BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

14 answers to this question

one. you can only cut a circle in half one way.
Interesting - but first you have to chose where - E - W N - S etc

BTW pls use a spoiler when 'ADD REPLY'

an infinite number
why not RMZ - 1st answer tilted 90 degrees?

This probably has been posted before but I could not find it any where.

How many lines of symmetry does a circle have? :)

on whether circle and lines lie in the same plane. If they are in the same plane, there are infinite lines of symmetry. However if planes are normal, there is a single line of symmetry. Anywhere in between will depend on angle of incidence between the planes. Now my head hurts

:P

:P

on whether circle and lines lie in the same plane. If they are in the same plane, there are infinite lines of symmetry. However if planes are normal, there is a single line of symmetry. Anywhere in between will depend on angle of incidence between the planes. Now my head hurts

A circle has an infinite number of lines of symmetry. Period.

A circle has an infinite number of lines of symmetry. Period.

that the circle lies in the xy plane and you are drawing a line in the z plane. Then there is a single line of symmetry (an axis through the center of the circle)

Well, lets say its a perfect circle, then that would mean that all sides are equal there for it would have an infinite amount of synnetry lines, or a leaast a really high amount of them.

that the circle lies in the xy plane and you are drawing a line in the z plane. Then there is a single line of symmetry (an axis through the center of the circle)

it has an infinite number of lines of symmetry in the xy plane alone, so it has an infinite number.

it has an infinite number of lines of symmetry in the xy plane alone, so it has an infinite number.

I agree completely. My intention was simply to point out that planar orientation has an effect. ;)