BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Battle of Warriors!

Guys, I am still drafting this. It maybe not a perfect one, but once almost everything looks okay then we may go ahead.

This game may looks like a role-playing game. It also needs some strategy planning and, also you need to figure out someone’s identity as the game goes on.

8 participants are required for this. For who are interested please sign up your ID in the post. Sometime when about 6 players has sign up, you can start PM me what warrior character you want to choose to represent you and what’s the weapon you prefer to use in the story (you can use the common hero most people knew from comic or TV series, or self-created characters)

Once the game starts, nobody knows which members hold what characters. In the post, only your ID mentioned. But in the story, your ID is hidden but represented by the characters (warrior) you choose.

Mission:

To be the great Warrior by being the last survivor!

When to start?

By looking at there is so many games on the post. And also I need to do some minor justification in the game here. We may roughly start only on the 5th or 6th of October.

What’s In the Game?

What’s happen in the night?

In every night, members PM me which warrior you want to challenge.

Each player only can handle 2 opponents per night. It is either:

a) Challenge 1 warrior, and been challenged by another player. In this case, the 2nd PM and above who so happen want to challenge the same player will considered as void.

b) Not challenge any warrior (or not able to challenge the warrior as his vote is void due to condition (a). In this case, he can accept 2 challenges maximum from others.

c) If player A PM me to challenge warrior of player B and player B PM me to challenge player A, that’s count as 1 challenge. So both of them are allowed to be challenged by another 1 player.

In each challenge, there will be 2 attacks per player. That’s mean if A challenge B, then it will be:

A-B-A-B for 1 round, or B-A-B-A if B has faster speed than A.

Only warrior names for player will be shown in the Night-post Story. Unless the player loose his health point and been killed, Otherwise identity will be keep unrevealed. I will post the health point and level for each warrior and call the end of the night.

What’s happen in the day?

After a tiring battle in the night, daytime is the time where warriors look for resource of health, armor or protection.

In daylight, I will post 1 question (puzzle or riddle) which need players answer by PMing me. Rewards depend on the placing of the submission of the answer. For example:

1st , 8th place – Blue Health potion (+40)

2nd , 7th place – Armor lvl 2 (+ 1)

3rd , 6th place – Shield lvl 4 (+ 2)

4th & 5th place – Rainbow Health potion (recharge your health to maximum)

And each time the reward sequence will be different based on what I state in the post.

Only correct answer deserves 100% effectiveness of the rewards. Wrong question deserve only 50% of it. So let say the 3rd submitter answer wrongly will only rewarded Defense +1 instead of +2 of above case.

I will post the result for who (the ID this time) reserve what rewards and call off the day.

And after Day 1, the night PM will not only tell me which warrior you want to challenge, you can also tell me what action you need to do. For example, drink red health potion (+20) to gain back 20 health points, equip Armor lvl1 (+0.5 to Attack point), or equip Shield lvl2 (+1 to defense point) and so on. No limitation on the action, as long as you have all these stuff.

At the very beginning, each warrior is given:

Level 1

Health 50 points

Experience 0

Attack (2-5) points

Defense (2-5) points

Escape (1-3) points

Speed (2-3) points

Below are the descriptions:

Level (Lvl): Self-explained. Gain experience to increase your level. The higher level you are, the better benefits you have.

Health (H): Act as the life point. Starting from 50 points, then been subtracted by the damaged point due to opponent’s attack. Player who with zero or negative Health point will be considered killed and eliminated from the game. It can be regained by drinking health potion. Health points are automatically charged to new quote as the level is increased. Also during an attack, if any players has health point which is less than 20% (lvl 1, 50*20%=10) the host (which is me) will help the player to auto-heal the health IF ONLY the player has any health potion.

Damaged point would be based on certain formulation. I would not tell what the formula is.

Experience (Exp): The experience is gained through fighting. Need 10 points to go from Lvl 1 to Lvl 2, need 20 points from Lvl 2 to Lvl 3 and so on.

(Rem: (10 * n) experience points needed for upgrading level from n to n+1)

Attack (Atk): Attack means you attack power. Initially you’re Atk power is vary from 2 to 5. During the fight, you’re Atk power is decided from the randomized number I refer. The higher the point is, the better chance you win.

Defense (Def):

Defense is ability for you to prevent fully attack damage from your opponents.

