BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

I had actually been thinking of making this topic for a while, but I never really got around to it. But considering how much people have been discussing Heroes in the Mafia Discussion thread just because I said I made a game based off of Heroes, I figure I might as well post it. So those of you that were discussing there, start discussing here.

This topic is for everything Heroes: favorite heroes and episodes, ideas, predictions, etc.

A couple rule type things:

- Don't insult people's opinions. You may disagree with someone's opinion, but don't argue about it.

- For spoilers, predictions, etc. please use spoiler boxes. This should be obvious, but it's important, no one wants the show ruined for them.

Anyway, discuss! There is a lot to talk about with Heroes. And if there are any ideas for what to discuss, feel free. I kinda just put this together in the last 10 minutes, so it's not incredibly well thought out. Oh well. :P

Oh yeah, and Season 3 starts at 8PM TOMORROW NIGHT! WOO!

I can't wait! B))

• Answers 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Anyway....YES! Heroes tonight. It's going to be non-stop TV for me from 7:00 to 10:00 (House - Heroes - Secret Life)

Why do you have my TV guide for tonight...? :o Just add in CHUCK recorded in the time shift and that's tonight :)

<(^-^)>

Why do you have my TV guide for tonight...? :o Just add in CHUCK recorded in the time shift and that's tonight :)

<(^-^)>

YOU'RE the one spying on ME!! I just recorded Chuck like eight seconds ago. (Not that I watch, its for my step-dad. But still.)

I have a friend who refers to Peter as "Hot Peter" and literally gets stars in her eyes when she talks about him. It's kind of hilarious, especially when she starts squealing and tips over.

Anyway....YES! Heroes tonight. It's going to be non-stop TV for me from 7:00 to 10:00 (House - Heroes - Secret Life)

Sounds like you're talking about Ysan :P

Can anyone tell me why, in cinema, a hole in the side of a plane always forces it to crash to the ground? Even slow moving, propeller driven, low altitude, troop carrying planes. Also why does said hole continue to suck things out with tremendous force long after the pressure has equalized?

Also, why does Peter have to touch people now? Proximity was enough in season one.

could it be that he absorbed his fathers ability?

No. At the point that his father died, Peter had no ability whatsoever. The reason that he has any ability now is that he injected himself with Mohinder's serum in order to save himself and Nathan. Honestly, I'm willing to buy that Peter needs to touch people now, since getting his ability back in the exact same form just implies something different about Hero-ness than this does, both are acceptable answers, though.

As for the planes... anything not bolted down should have disappeared out that hole rather fast, and at the point that the plane is crashing (with no wing damage or engine damage it should be a pretty slow and controlled crash, and my knowledge of planes is rather minimal, so maybe it shouldn't crash at all, but in order to keep enough air to breath they need to get to low altitude in a hurry) the pressure should have equalized. Hollywood, man. Why does shooting a gas tank cause the car to explode?

Can anyone tell me why, in cinema, a hole in the side of a plane always forces it to crash to the ground? Even slow moving, propeller driven, low altitude, troop carrying planes. Also why does said hole continue to suck things out with tremendous force long after the pressure has equalized?

How else can you draw out a crash scene for 10minutes :P ? If a wing was torn off, you wouldn't get too much drama out of that... just a dead spin and a quick splat.

And for the second part... I can't be the only one that gets sucked out of my car every time I roll down the window :P

Also, why does Peter have to touch people now? Proximity was enough in season one.

Maybe it was because they were all hooked up to whatever that neutralizing machine thing was. And Peter or the person he was choosing was too weak to pass an ability remotely?

If peter was able to freeze a wall to the point of it crumbling, I'm wondering why the new Niki (can't remember he name) didn't just freeze those gloves and cuffs they put her in?

Also, does anyone have any guesses about who was sucked out of the hole?

How else can you draw out a crash scene for 10minutes :P ? If a wing was torn off, you wouldn't get too much drama out of that... just a dead spin and a quick splat.

And for the second part... I can't be the only one that gets sucked out of my car every time I roll down the window :P

Maybe it was because they were all hooked up to whatever that neutralizing machine thing was. And Peter or the person he was choosing was too weak to pass an ability remotely?

If peter was able to freeze a wall to the point of it crumbling, I'm wondering why the new Niki (can't remember he name) didn't just freeze those gloves and cuffs they put her in?

Also, does anyone have any guesses about who was sucked out of the hole?

nuh uh, i'm guessing someone with invincibility or something, because, as we all know, nothing is shown on that show for a reason...

I say the person sucked out the hole was no one we know. That's why their mask didn't get taken off beforehand, either. They were still wearing a red shirt when the plane started crashing.

I say the person sucked out the hole was no one we know. That's why their mask didn't get taken off beforehand, either. They were still wearing a red shirt when the plane started crashing.

That's what I was thinking too. Set up to introduce a new role mid-season.

I think it was just someone they through out to make you gasp. Hopefully this season will make up for the last one. I am glad that Sylar got out. If he had been captured that easily, I would have been pretty annoyed. Ticked at Noah for being on Nathan's side.

Anyone else find it ironic that sylar's real dad is not a watchmaker, but a taxidermist?

I figure a bunch of the internet show and comic roles and are about to cross over into the main show... they have done it before several times, but usually it has just been to kill them off. Though I haven't seen the comic in a long time, I should probably catch up (last time it filled in the action that happened b/w seasons... maybe it has done that again).

So what did everyone think? I wasn't sure...it wasn't great, it was more a filler...I liked the rebel kid, that could be interesting :3

<(^-^)>

Yeah, I liked the kid too. He's like a little Mini-Sylar! You could practically see the gears turning in Sylar's head. :D

Yeah, I liked the kid too. He's like a little Mini-Sylar! You could practically see the gears turning in Sylar's head. :D

Slightly disappointing episode. However I did love the heat kid. Definitely a mini-Sylar. I'm pissed that they killed Daphne though. Also what's up with Peter, one at a time? Not cool. Any thoughts as to how Hiro is gonna get his ability back?

Slightly disappointing episode. However I did love the heat kid. Definitely a mini-Sylar. I'm pissed that they killed Daphne though. Also what's up with Peter, one at a time? Not cool. Any thoughts as to how Hiro is gonna get his ability back?

I had a chuckle at the one-at-a-time ability for Peter - it's as if the writers played Heroes or Heroes Hybrid here on BD!

I had a chuckle at the one-at-a-time ability for Peter - it's as if the writers played Heroes or Heroes Hybrid here on BD!

LOL, I was saying the same thing to Sin :P

BTW, a few observations...

1) Anyone else notice that Peter never made skin-to-skin contact (as it was clearly shown to be required on the airplane) with Nathan? Yet he flew away?

I think the one-at-a-time thing may be a ploy. He fed a load of BS to the Freeze girl

2) Anyone notice that the Microwave kid... had a painfully similar story as Sylar? And just happened to know where Sylar's Dad moved to?

I think the kid is Sylar's half-brother.

;)

LOL, I was saying the same thing to Sin :P

BTW, a few observations...

1) Anyone else notice that Peter never made skin-to-skin contact (as it was clearly shown to be required on the airplane) with Nathan? Yet he flew away?

I think the one-at-a-time thing may be a ploy. He fed a load of BS to the Freeze girl

Hmmmm, good point, I didn't think of that.

2) Anyone notice that the Microwave kid... had a painfully similar story as Sylar? And just happened to know where Sylar's Dad moved to?

I think the kid is Sylar's half-brother.

;)

That's what i was thinking...