BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Star Wars Mafia

Thanks, Impervious! I thought Leia can't recruit (description only says ability to kill), and that all the goodies had to depend on Yoda for recruitment?

well the original role had leia recruiting as well but we took it out and left it as just yoda, forgetting about the fact that if yoda dies then the rebeles have no one left to recruit.

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do we start lynching or not... i would like to know. the sooner this is over with the better in my opinion.. i dont like lynching...

edit:typo's

Edited by Riranor

Here's the roster for now just so we don't have to go digging for it later. 3 days, so no rush. I dunno who to vote for at this point, but my mind keeps wandering over to SomeGuy. I have no real evidence, just a feeling. But that's no reason to vote for someone, so I'm not voting yet.

Omnipresent God: Reaymond

1. DMS

2. Prince Marth

3. Silverheart

4. SomeGuy

5. Star Tiger

6. Peace

7. Izzy

8. Skywalker - [Pilot] Killed Night 2

9. Kat

10. Limeliam

11. Twin_Bro

12. A. Person

13. Riranor

14. Neptune - [boba Fett] Lynched Day 1

15. andromeda - Killed Night 2

16. Twin_Pop - Killed Night 2

17. Panther

18. Impervious

Here's the roster for now just so we don't have to go digging for it later. 3 days, so no rush. I dunno who to vote for at this point, but my mind keeps wandering over to SomeGuy. I have no real evidence, just a feeling. But that's no reason to vote for someone, so I'm not voting yet.

hmmmmmmm... dont know who to vote for either

Edited by Riranor

Do we start lynching or not... i would like to know. Hte sooner this is over wit hthe better in my opinion.. i dont like lynching...

Yes, we can start lynching now :P I just wanted to get my questions answered (thank-you again, Imp!), and to avoid being the first one to vote (somehow, that's a bad thing :P ). Well, I shall start anyways because I accidentally did all my homework yesterday and don't have anything to do now :lol:

1. DMS

2. Prince Marth

3. Silverheart

4. SomeGuy

5. Star Tiger - voting for Peace

6. Peace

7. Izzy

9. Kat

10. Limeliam

11. Twin_Bro

12. A. Person

13. Riranor

17. Panther

18. Impervious

I really wish I had some vivid and solid reason for going for Peace, but I don't have much. I just looked back at the people who were targeted by the Imperials, and it seemed like it was someone who is not an extreme mafiaholic, but not a first-mafia-game type of person either. Also, Peace hasn't really posted much, and the few times she did, it didn't reveal much about her role or her views, which is starting to make me believe that she's playing baddie-cautious. Of course, these are all gut feelings, so don't take everything I say to heart :P Just wanted to get this rolling, since no one else seems to want to do anything <_<

Hmm...SG? I've been leaning towards him being a goodie (60% or so...), but there's always that big chance that he's deceiving me, which is actually quite possible since he is a pretty good mafia player -_- It's just some comments that he made... :unsure:

^ I think everyone's just afraid to post their honest views. I know I am, the Imperials seem to have a s**tload of power (offing 3 people in one night is insane.) They seem to be targeting all the active people, hence Peace, DMS, and Liam being alive. Maybe those are the three Imperials? Well, *one* of them has to at least be active. Reaymond said something about Emperor Palpatine debating stuff, and not with the host, so that either means he was debating with his teammates, or himself. So, we're looking for someone really smart, or someone who doesn't get along well with others. I haven't been on here that long, but do any regulars that have been here a while know of two (or three) people playing that don't exactly get along?

*edit* This was actually a response to this post. Not the one above.

Edited by Izzy

1. DMS

2. Prince Marth

3. Silverheart

4. SomeGuy

6. Peace

7. Izzy

9. Kat

10. Limeliam

11. Twin_Bro

12. A. Person

13. Riranor

17. Panther

18. Impervious - voting for Someguy

seems suspicious, not sure why but he does...probably his cloaked avatar...very Sith-like..

edit: didn't take out quote.

