his two (as far as we care), and gain us a third guess.

You know... I don't know what's the matter with me lately. I'm forgetting things left and right. For some reason I'd thought we'd opted NOT to use Eros, for whatever reason. You're right, which makes my action a little simpler. In that case, maybe we should go for Age of Olympians tonight, which would give Odysseus only the two guesses, which would let us nullify his two (as far as we care), and gain us a third guess.

Hye guy's i'm going to be gone most of today. i'm giving you permission to powerplay hermes so that we can establish contact with Bb we need to do it quickly so as to be able to coordinate out attack tonight. feel free to powerplay my guesses as well. Se you all later!

Hey guys, nice to be on the team, it was getting boring all by myself *sigh* Anyway...

Summonings:

Agamemnon, Cronus, Hermes, Ananke, Priam, and Thalia

<(^-^)>

Edit: I have guitar, then I have to go to parent/student/teacher night -_- So I'll be on later *waves*

Edited by Kathleen

Hey guys, nice to be on the team, it was getting boring all by myself *sigh* Anyway...

Summonings:

Agamemnon, Cronus, Hermes, Ananke, Priam, and Thalia

<(^-^)>

Edit: I have guitar, then I have to go to parent/student/teacher night -_- So I'll be on later *waves*

So Nestor has lost all of his summons after all... :o

I don't understand how Demeter has Hermes as when Zeus got him back... :wacko:

So Nestor has lost all of his summons after all... :o

I don't understand how Demeter has Hermes as when Zeus got him back... :wacko:

no clue but we need to send a message to hades asap....i don't have anymore time tonihgt so if one of you could send him the link to the polybius square in a message via hermes it would be much appreciated.

Alright, night actions:

Zeus:

Summon: Hermes to send a message to Hades with this message:

Greetings, Hades. We appreciate the gesture that you have made, and will be providing you with your equipment as soon as we are able. For now, however, if you wish to be a part of our team, it is necessary for us to establish communications. The means that we have been using to speak without our opponents being able to listen is called the Polybius Cipher, which can be found here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polybius_square

Our aim for tonight is disruption. We would like to prevent Odysseus' team from acting as much as possible. To that end, we trust you to act however you think is best, beyond that we would like for you to target Grey Cells.

We appreciate your help, and will look to add you to our roster as soon as we can. In the mean time, please send us a message using the Cipher above, so that we know that communication is possible.

Zeus:

Summon: Hermes to send a message to Hades with this message:

Greetings, Hades. We appreciate the gesture that you have made, and will be providing you with your equipment as soon as we are able. For now, however, if you wish to be a part of our team, it is necessary for us to establish communications. A new cipher that I've found can be located here:

http://rumkin.com/tools/cipher/gronsfeld.php

Alphabet Key settings:

Keyword: theolympians

Reverse keywords

Reverse alphabet

Put keywords on right side

Cipher Key: 84437

Our aim for tonight is disruption. We would like to prevent Odysseus' team from acting as much as possible. To that end, we trust you to act however you think is best, beyond that we would like for you to target Grey Cells.

We appreciate your help, and will look to add you to our roster as soon as we can. In the mean time, please send us a message using the Cipher above, so that we know that communication is possible.

hey all just got to thinking, they seemed to know what we were doing i'm wondering if they cracked our number code too....So I found a very devious code, hopefully it works.

Itachi, hopefully this edit wont be too late.

Well, beyond with Hades the code should no longer be necessary.

So, what's our plan for tonight? Are we using any of Demeter's summons? Attack, defense, etc.?

not sure yet, let's see what Hades has to tell us first.