Escape (Esp):

A bit similar like defense ability, but this will help the defense ability perform better or worse.

Speed (Spd)

Speed is to decide who should attack first. It is calculated by the ratio. If Warrior A is getting 2 from the randomized number and Warrior B is obtaining 4, the ratio will be 4/2=2 which mean B can attack A twice before A attack able to do his first attack. However, this doesn’t show at the beginning until certain players’ level increased. By the time, the attack sequence will become B-B-A. and end (As 1 player can only attack 2 rounds per challenge, A has no choice but only can attack once).

Others Event

Natural Disaster: On every prime night, some natural disaster will happen, I will roll a 6 sided dice twice. Multiplication of the 2 numbers indicates the total damage to every player’s health points.

Holy Rain: On a day when certain condition applied, Holy Rain will come. Each players gain their health by 50% from what they have, without exceeding their health limit.

Animal Fight: Certain players will somehow meet some wild animal and involve a fight during day time. Bad thing? Facing some damage point. Good thing? You gain some experience points extra than the other, and maybe, some precious stuff?

Rules:

1. Nights and days are based on real time in central time. Tentatively set as 12 hours for night and 12 hours for day.

2. Extra 4 hours will be given for anyone who is inactive, but only 1 times

3. Players are allowed to guess the real identify of the warrior. But anyone should not admit himself or herself for no reason.

4. Any players whose warrior been killed has 2 ghost-post in gray color to make. But cannot reveal any information or hint at anything or relate to the game, it must be entirely off-topic

5. Nonsense posters will be warned or punished, depend on the severity.

6. Rules are rules, so don’t complain.

7. You may not post anything from outside the thread

Feel free to give comment. :)

But don't sign up first.

Wait...so if you post a warrior ID, that means everyone knows who you are :huh: Can you explain that part? Otherwise I'd love to join ^_^

~The Fox <(^-^)>

Im hosting 3 games at the moment so I think im a little too busy for this. I LOVE RPG's though :D

Ok, it looked like it said post...so what would this look like? Would it be all...

Name: Super Warrior Dude

Weapon: Sword

Exp:

Hth:

Dfc:

Attack:

Lvl:

Spd:

etc?

~The Fox <(^-^)>

Edited by Kathleen

Wait...so if you post a warrior ID, that means everyone knows who you are :huh: Can you explain that part? Otherwise I'd love to join ^_^

~The Fox <(^-^)>

I'd assume you PM him your warrior name.

Right, below is the example

When sign-up,

Player list

Kat

Prince

Taliesin

then you PM me about your warrior and weapon, let say Kat (Fox Warrior - fox paw), Prince (Naruto - ninja skill), Taliesin (He-man - sword) etc

then before the game start, I will list out

Warrior list (sequence in random)

He-man - sword - lvl 1 / Exp 0 / H 50 / Atk 2-5 / Def 2-5 / Esp 1-3 / Spd 2-3

Fox Warrior - fox pow - lvl 1 / Exp 0 / H 50 / Atk 2-5 / Def 2-5 / Esp 1-3 / Spd 2-3

Naruto - ninja skill - lvl 1 / Exp 0 / H 50 / Atk 2-5 / Def 2-5 / Esp 1-3 / Spd 2-3

then for the night post, you PM me whom you want to challenge:

Kat's PM: I will challenge Naruto

Prince'PM: I will challenge He-man

Taliesin's PM: I will challenge Naruto

in such case, you can see Kat - Prince, Prince - Taliesin, Taliesin - Prince. So the fight between Prince / Taliesin will only become 1 instead of twice.

So, Kat fight once, Prince fight 2 (1 from Kat, 1 to Taliesin), Taliesin fight 1

Then at the end of the night, result shows:

He-man lvl 1, Exp 9 / H 25

Fox-warrior - lvl 1, Exp 8 / H 30

Naruto - lvl 2, Exp 2 / H 55 (should be 12, 10 has been used to upgrade to level 2!)

and so on.

Sounds fun! I'll join if there are enough people. And I would never choose the name Fox Warrior...how obvious would THAT be! :rolleyes:

~The Fox <(^-^)>

Right, player who name his warrior who is his favor will be easily spotted by others. Part of the strategy planning here. :)

Just like to put something out there...can it please not start until after the weekend? I'm going to a wedding in PEI, and I won't be back until Sunday evening...I don't want to miss out here!