To ST: I can't recall if you played FNF....but remember how confident i was that reaymond was good, even while picking off the baddies (Family guy team). Someguy's got experience. I wouldn't underestimate him...

Edited by Impervious

Hmm...SG? I've been leaning towards him being a goodie (60% or so...), but there's always that big chance that he's deceiving me, which is actually quite possible since he is a pretty good mafia player -_- It's just some comments that he made... :unsure:

i was thinking that too, but it seemed..odd.

idk, im not good at expressing my oppinion sometimes... dont we all?? ;)

I would like to believe that but... we never know... we have 3 days though so i guess i shouldn't sweat it... i just hope its not me!!!

That's what makes me think he's bad. It's like, I dunno what it's like. Like, there's certain things I wouldn't exactly say, 'cos I'd be afraid the Imperials think I know too much. (Not that I know anything! Being hypothetical!) He seems to have no fear of expressing his opinion, and even making plans for Luke and Han. It's just like, if he makes a good plan that he expects to be followed, then he knows what's going on. Which makes it easier for the Imperials to have a successful night, as we just witnessed.

As much as I've played Mafia, I've only been a baddie the once (and I'm not sure I did so well on that one >.>). Regardless, the reason I am not afraid about speaking out is that someone needed to coordinate things, so we didn't end up with dual saves on one person, and I am positive that Impervious is a goodie, so why not throw a save at him? In fact, I wish I could do more for you, Impervious, but I'm missing a key bit of information.

Anyways, since we have 4 baddies left, I think I've got it down to about a 50% chance of picking one for my lynch vote. However, as has been said, we have all weekend. I'm not going to rush it.

In fact, I wish I could do more for you, Impervious, but I'm missing a key bit of information.

Anyways, since we have 4 baddies left, I think I've got it down to about a 50% chance of picking one for my lynch vote. However, as has been said, we have all weekend. I'm not going to rush it.

0.o That sounds a bit Darth Vader like. The "key bit of info" is probably Impervious's role, which sounds like SG wants to recruit him to the dark side..

Yeah, that's a bit reassuring. We can't screw up too bad tonight. I still don't trust you though..

0.o That sounds a bit Darth Vader like. The "key bit of info" is probably Impervious's role, which sounds like SG wants to recruit him to the dark side..

Yeah, that's a bit reassuring. We can't screw up too bad tonight. I still don't trust you though..

your showing some interesting logic... at least we can trust you... i think

your showing some interesting logic... at least we can trust you... i think

Heh, thanks. :)

In the event that the baddies off me during Night 3, I want to share my opinion before I'm not able to. 'Cos that would suck. If things start looking really bad for me, I'll say a bit more before I die. I would appreciate a save during night 3 though..

SG, you've failed to convince me that you're good.

1. DMS

2. Prince Marth

3. Silverheart

4. SomeGuy

6 Peace

7 Izzy voting for colororedspan stylecolorredcoloroSomeguycolorcspancolorc

coloro#C0C0C0span stylecolor#C0C0C0coloro8 Skywalker Pilot--><span style="color:yellowPeacecolorcspancolorc

6 Peace

7 Izzy voting for colororedspan stylecolorredcoloroSomeguycolorcspancolorc

coloro#C0C0C0span stylecolor#C0C0C0coloro8 Skywalker Pilot"><!--/coloro--> Killed Night 2

9. Kat

10. Limeliam

11. Twin_Bro

12. A. Person

13. Riranor

17. Panther

Edited by Izzy

1. DMS

2. Prince Marth

3. Silverheart

4. SomeGuy

6. Peace

7. Izzy- - voting for Someguy

9. Kat

10. Limeliam

11. Twin_Bro

12. A. Person

13. Riranor- voting for Someguy

17. Panther

^ I think everyone's just afraid to post their honest views. I know I am, the Imperials seem to have a s**tload of power (offing 3 people in one night is insane.) They seem to be targeting all the active people, hence Peace, DMS, and Liam being alive. Maybe those are the three Imperials? Well, *one* of them has to at least be active. Reaymond said something about Emperor Palpatine debating stuff, and not with the host, so that either means he was debating with his teammates, or himself. So, we're looking for someone really smart, or someone who doesn't get along well with others. I haven't been on here that long, but do any regulars that have been here a while know of two (or three) people playing that don't exactly get along?

