3 tell lies

3 tell truth

The one that you want tells both.

Seven questions you can spare.

To find out who he is and where

If you aim to impress,

Can you do it in even less?

What are your questions?

I assume that all of the men know the identity of the other men?

I would ask the men, one at a time, how many men are in this room. The first person to answer [8]is a truth teller or the random because there are the 7 men with keys plus me. At most, this will take 4 questions. i will then ask. If it takes less than four questions, I will ask the question again until I have received the correct answer of 8 again. If I have already asked the 4 questions, than I know that one of the men I have asked the question to is the random and the rest are truth tellers. I would then ask one of the truth tellers which one of these men is the one who speaks truth and lies?

Are we only allowed to have one key and pick one door?

Edited by IDoNotExist

1)ask who lies(only the persn who does both can respond)

2)then ask him which key

3)then ask him which door

Done!

Explain Ask who lies.

If I ask you if you are lying, then you will obviously respond no if you are telling the truth.

Also, you don't need to ask about the keys, each holds one and stands by one door.

Plus there are only 7 questions total

Edited by Romulus064

I assume that all of the men know the identity of the other men?

I would ask the men, one at a time, how many men are in this room. The first person to answer [8]is a truth teller or the random because there are the 7 men with keys plus me. At most, this will take 4 questions. i will then ask. If it takes less than four questions, I will ask the question again until I have received the correct answer of 8 again. If I have already asked the 4 questions, than I know that one of the men I have asked the question to is the random and the rest are truth tellers. I would then ask one of the truth tellers which one of these men is the one who speaks truth and lies?

Are we only allowed to have one key and pick one door?

Congrats, you did what I would do! :)

And as said previously, the random man is holding the key that goes to the door he is standing by, which is the door you want.

Now the real question is can you impress me.

(Or you could just rip-off this puzzle and make one involving asking for keys and doors and such..)

Edited by Romulus064

Explain Ask who lies.

If I ask you if you are lying, then you will obviously respond no if you are telling the truth.

Also, you don't need to ask about the keys, each holds one and stands by one door.

Plus there are only 7 questions total

1) you ask ALL who is lying (one question)

u never said they were standing next to doors, u just said there were 7 men each with a key and there were 7 doors :P

ask what clore are the walls then split then split them apart(lires and truthfull) bring one person from the group of 4 to the group of three ask them is this the person that can till truths and lies? repat untell (if the smaller are the lires you get a no thruthefull you get a yes) the answer you need then then tell hin to tell the truth on the next queston ask wich group has the right key and what door it blongs too try it out if it does not work u allways have the right key

ask what clore are the walls then split then split them apart(lires and truthfull) bring one person from the group of 4 to the group of three ask them is this the person that can till truths and lies? repat untell (if the smaller are the lires you get a no thruthefull you get a yes) the answer you need then then tell hin to tell the truth on the next queston ask wich group has the right key and what door it blongs too try it out if it does not work u allways have the right key

I probably should clarify that only one will answer each question, but,

If that were not the case it would be a great answer.

Congrats, you did what I would do! :)

And as said previously, the random man is holding the key that goes to the door he is standing by, which is the door you want.

Now the real question is can you impress me.

(Or you could just rip-off this puzzle and make one involving asking for keys and doors and such..)

[spoiler='solution

']Question 1: I would ask the first person "Which three of these six men can tell the truth?" If he is a liar, he will have to point to the two Liars and the random. If he is a truth teller, than he will point to two truth tellers and the random. If he is the Random, than he will choose one of these two answers. This divides up the men into three groups.

Question 2: I would then ask him "Would the opposite of you say that you are a truth teller or a liar?" If he says "Neither" than he is the random and you can take his key to open the door.

Question 3: If he says "Liar" than he is the Truth Teller. I would then ask him "Which man is the Random?" then take the key from the man he tells me. If he says "Truth Teller" than he is the liar or random and I would ask him "Which one of these men is not the Random Answerer?" If he points to someone in the truth teller/Random group, than I will know that the person he chose is the random answerer. If he points to someone in the Liar group, than I will know that the original person is the random.

I am not sure I am making sense with this, but I assure you that in my head it works out.

[spoiler='solution

']Question 1: I would ask the first person "Which three of these six men can tell the truth?" If he is a liar, he will have to point to the two Liars and the random. If he is a truth teller, than he will point to two truth tellers and the random. If he is the Random, than he will choose one of these two answers. This divides up the men into three groups.

Question 2: I would then ask him "Would the opposite of you say that you are a truth teller or a liar?" If he says "Neither" than he is the random and you can take his key to open the door.

Question 3: If he says "Liar" than he is the Truth Teller. I would then ask him "Which man is the Random?" then take the key from the man he tells me. If he says "Truth Teller" than he is the liar or random and I would ask him "Which one of these men is not the Random Answerer?" If he points to someone in the truth teller/Random group, than I will know that the person he chose is the random answerer. If he points to someone in the Liar group, than I will know that the original person is the random.