~The Fox

Just like to put something out there...can it please not start until after the weekend? I'm going to a wedding in PEI, and I won't be back until Sunday evening...I don't want to miss out here!

~The Fox

No problem. I am actually in a long vacation starting this Saturday and no sure I can access to BD during that period. Only open the sign-up somewhere on the 3rd or 4th. Then we will see how its go.

By the way, have change some ability power range and here is what I propose to go:

Lvl.....Exp Needed..... H..............Atk...........Def............Esp............Spd

1.............0...............50.............2 to 5........1 to 4........1 to 3........2 to 3

2.............10..............55.............3 to 6........2 to 5........1 to 4........2 to 4

3.............20..............65.............3 to 7........2 to 6........2 to 4........3 to 4

4.............30..............80.............4 to 8........3 to 6........2 to 5........3 to 5

5.............40..............100...........5 to 8........4 to 7........3 to 5........4 to 5

6.............50..............125...........6 to 9........5 to 7........3 to 6........4 to 6

7.............60..............155...........7 to 9........6 to 8........4 to 6........5 to 7

8.............70..............190...........8 to 10......7 to 8........5 to 6........6 to 7

9.............80..............230...........9 to 10.......8 to 9........6 to 7........7 to 8

what do you think?

Woon, I would Love to Join. When are you planning to start it ?

I plan to open for sign up list within these 3 days. The game will start either 5th, 6th or much later after 1 or 2 games currently on the line end.

Has edit some of the rules will post later today. :)

Can I play? Looks cool and I love RPGs!!

Sure you can. Just need to be patient as I am still work out the final draft for the BOW. Most probably I will post it on 3rd and ask for members to sign up.

Hope you can join by then. :)

I will volunteer if there is any room for me. I have never played a game via forums before, but most of my time is spent playing Anarchy Online, so I understand how a role playing game goes. Let me know if I can play and I will email u my character choice.

I will volunteer if there is any room for me. I have never played a game via forums before, but most of my time is spent playing Anarchy Online, so I understand how a role playing game goes. Let me know if I can play and I will email u my character choice.

Sure, the finalized post asking for sign up will be posted on 3rd if I able to do so. So by the time, hope to see you sign up.

I would like to suggest a couple of ideas(they're probably useless but I might as well try):

You could make it so that the battles(at night obv) are split into two types, hand to hand combat and ranged, so for example - night 1, Hand to hand combat(swords, knives etc.), night 2, ranged combat(bows and arrows, throwing stars etc.), night 3 hand to hand combat..... and so on

You could also(if you take up the first idea) change each player's stats according to what weapon they werent using, for example, Kat picks a sword and a bow. Her attack when using the sword is slightly lower than usual because she has a bow slung over her back, and vice versa, whereas if she picked a sword and a throwing star, her ranged attack would be slightly lower(because a throwing star isn't as powerful as a bow) but her attack when using the sword is higher because a throwing star isn't as big and bulky as a bow, so she has more room to move about. You would have to think about this for quite a while, as it would require a lot of fine tuning. You would also have to understand exactly what each person's chosen weapon was and what it could do. :lol:

Edited by Panther

I would like to suggest a couple of ideas(they're probably useless but I might as well try):

You could make it so that the battles(at night obv) are split into two types, hand to hand combat and ranged, so for example - night 1, Hand to hand combat(swords, knives etc.), night 2, ranged combat(bows and arrows, throwing stars etc.), night 3 hand to hand combat..... and so on

You could also(if you take up the first idea) change each player's stats according to what weapon they werent using, for example, Kat picks a sword and a bow. Her attack when using the sword is slightly lower than usual because she has a bow slung over her back, and vice versa, whereas if she picked a sword and a throwing star, her ranged attack would be slightly lower(because a throwing star isn't as powerful as a bow) but her attack when using the sword is higher because a throwing star isn't as big and bulky as a bow, so she has more room to move about. You would have to think about this for quite a while, as it would require a lot of fine tuning. You would also have to understand exactly what each person's chosen weapon was and what it could do. :lol:

Your idea is really good. But i have almost get the script prepared. I would see the rough tuning before I can fine-tune it.

Maybe I should save this for BOW #2.

Point taken. Thanks.