Good point. So, at least 1 baddie is active (especially since reay didn't say anything about late PM's). Why the baddies are targeting the active people is quite...unique. I'm suspecting an active not-extremely-experienced-mafia-player here, but a person that still knows something about mafia (so maybe not people like Riranor who seems shy on expressing their opinions, which, in fact, is extremely encouraged).

seems suspicious, not sure why but he does...probably his cloaked avatar...very Sith-like..

edit: didn't take out quote.

To ST: I can't recall if you played FNF....but remember how confident i was that reaymond was good, even while picking off the baddies (Family guy team). Someguy's got experience. I wouldn't underestimate him...

I did play in FNF (great game, dms ;) ). SomeGuy does have experience, no doubt about that, and looking at Izzy and your posts is getting me to doubt SG as well...going to look back and see if I see anything suspicious :) Might bind my time a little though...I would like to see other people's reactions towards SG's status.

That's what makes me think he's bad. It's like, I dunno what it's like. Like, there's certain things I wouldn't exactly say, 'cos I'd be afraid the Imperials think I know too much. (Not that I know anything! Being hypothetical!) He seems to have no fear of expressing his opinion, and even making plans for Luke and Han. It's just like, if he makes a good plan that he expects to be followed, then he knows what's going on. Which makes it easier for the Imperials to have a successful night, as we just witnessed.

Another good point, Izzy. I find SG contradicting himself sometimes. In one post (#132...I don't record these things down when I'm bored :rolleyes: ), he mentions about not revealing too much information to the goodies, then he goes off and plans the goodie actions, allowing the Imperials to plan according to that. I originally thought that SG was thinking similarly to me and was hoping that since the baddies will see that Impervious will be saved, they will target someone else, and that Han and Luke picks someone else (seeing that since the baddies won't target Impervious, they can protect someone else instead), and hope that their new target is the same as the Imperials. But the below quoted post from SG eliminated that suspicion. So, SG just got bumped up many places in my mafia list ;) I do agree that he's now my top suspect, but I want to put a little more pressure on Peace and other people to hopefully squeeze out some more goodie/mafia evidence :P

As much as I've played Mafia, I've only been a baddie the once (and I'm not sure I did so well on that one >.>). Regardless, the reason I am not afraid about speaking out is that someone needed to coordinate things, so we didn't end up with dual saves on one person, and I am positive that Impervious is a goodie, so why not throw a save at him? In fact, I wish I could do more for you, Impervious, but I'm missing a key bit of information.

As I mentioned in my above paragraph, I find this very suspicious. Obviously, if you posted it on the thread for Han to save Impervious, the baddies wouldn't attack Impervious and would kill someone else instead...

Eeh...not too sure about that. If SG really is an Imperial, he wouldn't let that slip :P

Well, after this uber-long post, I'm going to bed. I hope I find at least 3 pages of discussion tomorrow morning... :D

hehe, a few more things. Sorry about the purple writing... :blush: Also, it looks like a go-for-SG-and-get-this-lynch-overwith type of thing, and I would just like to remind people that that's no fun and not a lot of info will be revealed. Of course, if SG doesn't come up with a good enough reason that will make me believe in his innocence, I shall have no problem with lynching him *devil grin*, but we do have 3 days, and might as well use at least 2 of the 3 putting people under pressure and squeezing out information *evil smile*. There's still a couple people I'm iffy about...such as Peace, who I'm attempting to threaten :D

Eeh...not too sure about that. If SG really is an Imperial, he wouldn't let that slip :P

Are you sure? It could either be a form of reverse-psychology (Impervious, analyze please? :P), or another one of his slips. As you mentioned, he did contradict himself. Along with forum debates, he might have gotten confused or something?