BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Hello all,

I have returned to the den. I have internet at my flat now, so should be able to make regular occurrences here again. To get back into the mindset of the weird and wacky thinking, the way of the den, I am stating back with a game. It is hopefully new to you guys ( not sure what everyone has been up to, though I do notice some post counts have increased a lot). Enjoy.

The Scenario:

One year ago, Robert Killingsworth bought the farm. Six months later he was dead — leaving his widow Elizabeth to tend to their fledging vineyard and winery on the outskirts of California's wine country. With mounting debts and no idea how to run a business, Elizabeth is desperate to sell the farm and recoup her losses. The fierce drought and shaky economy, however have left Killlngsworth Farm on the market for far too long.

One early autumn day, six people passed through the gates of Killingsworth Farm to see Elizabeth...

One of them, a cold—blooded Killer:

Michael Nightshade — This real estate developer from New York arrived unannounced with plans to buy Killingsworth Farm and develop it into a low-cost housing community. His boss ordered him to obtain the Killlngsworth land at any cost...

Dr. Chelsea Barren — After suffering a nervous breakdown, this psychiatrist and near-best-selling author moved to Northern California to relax... but she moved next door to the Killingsworths instead.

Enrique Graves — This young drifter wandered onto Killingsworth Farm last year just as Robert and Elizabeth were moving in. Elizabeth took a liking to Enrique and he has lived on the farm ever since — tending to the fie|ds... among other things.

Vicki D’Adly - Elizabeth’s estranged sister from New Jersey, she and her husband were traveling on vacation when Vicki decided to drop by Killingsworth Farm for a visit... a surprise visit.

Norman D’Adly - A real estate broker from New Jersey and husband to Vicki, Norman is trying to salvage his job and his marriage while travelling across the country on vacation.

Kathryn Lawless — Best friend to Elizabeth, this local librarian and historian has a flare for the eccentric. She lives down the road with her 15 cats and loves true crime - especially the mysterious unsolved death of Robert Killingsworth.

Which of these people has a secret worth killing for? Come to Killingsworth Farm and find out before it is too late?

Signup:

Michael Nightshade -

Dr. Chelsea Barren -

Enrique Graves -

Vicki D’Adly -

Norman D’Adly -

Kathryn Lawless -

Detectives ( maximum of 4 )

These detective roles don't take part in the story, but they can interograte the players involved in the story.

• Answers 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Norman, Did Vicky have any other sisters besides Elizabeth to share the inheritance with? What were you doing around 3:45pm this afternoon? Have you seen Enrique today?

OOC: i already answer these questions... but i will answer them again

Vicki had no other sisters meaning she will own this place and she was also talking To Elizabeth before and she said i was sexually harassing her and i have done no such thing... i stopped doing that after i did it with one of my associates, at 3:45 thats when i heard the fight with Chelsea and the book being mentioned, I was Enrique searching under sofas, drawers, etc.

Vicki had no other sisters meaning she will own this place and she was also talking to Elizabeth before and she said i was sexually harassing her and i have done no such thing... i stopped doing that after i did it with one of my associates, at 3:45 thats when i heard the fight with Chelsea and the book being mentioned, I was Enrique searching under sofas, drawers, etc.

I actually have to disagree with this...look what I found!

Note written on Killingsworth Farm letterhead dated today:

Dearest Kathryn,

As you know, times have been hard since Robert's death. I struggle each day to find the strength to go on. The thought of selling my home — Killingsworth Farm — is too much to bear, but as you know, I can no longer afford the farm's upkeep - let alone wine production.

I am lost. I am alone. Tonight, when I fall asleep, I do not plan to see the morning — my sleeping pills should ensure that I never awake.

You have been so good to Robert and I this last year, and you are truly my best friend. I want you to have Killingsworth Farm. Run it, sell it, or do with it whatever makes you happy.

