BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Yoruichi-san

Question

25 answers to this question

Would it be the heptagon. My reasoning is that I counted up the sides, so the order is 3,7,5,6. Then I added them two at a time so 3+7, 7+5, 5+6, which comes out to be 10, 12, 11. So assuming Im right, the pattern is adding 2 then subtracting 1 or your just skipping around, and in either case it leads to the next number having to be 13. So 13 minus 6 is 7. So the next shape should be a heptagon, or a 7 sided polygon.

Edited for clarity

Edited by Gamefreaked

Edited for clarity

Would it be the heptagon. My reasoning is that I counted up the sides, so the order is 3,7,5,6. Then I added them two at a time so 3+7, 7+5, 5+6, which comes out to be 10, 12, 11. So assuming Im right, the pattern is adding 2 then subtracting 1 or your just skipping around, and in either case it leads to the next number having to be 13. So 13 minus 6 is 7. So the next shape should be a heptagon, or a 7 sided polygon.

Clever solution, but no...the colors are important too ;P

The geen pentagon because the top point points in the sequential direction (left) which matches the blue.

Ahhh I see wat you mean but if what Yoruichi says is true then the colors werent used, otherwise It makes most sense in this case

orange, following the visible light spectrum (and assuming the green was replaced with white?)

She said that colors are important TOO, meaning that both colors AND numbers must be important... I don't think we'll get it without combining the two.

It might be something to do with the colors' hex codes or RGB values.

I've got:

3 - Purple - 128,0,128

7 - Blue - 0,0,255

5 - White - 255,255,255

6 - Yellow - 255,255,0

Not sure how they relate though <_<

She said that colors are important TOO, meaning that both colors AND numbers must be important... I don't think we'll get it without combining the two.

It might be something to do with the colors' hex codes or RGB values.

I've got:

3 - Purple - 128,0,128

7 - Blue - 0,0,255

5 - White - 255,255,255

6 - Yellow - 255,255,0

Not sure how they relate though <_<

Knowing Y-san, it could have something to do

wavelengths. <_<

The Orange Octagan.

The square and the octagon are the only two shapes not currently represented, but the octagon is the only color that can not be made from two of the colors already present or used to make any of the colors already present. The red can be combined with blue to make purple, the green could be made from the yellow and blue, the lighter blue can be made from blue and white, the lighter purple from purple and white, the orange would need the yellow but the red is left out.

It has to do something with colors of the months i believe. Maybe flowers, but if thats right i think the next one is the pink heptagon as it would be the next color (and it holds true to my guess earlier rofl)

My Guess

The Orange Octagan.

The square and the octagon are the only two shapes not currently represented, but the octagon is the only color that can not be made from two of the colors already present or used to make any of the colors already present. The red can be combined with blue to make purple, the green could be made from the yellow and blue, the lighter blue can be made from blue and white, the lighter purple from purple and white, the orange would need the yellow but the red is left out.

Good use of color, but no...it actually has more steps than that...mixing colors are fun for children, but what would the woman in your life want? *hint, hint* ;)

It has to do something with colors of the months i believe. Maybe flowers, but if thats right i think the next one is the pink heptagon as it would be the next color (and it holds true to my guess earlier rofl)
My Guess

Not quite, but getting warmer...;P

Ahhh i see know i was off just a little.

There the birthstones, not in exact order but still following a chornological order.

The first is amethyst a purple crystal with usually hexagonal or triangular sides

Next is sapphire with its blue hue which is normally in a tear drop heptoganol shape

Then follows diamonds with its white or clear color and normal pentagon shape

and finally comes topaz with its yellow coloring and its hexagonal shape.

So presumably my answer is the red square, being the ruby, its red coloring, and its normally square shape in jewelery.

Or depending on your preference on the different orders of birthstones it may be the greenish turquoise one

Edited by Gamefreaked

Ahhh i see know i was off just a little.

There the birthstones, not in exact order but still following a chornological order.

The first is amethyst a purple crystal with usually hexagonal or triangular sides

Next is sapphire with its blue hue which is normally in a tear drop heptoganol shape

Then follows diamonds with its white or clear color and normal pentagon shape

and finally comes topaz with its yellow coloring and its hexagonal shape.

So presumably my answer is the red square, being the ruby, its red coloring, and its normally square shape in jewelery.

Or depending on your preference on the different orders of birthstones it may be the greenish turquoise one

Correct on the colors...but the shapes depend on something else...which will give the exact answer ;P

I was thinking it had something to do with flowers. Color/# of petals ratio.

But since you have confirmed precious gems as the subject, it'll take a bit more research.

There is no link between number of sides and number of month, at least not immediately noticeable.

Perhaps there is an algorithm that connects them?

Though I'm not sure if this has already been said but yellow is the only color on the color wheel not present in the sequence. If you account for the primary and secondary coloring. So yellow is my answer for that.

According to shape, I say well I don't know, maybe a triangle.