BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Yoruichi-san

Question

Okay, since it's my birthday (9/26), I'll give you guys a present...here's my final hint:

How many letters are in the second part? There's a very good reason for this. My method wouldn't work with more than this number and although it could work with less, it would be harder for me to have constructed it...

;)

Now, if you want to give me a present, SOLVE THIS! ;P

Happy Birthday!

Me too!

Your missing letter should be D, but are you sure your code is correct? I have AIRN at the end and think you need 'Involuteer C' or 'Involute Crn' to get AINEN - probably my mistake...

I won't go forgetting Indium in a hurry - that really messed me up!

Neither ;P

:o

Okay, since it's my birthday (9/26), I'll give you guys a present...here's my final hint:

How many letters are in the second part? There's a very good reason for this. My method wouldn't work with more than this number and although it could work with less, it would be harder for me to have constructed it...

;)

Now, if you want to give me a present, SOLVE THIS! ;P

For the moment, a very Happy Birthday to a lovely person :P

Happy Birthday!

Me too!

Your missing letter should be D, but are you sure your code is correct? I have AIRN at the end and think you need 'Involuteer C' or 'Involute Crn' to get AINEN - probably my mistake...

I won't go forgetting Indium in a hurry - that really messed me up!

Great job, you've solved the puzzle! However, lol, you answered the wrong question...the title says "Find the Extra Letter", not the missing letter... ;)

And as I said in the OP, you can tack on an extra word on the end...;P

Thanks, I'm happy now! :D

Oh, and FYI, I'm going to call this my first Leliel puzzle...referring to the Angel...meant to challenge your perceptions ;P

Most ppl looking at the OP would see what they thought was a sentence with some meaning and a random string of letters which they think is a cipher...

When actually the "sentence" is a string of elements that make up the cipher and the "cipher" makes up the sentence...

Anyways, you can definitely expect more Leliel puzzles to come...:D

Oh, and will post full solution, but I want to give foolonthehill a chance to finish off her excellent work!

Oh, and FYI, I'm going to call this my first Leliel puzzle...referring to the Angel...meant to challenge your perceptions ;P

Most ppl looking at the OP would see what they thought was a sentence with some meaning and a random string of letters which they think is a cipher...

When actually the "sentence" is a string of elements that make up the cipher and the "cipher" makes up the sentence...

Anyways, you can definitely expect more Leliel puzzles to come...:D

Oh, and will post full solution, but I want to give foolonthehill a chance to finish off her excellent work!

Here HE is to complete HIS solution

The extra letter is R in I LIKE BRAIRN, so the missing word is DEN!

I had thought that, because E and N were already in your cipher key, you were going for BRAIN (D)EN with a missing D!

What makes me sound female I wonder?! :o

Nice puzzle anyway - I like the Chemistry problems, as it always surprises me how easy it is to make words out of Chemical symbols.

(And happy birthday again for yesterday - or is it still today for you?)

Here HE is to complete HIS solution

The extra letter is R in I LIKE BRAIRN, so the missing word is DEN!

I had thought that, because E and N were already in your cipher key, you were going for BRAIN (D)EN with a missing D!

What makes me sound female I wonder?! :o

Nice puzzle anyway - I like the Chemistry problems, as it always surprises me how easy it is to make words out of Chemical symbols.

(And happy birthday again for yesterday - or is it still today for you?)

Nice! Yeah, but I already used the maximum number of letters for the method to work (9), so I couldn't get the D...and actually, this wasn't that easy to construct...lol...I had to make 2 sentences out of the same numbers...it took a bit of trial and error and figuring out how to make it work...

Anyways, as promised, the solution:

[spoiler='Leliel's true form:

']The shadow (i.e. cipher)

(He) (H)(At)(Es) (In)(V)(O)(Lu)(Te)(S)

2 1 85 99 49 23 8 71 52 16

The Angel (i.e. sentence)

RIKYANBEL

So:

(21859949238715216)-> I REALLY LIKE BRAIRN (den)

Was that "the cruel Angel's thesis"? ;P

Excellent!!! :P Great puzzle Ysan, and great work guys

Yes I'm only here cuz of the link in Ysan's sig ;D

Thanks! :D

Actually I've been considering joining an Intelligence agency and coding their messages for them...so if all of a sudden spies all start carrying around periodic tables...;P