With Heartfelt Gratitude,

—Elizabeth Killingsworth

Though, I haven't actually seen Elizabeths' handwriting, the handwriting on this looked familier :wacko:

<(^-^)>

I actually think the main issue is that gold would be ineffective as a cork screw :P

:lol: , so, the culprit is the corkscrew maker! :o

Vicki had no other sisters meaning she will own this place and she was also talking To Elizabeth before and she said i was sexually harassing her and i have done no such thing... i stopped doing that after i did it with one of my associates, at 3:45 thats when i heard the fight with Chelsea and the book being mentioned, I was Enrique searching under sofas, drawers, etc.

Enrique, why were you searching under the sofas, drawers etc?

What, Kathryn? No comment on the note leaving the estate to you? Mentioning sleeping pills? When you were seen looking through Elizabeth's medicine cabinet?

<(^-^)>

I told you already, I was looking for stomach-ache pills (there was a name but I forgot :P ) for my own use. Also, I do not know what to say about the estate being left to me. It came as a total surprise, and I'm rather astonished that the farm wasn't left to Elizabeth's dear sister. In fact, I really don't know what to do with the land...

I told you already, I was looking for stomach-ache pills (there was a name but I forgot :P ) for my own use. Also, I do not know what to say about the estate being left to me. It came as a total surprise, and I'm rather astonished that the farm wasn't left to Elizabeth's dear sister. In fact, I really don't know what to do with the land...

I don't know...the handwriting in that note DID look familier, and I have seen your handwriting many times before...

<(^-^)>

After she got stung? She went inside to clean off the sting, and I figured it would be a good time for me to make some business calls. And yes, I have been in the wine vaults. Elizabeth showed them to me on the tour, we tasted wine, and discussed sale. When the lights went out, Elizabeth went out to see what the problem was. When she didn't come back, I went back to the main area of the house, and saw...well a lot of you crowded around. I haven't seen Elizabeth since...

What time was this?

Hmm...so Elizabeth did reject you after all...

I actually have to disagree with this...look what I found!

Note written on Killingsworth Farm letterhead dated today:

Dearest Kathryn,

As you know, times have been hard since Robert's death. I struggle each day to find the strength to go on. The thought of selling my home — Killingsworth Farm — is too much to bear, but as you know, I can no longer afford the farm's upkeep - let alone wine production.

I am lost. I am alone. Tonight, when I fall asleep, I do not plan to see the morning — my sleeping pills should ensure that I never awake.

You have been so good to Robert and I this last year, and you are truly my best friend. I want you to have Killingsworth Farm. Run it, sell it, or do with it whatever makes you happy.

With Heartfelt Gratitude,

—Elizabeth Killingsworth

Though, I haven't actually seen Elizabeths' handwriting, the handwriting on this looked familier :wacko:

<(^-^)>

Uh...where did you find this? Wasn't Kathyrn rifling around earlier...could she have found it as well? Or spent that time forging it... ;)

Uh...are you sure about that? Are you sure you didn't find some interesting reading about gold while you were helping Enrique with his project...and you wanted the farm so that you could dig up the gold?

I don't know...the handwriting in that note DID look familier, and I have seen your handwriting many times before...

<(^-^)>

Interesting...funny how sleeping pills are mentioned...since the pool of blood indicates that Elizabeth was killed recently but she disappeared much earlier in the afternoon...perhaps the killer put her to sleep...and waited until there were other ppl around to frame for the crime to kill her...perhaps the sleeping pills were put into her tea? ;P

On that note...the killer could of cut the lights so that Elizabeth wouldn't be found...say Kathryn, since you're Elizabeth's close friend and all...do you know where the circuit box and those things are located?

Edit: Or perhaps the killer waited so that she would have time to forge the will...*cough*

Edited by Yoruichi-san

Well Kathryn, there are so many surprises and secrets out there, aren't there? Remember when we sat on the back porch for a short time this afternoon and the discussion turned toward life—goals. When I told you that I would like to go to Hollywood and become a star — if only I am not burdened with a husband and kids.