I am not sure I am making sense with this, but I assure you that in my head it works out.

It seems like a good one to me. :)

The Random answerer is not bound to say neither

Edited by Romulus064

It seems like a good one to me. :)

The Random answerer is not bound to say neither

He does not have to. But if he does in that situation, I will know that he can only be the Random Answer telling the truth.

Questions that I wouldn't ask the men in the room, and points to make.....

1. Why are the men trapped in the room?

2. I am on the outside of the room why do I care that 7 men are trapped inside the room, why do I need the key?

3. Are the doors inside the room, or outside where I am, am I trapped on the outside of the room that the men are trapped in?

4. If the doors are on the inside of the room and the 7 men have the 7 keys they could easily let themselves out. They can't be trapped if one of them holds a key to let them out.

5. Where do the doors lead?

In my oponion this doesn't have enough information for me to answer and decide what questions I would ask, even for a riddle it's quite vague. Therefore I will assume the men are on the inside with their 7 keys to the 7 doors and the doors are inside with them. If all of that is correct I wouldn't ask them a thing. If I was trapped on the inside with 7 men and 7 keys to 7 doors it is obvious the doors will be on the inside as well. I'm going around in my head. Finally have come up with no matter the amount of details given this riddle is pointless and a bad riddle. The men are not actually trapped.

A few other things.......

If 3 lie and 3 don't and one lies and tells the truth you couldn't simply ask who lies because they would all reply no. The 3 that lie would say no, the 3 that were telling the truth would say no, and the one that lies and tells the truth will also say no and it would be impossible in one question to distinguish who lies and tells the truth. A series of questions would be needed to determine that.

MY ANSWER TO THE RIDDLE IN ONE QUESTION( I retract the impossible in one question)

1. Why are you all still "trapped" if you hold the keys?

Trapped in a room

Are 7 men

Holding 7 keys

To Seven doors

3 tell lies

3 tell truth

The one that you want tells both.

Seven questions you can spare.

To find out who he is and where

If you aim to impress,

Can you do it in even less?

What are your questions?

i would ask everyone what is my name and for the three that answer i know which are liers but if a forth answers wrong then i will continu to ask questions till someone tells the truth then i would ask the four other men if they are the person with the keys once some on lies or it comes down to one then ill know that thats the person.

Questions that I wouldn't ask the men in the room, and points to make.....

1. Why are the men trapped in the room?

2. I am on the outside of the room why do I care that 7 men are trapped inside the room, why do I need the key?

3. Are the doors inside the room, or outside where I am, am I trapped on the outside of the room that the men are trapped in?

4. If the doors are on the inside of the room and the 7 men have the 7 keys they could easily let themselves out. They can't be trapped if one of them holds a key to let them out.

5. Where do the doors lead?

In my oponion this doesn't have enough information for me to answer and decide what questions I would ask, even for a riddle it's quite vague. Therefore I will assume the men are on the inside with their 7 keys to the 7 doors and the doors are inside with them. If all of that is correct I wouldn't ask them a thing. If I was trapped on the inside with 7 men and 7 keys to 7 doors it is obvious the doors will be on the inside as well. I'm going around in my head. Finally have come up with no matter the amount of details given this riddle is pointless and a bad riddle. The men are not actually trapped.

A few other things.......

If 3 lie and 3 don't and one lies and tells the truth you couldn't simply ask who lies because they would all reply no. The 3 that lie would say no, the 3 that were telling the truth would say no, and the one that lies and tells the truth will also say no and it would be impossible in one question to distinguish who lies and tells the truth. A series of questions would be needed to determine that.

MY ANSWER TO THE RIDDLE IN ONE QUESTION( I retract the impossible in one question)

1. Why are you all still "trapped" if you hold the keys?

Nice Response :lol:

Actually, It should read:

Trapped in a room

With seven men.

But I didn't change it for two reasons

1. I thought people would be able to understand basic English verse.

2. I'm too technologically inadvanced to change the wording to the topic.

Besides In my own defense:

I have been making a series of riddles,

Each Riddle takes two minutes to make.

I cannot guarantee the perfection of each riddle.

If you really want to channel your anger,

Open your word processor and make your own 2 minute riddle, and see how it compares.

P.S. Try a riddle of negatives, It's more well-written.

Edited by Romulus064

Nice Response :lol:

Actually, It should read:

Trapped in a room

With seven men.

But I didn't change it for two reasons

1. I thought people would be able to understand basic English verse.

2. I'm too technologically inadvanced to change the wording to the topic.

Besides In my own defense:

I have been making a series of riddles,

Each Riddle takes two minutes to make.

I cannot guarantee the perfection of each riddle.

If you really want to channel your anger,

Open your word processor and make your own 2 minute riddle, and see how it compares.

P.S. Try a riddle of negatives, It's more well-written.

I have no anger to channel, just pointing out some things.

I will give the making of a riddle a shot thanks.