BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

I'm a liar or truthteller, you don't know. I have a tiny ball in my hand, you can't see it. I's red or white. Ask me a unique question and learn its color. But I can only say "yes" or "no" to your question.

6 answers to this question

Well if you're a liar, then the information about a ball in your hand is incorrect, and it would be hard to know what to ask.
If I were to ask you if the ball is red, would you say yes?

If your answer is yes, the ball is red. White if you say no.

You're excellent Bonanova.

Really, if someone knows the way for liar problems, this is not a hard one. This is only a modification of those, by me.

Well if you're a liar, then the information about a ball in your hand is incorrect, and it would be hard to know what to ask.
If I were to ask you if the ball is red, would you say yes?

If your answer is yes, the ball is red. White if you say no.

Sorry I dont get this one. is Bonanova's ans the correct one? If so, could someone please explain?

thanks, :)

Sorry I dont get this one. is Bonanova's ans the correct one? If so, could someone please explain?

thanks, :)

Lets say the ball is red. If you ask the truthteller "If I were to ask you if the ball is red, would you say yes?", he would answer yes. If you asked the liar the same question, he would also have to answer yes because he has to lie about what he would say (a lie about a lie is the truth- at least when it comes to yes or no questions).