And what did you tell to me? You seemed to lose yourself that moment, and you told me of your similar dream of getting out of this small town to live an exciting life — and that you were going to do something about it. You did not elaborate, though. You only grinned and laughed — almost maniacally to me.

So what actually your plan to make it happen?

<(^-^)>

I really do not know what you are talking about! Are you accusing me of writing a letter to myself enstating that I own the farm?!?! Don't you think that maybe I wouldn't be so stupid in case someone recognized my writing, which is probable? Don't you think that maybe you're getting a tad paranoid, and it really is Elizabeth's writing?

Uh...where did you find this? Wasn't Kathyrn rifling around earlier...could she have found it as well? Or spent that time forging it... ;)

;P

On that note...the killer could of cut the lights so that Elizabeth wouldn't be found...say Kathryn, since you're Elizabeth's close friend and all...do you know where the circuit box and those things are located?

Once again, I did not forge it! An when was I rifling through papers?

Well Kathryn, there are so many surprises and secrets out there, aren't there? Remember when we sat on the back porch for a short time this afternoon and the discussion turned toward life—goals. When I told you that I would like to go to Hollywood and become a star — if only I am not burdened with a husband and kids.

And what did you tell to me? You seemed to lose yourself that moment, and you told me of your similar dream of getting out of this small town to live an exciting life — and that you were going to do something about it. You did not elaborate, though. You only grinned and laughed — almost maniacally to me.

So what actually your plan to make it happen?

Well, I was just daydreaming. A good lot of people in the world want to be famous and such, and I happen to be one of those people. Honestly, working in a library isn't all that interesting, and I have dreamed of becoming a star. I never thought about how I will get there though, and so far, I don't have any plans.

ooc: umm... i just looked in my inbox and i only have round 1-3 and 5...

i think tal, you either misnamed no.5 or you skipped one... or i deleted one... :huh:

:lol: , I think Talie accidentally named it Round 5, but I'm sure it's round 4 ;)

ooc: umm... i just looked in my inbox and i only have round 1-3 and 5...

i think tal, you either misnamed no.5 or you skipped one... or i deleted one... :huh:

Sorry..( and Star_tiger) i misnamed your Pm. It was ment to be CSI - Round 4

Also I just noticed that the PM's are losing all their formatting.. Im very sorry guys, it must be hard to read. Im not sure why it is doing that.,.. hmmm.. any suggestions?

Huh...you harassed you wife? :huh:

And there was the fight with Dr. Barren at 3:45...hmmm...anyone see Elizabeth after that?

Nope. My last saw of my sister alive during lunchtime. After that I have been spending much of the day by myself, but I did meet with Norman for a short while in our bedroom at 2:00 PM. And then I met Kathryn and her dream.

Whoa! I thought you said she disappeared after she got stung...that was at 7? Anyone see Elizabeth b/w 3:45 and 7?

yes i saw her around 5:30 PM while i was taking a break. Elizabeth was heading into the Wine Vaults with Michael Nightshade

Oh yeah...a question to Vicki that woon couldn't answer at the time (hopefully now you have more info?)

What do you expect when 2 sisters spoke to each other about the past. After all our relationship were so strong and so closed. If not because of boys... I was to emotional this morning. But I was also overjoyed till I cry because finally she willing to talk to me again. :~

What exactly made your relationship so bad that she wasn't talking to you? Was it because of Norman? Or Robert? Or something else?

ooc: if i only i was told this a little earlier i would of been saved a lot of hassle!

Oh! I just remembered something! At 6:30 PM, I went back to the Wine Vault to work on the short in the wiring. I was sure that I had turned off the electricity, but a little later I was shocked by a jolt of electricity that knocked me unconscious for a quarter of an hour. The jolt of electricity must have shorted out the lights in the Wine Vault.